Barbie Super Model is a 1993 game for the IBM Personal Computer, Sega Genesis and Super Nintendo Entertainment System in which the player plays as Barbie, going through her everyday life. For example, the player does a fashion show on stage, skating on the beach, and driving Barbie's convertible around the city. Many of the games are arcade-style side-scrolling, like having Barbie's car drive horizontally across the screen while trying to steer clear of other cars.
This video game provides examples of:
- Costume Porn: Using large sprites (and/or backgrounds as sprites), the game gets some pretty detailed designs on the clothes.
- Everything's Better with Sparkles: Sparkles appear a lot in the game.
- Everything Trying to Kill You: Happens in some of the mini-games, such as hitting seagulls and beach balls while skating at the beach.
- The Fashionista: Pretty much the whole point of the game is dressing up Barbie for the fashion show.
- Fashion Magazine: You have to play a memory game with magazine covers, remembering Barbie's outfit on a magazine cover and finding its match out of a variety of outfits to earn bonus points.
- Fashion Model: Barbie's one in this game, as indicated by the title. So several outfits will be tried on.
- Fashion Show: The main point of the game is to get ready for one.
- Gameplay Roulette: The game switches from a side scroller, to matching magazine covers with outfits, to remembering the correct order of Barbie's dance moves in the span of a few minutes.
- Girly Girl: Barbie is still feminine, even when doing heavy activity.
- Impossible Hourglass Figure: Just like the toys, Barbie's body has ridiculously perfect proportions.
- Pimped-Out Dress: Barbie owns a few of these to wear. The title screen has her in a fancy and detailed pink dress.
- Pink Means Feminine: Most of Barbie's possessions seem to be pink.
- Plenty of Blondes: Nearly every woman in the game is a blonde.
- Pretty in Mink: One of her outfits has a fur jacket.
- Perpetual Smiler: Barbie never stops smiling.
- Unlimited Wardrobe: Since the game makes a huge point out of dressing up Barbie, this is to be expected.
- Virtual Paper Doll: One of the mini-games.