open/close all folders
Film - Live Action
- In Mortal Kombat: Annihilation, Jade is fed to a monster carving in the wall by Shao Kahn for failing him. The carving gives out a great big burp when it's done with her.
- In the climax of My Favorite Martian, Lizzie uses some alien tech to turn into an alien monster and take out two thugs beating up Ted. After gulping one of them down whole she lets out a loud burp, complete with an embarrased look afterward.
- Return of the Jedi: After the bounty hunter Boba Fett slides into the Sarlacc's mouth, it burps to show he's started to (to quote Jabba the Hutt) find a new definition of pain and suffering" as he's "slowly digested over 1,000 years".
- In The Little Shop of Horrors, the giant carnivorous plant Audrey Junior tends to burp after eating a whole person.
Film - Animated
- Hercules: Subverted. The Hydra eats Hercules and burps when done, but Hercules escapes by sticking in its throat and cutting its head off.
- The Great Mouse Detective: Felicia burps after eating Bartholomew. Ratigan had fed him to her for disrespecting him.
- Shrek: Combined with Spit Out a Shoe (crown) after the Dragon eats Lord Farquaad alive, she burps up his crown.
Live Action TV
- Doctor Who: In "Rose", a Nestene construct in the shape of a wheelie bin burps after swallowing Mickey. However, it hasn't eaten him, only captured him, and he turns up again alive and well later.
- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy: At the end of the animated Guide entry on Vogon Constructor Fleets, when a Vogon grandmother is eaten by the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal.
- Routinely occurs in Bill Holbrook's webcomic Kevin & Kell, where predation is both normal and an industry.
- Little Coney yields a burp after devouring a grown tiger who was poised to expose her mother's affliction with domestication, which would've gotten Kell fired.
- The Jerry Springer Spaniel Show tried to stir up trouble between Kevin and Kell over an online affair. The last panel of the Thursday 28 May 1998 strip has Kell give a burp while speaking to her husband; Jerry Spaniel is suddenly gone, his microphone lying on the set floor.