"You're supposed to be Santa's wife, not his mistress!"A sexy dress designed to make it clear it's to be worn for Christmas time. The outfit is usually red, and trimmed with either fur (real or fake) or with feathers, often topped by a Santa hat. The exact form of the dress can vary:
— Geneva, Hangin' with Mr. Cooper
- Usually it's a mini dress.
- Sometimes it's a sexy top and short skirt (in order to Bare Your Midriff).
- Sometimes it's a sexy top and hot pants or booty shorts (again for midriff baring).
- Sometimes it will be a skintight leotard.
open/close all folders
- Worn by Santa's helpers in this ad for Funeraria Lopez, a funeral home in Guatemala.
Anime & Manga
- Haruhi Suzumiya:
- Several official illustrations featuring Haruhi play this up.
- She stuffs Mikuru into one for the Christmas party in Disappearance.
- Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha's first Megami Sound Stage, which was set immediately before the second season's Christmas Episode, had a CD Jacket featuring Nanoha and Fate wearing a skimpy Santa and reindeer suit respectively.
- In the FLCL manga, Haruko dresses Mamimi in one and, along with Ninamori, who dresses in only an extra-large men's shirt (calling Haruko and Mamimi amateurs...), the three of them spend the night in Naota's room in order to toy with his hormones.
- In the anime OVA Itsudatte My Santa! a Magical Girl trainee Santa Claus called Mai has this as the outfit she transforms into to perform magic.
- In Mythical Detective Loki Ragnarok, Mayura wears a dress that has a short skirt, but isn't quite revealing enough to be the skimpy kind.
- Axis Powers Hetalia:
- The cover picture for Period 78 of Mahou Sensei Negima! features Asuna, Konoka, and Setsuna wearing the skimpy, short-skirted Santa version.
- In K-On! Yui wears one as "punishment" during their Christmas Party, the teacher decides this isn't enough fun and forces Mio into it instead. (In the manga, it's a midriff-baring top and skirt, while the anime is a one-piece with straps, short enough to show a lot of leg.)
- Not all that skimpy, but Aoi-Santa (Santaoi?) wears one in the Christmas Episode of Ai Yori Aoshi Enishi.
- Official Rumiko Takahashi illustrations of Ranma ½ have given female Ranma plenty of Christmas leotards as well as New Year kimonos for the respective holiday issues of Shonen Sunday.
- Hayate the Combat Butler:
- Ayumu Nishizawa wears this on some cover pages, and appears in it during the first anime season.
- Nagi has worn this on a cover page, too—or rather, had been wearing.
- As of issue 300, 1st place and 2nd place in the character polls Hinagiku and Athena respectively get added to this list.
- In the first Christmas chapter of the Keroro Gunsou manga, Aki Hinata wears this getup at the Christmas party the Keronians throw.
- The Santa stand-in girls in Those Who Hunt Elves.
- In Love Hina, there's a cover of the manga◊ that has the main female cast in various forms of these dresses.
- The dresses for the cover of the Sailor Moon Sailor Stars "Merry Christmas!" CD has all of the girls in cute Santa dresses◊.
- In an episode of the second season of Ah! My Goddess Urd wears one of these dresses.
- Every arc of the Amagami SS anime gives us a glimpse of some of the girls in this get-up, but Haruka Morishima stands out the most, especially since she has won the "Miss Santa" contest three years running.
- Played for Laughs with Hitoha and Mitsuba (among plenty of others).
- Played straight with Kuriyama-sensei.
- In an OVA of Galaxy Fraulein Yuna, Yuri wears a jacket and hot shorts form of this.
- The Idolmaster - Miki, Ami and Mami on the Christmas Episode.
- Suite Pretty Cure ♪ had the main heroines wearing these in their Christmas Episode.
- An issue of Nana to Kaoru has an art page with Nana in a sexy santa bikini!
- Misaki wears one in episode 13 of The Pet Girl of Sakurasou.
- In Heavy Object Froleytia wears one to her unit's Christmas party, to the delight of the male soldiers. Milinda dons one as well to try and get Quenser's attention.
- The girls from Archie Comics are often depicted wearing skimpy version on the covers of the Christmas issues.
- There is a superhero comic called "Chrissie Claus", and her costume is this◊.
- Empowered wore this in some bonus material.
- A male version of this trope was worn by Xandir of Drawn Together.
- Mean Girls has the titular girls performing to Jingle Bell Rock in versions of this outfit. According to Damian, the Plastics have been doing it every year for the Winter Talent Show since they were in middle school. It should be noted that the choreography was done by Janis Ian, before she and Regina stopped being friends in middle school. One can assume that the outfits were probably way less revealing than they were in High School.
