open/close all folders
- A Fiber One ad featured a talking shark and his wife. The husband shark said he saw dessert, while the wife shark said he just had a big lunch. While the husband shark denies the size of the meal, he belches out a snorkel belonging to a diver he ate.
- Clifford the Dragon in this Listerine ad picks a knight's helmet out of his teeth when the narrator mentions rich food as a cause of his bad breath.
- An early 2000s ad for Vespa scooters shows a young woman on a Vespa seducing King Kong while he is destroying a city. He seems to be attracted too... then promptly gobbles her up and picks her bra out of his teeth, which he uses to polish his new Vespa.
Anime and Manga
Films — Animation
- In the first Shrek, the dragon breaks into Lord Farquad's castle during the climax, eats him, then burps up his crown.
- Towards the end of Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2, Chester V gets eaten by a Cheesespider, who spits out his orange vest.
- In Ice Age 2: The Meltdown, a glyptodont is pulled underwater and eaten by two prehistoric sea creatures, then has its empty shell spat back out onto the shore. His friend uses it as a mobile home.
Films — Live-Action
- In Pacific Rim, a baby kaiju swallows the resident Triads and Tongs boss and burps out one of his fabulous golden shoes. In The Stinger, he cuts his way back out, seemingly unharmed, and demands his shoe back.
- Up to Eleven in The Host. When it's first seen, the protagonist throws a soda can at it, which it eats. After attacking tons of people, the monster returns to its den and spews out a stomach full of bones, skulls, shoes, more than one could possibly expect its body to hold... ending with the can from the beginning.
- Adele Hasn't Had Her Dinner Yet is about a Man-Eating Plant named Adele who uses to spit out indigestible parts of her meals after she has swallowed them, e.g. a dog's collar or the clothes of a mook who fell prey to her.
- The Little Shop of Horrors Director's Cut has a variation in which Audrey II spits out Seymour's glasses after eating him.
- In The Force Awakens one of the creatures Han Solo was transporting spits out a boot shortly after Han tosses a gangster in its path.
- Toward the end of King Kong Lives, Kong unceremoniously eats alive the General Failure that has been pursuing him for the whole movie. Then he picks out his teeth to remove the cowboy hat stuck between two.
- At the climax of the animated framing story of Creepshow 2, a group of man-eating Venus flytraps chow down on Billy's bully and his cohorts. One of the plants spits out the bully's black motorhuckle boot after eating him.
- Happens in reverse at the end of Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest. The Kraken spits out Captain Sparrow's hat; he puts it back on and then the Kraken eats him.
- Kong: Skull Island: A soldier gets killed by a Skullcrawler, and later, while the team searches for him, the same creature coughs up his skull and dogtag.
- In the music video for "Miserable" by Lit, one of the band members is hiding from the giantess (played by Pamela Anderson) who is eating the band members alive. Once she finds him she slurps him up and chews him a bit before spitting out one of his shoes.
- The music video for "Panic" by the Czech band Lucie has the singer serenading a giantess in a red dress and heels. After he marries her she devours him and pulls his guitar out of her mouth. She follows this up with a loud belch.
- In the Dinosaurs episode "Getting to Know You", Charlene signs up for a foreign exchange student program when she fears her family doesn't know her, and a French bird named François Jean Marie Poupon is sent in her place. However, François is a huge Jerkass to the entire Sinclair family, and when Baby reaches his breaking point, he eats François, and burps up several of his feathers shortly afterward.
- Arduin RPG, The Compleat Arduin Book 2: Resources. The Star Spider is about 10-12 feet wide and long. Opponents that are sucked or pulled into its mouth are destroyed by heat and radiation at a rate of 51-100 Hit Points per combat round. Afterwards the spider spits out the victim's charred spinal column, rib cage and skull.
- This is often a justification for monsters having treasure in Dungeons & Dragons: when they kill previous adventuring parties, they spit out anything they can't digest.
- Crash Bandicoot:
- When the Man-Eating Plant mooks eat Crash, they will spit out his shoes.
- In underwater levels of Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped, the shark mob will eat Crash and spit out his oxygen tank, while the eel mob will do the same and spit out his pink boxers. Similarly, the shark mobs in Coco's jetski stages will spit out her jetski if they eat her.
- The same Man-Eating Plant in Crash Team Racing will spit out the karts' wheels after they eat one.
- Battle Chess: The rook's finishing move on the opposing queen is to swallow her and spit out her tiara. Something similar happens when the rook takes a knight in Battle Chess 2: Chinese Chess.
- In Hotel Mario, when Larry Koopa catches Mario, he spits out Mario's hat.
- In Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage!, there is a challenge where you have to protect a village of cavemen from being eaten by dinosaurs. If one of them catches a caveman, he eats him whole and spits out a single bone.
- One of the animations of the Arachnarok Spider in Total War: Warhammer is to eat an enemy and then spit out its weapons.
- Looney Tunes
- In the short "Puss'n Booty", a woman calls the pet store to order a new canary, while nearby her cat burps out a couple of feathers. At the end of the short, the canary burps out the cat's bow.
- Sylvester the Cat and Tweety Bird. When Sylvester eats Tweety, he often burps up some of Tweety's feathers afterward.
- In Sonic Boom episode 4, Tails gets eaten by an octopus, which then spits out his goggles. Then Tails reaches out of its mouth and tries to pull himself out.
- Happens in an episode of Futurama when a woman gets eaten by, of all things, an elephant.