Video Game: Barbie Super Model
Barbie Super Model is a 1993 game for the IBM Personal Computer, Sega Genesis and Super Nintendo Entertainment System in which the player plays as Barbie, going through her everyday life. For example, the player does a fashion show on stage, skating on the beach, and driving Barbie's convertible around the city. Many of the games are arcade-style side-scrolling, like having Barbie's car drive horizontally across the screen while trying to steer clear of other cars. The game was made for young girls, but some grown men have Let's Played this game on YouTube for comedic effect.Some funny Let's Plays include this one by Azurite Reaction, this one by Northernlion, this one by Kikoskia, and this one by MrSefe.
This video game provides examples of:
- Brainless Beauty: Barbie might be one: She spends all of her time participating in fashion shows, modeling, driving fancy cars around, or exercising. She never does any intellectual activities in the game.
- Costume Porn: The game lapses into this occasionally.
- Everyone Loves Blondes
- Everything's Better with Sparkles
- Everything Trying to Kill You: Happens in some of the mini-games, such as hitting seagulls and beach balls while skating at the beach.
- The Fashionista: Pretty much the whole point of the game is dressing up Barbie for the fashion show.
- Fashion Magazine: You have to play a memory game with magazine covers, remembering Barbie's outfit on a magazine cover and finding its match out of a variety of outfits to earn bonus points.
- Fashion Show: The main point of the game.
- Gameplay Roulette: The game switches from a side scroller, to matching magazine covers with outfits, to remembering the correct order of Barbie's dance moves in the span of a few minutes. This might be a Justified Trope since the game was made for children who may have had shorter attention spans and would have enjoyed the variety of gameplay.
- Girly Girl: Barbie fits this trope to a T.
- Let's Play: There are several hilarious ones on YouTube.
- Impossible Hourglass Figure: Just like the toys, Barbie's body has ridiculously perfect proportions.
- Pimped-Out Dress: Barbie owns a few of these.
- Pink Product Ploy: All of Barbie's possessions seem to be pink.
- Plenty of Blondes: Nearly every woman in the game is a blonde.
- Pretty in Mink: One of her outfits has a fur jacket.
- Perpetual Smiler: Barbie never stops smiling.
- Unlimited Wardrobe: Since the game makes a huge point out of dressing up Barbie, this is to be expected.
- Virtual Paper Doll: One of the mini-games.