Lit provides examples of the following tropes:
- Anti-Love Song: "Miserable.""You make me come.""You make me complete""You make me completely miserable"
- Attackof The 50 Ft What Ever: In the music video for "Miserable" they play all over the body of a giant Pamela Anderson. Unfortunately for the band she chases them down and eats them all alive.
- Colossus Climb: Their most famous video features them exploring Pamela Anderson's body.
- Nice Shoes: The band's lead guitarist has pair of shiny black shoes with white flames on them called "hot rods." They're such nice shoes that Pamela Anderson even spat one out after she ate him!
- Obsession Song: "Addicted."
- Shocking Swerve: The ending to the video for "Miserable." For most of the video the giantess seems benine, simply letting the band play on her body like a stage. But then without warning she turns on the band and starts eating them alive.
- What Do You Mean, It's Not Didactic??: "Miserable" features a gigantic, scantily dressed woman being climbed on by an all-male band. She then turns the tables on them and eats them, with the men being completely helpless to stop her. Needless to say a lot of people saw a "female empowerment" message in the video.