open/close all folders
- Mystic has a rare human example of this in issue #36: after the Guild Master of the Dark Magi Guild defeats would-be usurper Tancred, to get around his magically binding vow not to kill him, he hands Tancred over to Vashua, Guild Master of the Tantric Guild. She casts a spell, kisses Tancred on the lips - and proceeds to inhale him whole like Mileena. The next panel depicts her with cheeks puffed up and a speech bubble with "<urp>" in lowercase coming from her lips, a graphical depiction of a genteel belch.
Film - Animated
- Hercules: Subverted. The Hydra eats Hercules and burps when done, but Hercules escapes by sticking in its throat and cutting its head off.
- The Great Mouse Detective: Felicia burps after eating Bartholomew. Ratigan had fed him to her for disrespecting him.
- Shrek: Combined with Spit Out a Shoe (crown) after the Dragon eats Lord Farquaad alive, she burps up his crown.
Film - Live Action
- In Mortal Kombat: Annihilation, Jade is fed to a monster carving in the wall by Shao Kahn for failing him. The carving gives out a great big burp when it's done with her.
- In the climax of My Favorite Martian, Lizzie uses some alien tech to turn into an alien monster and take out two thugs beating up Ted. After gulping one of them down whole she lets out a loud burp, complete with an embarrased look afterward.
- Return of the Jedi: After the bounty hunter Boba Fett slides into the Sarlacc's mouth, it burps to show he's started to (to quote Jabba the Hutt) find a new definition of pain and suffering" as he's "slowly digested over 1,000 years".
- In The Little Shop of Horrors, the giant carnivorous plant Audrey Junior tends to burp after eating a whole person.
- A short with The Three Stooges has the trio as rulers of a fictional country, Moronica (what else?). When the people revolt, the Stooges run to hide and wind up in a pit with three lions. They run into an opening, followed by the lions. One by one, the lions emerge wearing the Stooges' accoutrements, and one of them licks his lips and burps.
Live Action TV
- Doctor Who: In "Rose", a Nestene construct in the shape of a wheelie bin burps after swallowing Mickey. However, it hasn't eaten him, only captured him, and he turns up again alive and well later.
- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy: At the end of the animated Guide entry on Vogon Constructor Fleets, when a Vogon grandmother is eaten by the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal.
- The music video for "Panic" by the Czech band Lucie has the singer serenading a giantess in a red dress and heels. After he marries her she devours him and pulls his guitar out of her mouth before looking into the camera and loudly belching.
- Routinely occurs in Bill Holbrook's webcomic Kevin & Kell, where predation is both normal and an industry.
- Little Coney yields a burp after devouring a grown tiger who was poised to expose her mother's affliction with domestication, which would've gotten Kell fired.
- The Jerry Springer Spaniel Show tried to stir up trouble between Kevin and Kell over an online affair. The last panel of the Thursday 28 May 1998 strip has Kell give a burp while speaking to her husband; Jerry Spaniel is suddenly gone, his microphone lying on the set floor.
- The Porky Pig cartoon "Who's Who In The Zoo" (1942) concludes with an ice cream truck and its vendor being flagged down by a zoo's lion who presumably wants an ice cream bar. The vendor walks out of the scene towards him. We hear the lion roar, then we see the lion with a Balloon Belly and the vendor's hat, licking his lips and giving out with a very satisfied hiccup.
- 1943's "Puss 'N' Booty" starts off with house cat Rudolph hiccupping out the feathers of the last bird he ate. At the conclusion, when Rudolph turns up missing, his owner asks new bird Dickie Bird where he is. He says he doesn't but then he hiccups out Rudolph's ribbon.