- In Kiss Kiss Bang Bang Harmony wears one of these because she's working at a sleazy Christmas party.
- Love Actually has a bunch of women wearing these outfits in a music video with Bill Nighy's aging rocker.
- The Ice Princess outfit in Batman Returns.
- A porn star wears a revealing Santa cloak, with thigh-high boots and a leather thong, in Don't Open Till Christmas.
- If You Believe: Susan gets sexy red underpants with green Christmas tree applications from her friendly colleague Gloria. Tom surprises her on Christmas Day in the morning and likes her outfit a lot.
Live Action TV
- In Home Improvement, Tim Taylor had Jill wear one of these when trying to take a family Christmas picture. He didn't make her wear it when they tried again, but did suggest she wear it for private moments.
- In Two and a Half Men, Alan's crazy Christmas loving girlfriend dons a skimpy costume when she realizes Santa's not coming because she's been a bad girl.
- A staple of WWE's annual Tribute to the Troops Christmas specials.
- Right before Christmas, WWE Raw will often have a Santa's Little Helper match, with the Divas all wearing these kinds out outfits.
- In the Psych holiday episode, Gus's hot sister wears one of these as a disguise.
- In a Christmas episode of Chuck, Anna Wu wears one for the Holiday sales season.
- Elaine from Seinfeld wore this on the photo for her holiday cards. The one showing a nipple.
- In the Are You Being Served? episode, "The Father Christmas Affair", Mr. Humphries wore one.
- NFL Cheerleaders are guaranteed to wear these for the team's last home game before Christmas. Double points if it's outdoors and the women are in danger of freezing something important off.
- Vanessa went this route in an episode of Hangin' with Mr. Cooper, when asked to dress up as a Mrs. Mall Santa. It was originally a Happy Holidays Dress, but she thought it was too plain, so she cut into something sexy. This angered Mark a bit, as it was a rental. Mark's Straight Woman cousin Geneva's reaction was priceless, giving the page quote.
- Worn by Victoria Jackson on a Christmas episode of Saturday Night Live from 1989 (host: Andie MacDowell; musical guest: Tracy Chapman) on a Weekend Update segment where she plays a lonely Mrs. Claus who sings "Santa Please Skip Christmas This Year" and ends up kissing Dennis Miller and sitting on his lap.
- The SNL bumper for the season 36 episode hosted by Paul Rudd had Rudd wearing a sexy Santa dress and heels.
- Kamen Rider Double's first movie marks the first and only time the (male) character Santa-chan doesn't dress like Santa. When asked why (especially since it actually IS Christmas), Santa opens the door, revealing Queen and Elizabeth (the cute high school girls who help the protagonists) wearing these outfits.
- On Nickelodeon teen show Victorious, the three main female characters Jade, Tori and Cat all wear differing dresses.
- On Community, Annie wears one in "Regional Holiday Music". However, its actually a parody; while she originally uses it to seduce Jeff she devolves into a Brainless Beauty using Baby Talk that just manages to squick him out.
Jeff: Eventually, you hit a point of diminishing returns on the sexiness.
Annie What's a demmemememuah?
- Stacy wears one while playing Mrs Claus in an episode of Spin City and is immediately swarmed by fathers wanting to sit on her lap.
- Appears during the Season 3 Glee Christmas Episode, many of the glee girls wear matching minidresses trimmed in white fur and matching hats (presumably red, but the episode is in black and white) during their number.
- Ally McBeal:
- Ally wears a red mini-dress trimmed with white fur while singing "Santa Baby" at the bar when the office celebrate Christmas. The whole office thought she would suck, but they admitted she was good. And sexy.
- Once Cage&Fish had a case representing an older man employed as mall Santa who was fired because the mall hired a young pair of models to play sexy young Santa-like guy and his hot female helper. Both wear red revealing outfits with Santa hats.
- Will & Grace: Karen wears one for Jack's suggested window dressing. Including some bare-chested "reindeer."
- The cover photos of some of Mariah Carey's Christmas albums show her in a sexy santa catsuit, an atypical example of this trope, but the fanservice is still there.
- A straighter example is in her recent re-recording of "All I Want For Christmas Is You", where she wears a red mini dress and hat trimmed with white feathers.
- Barbie has worn a few, even though most of her Christmas dresses are the Happy Holidays Dress.
- Skytube once released a Santa Girl figure named Noel Chat Noir, based on artwork created by Tony Taka (also known as T2 Arts) as well as the myth of Christmas Black Cat, and thanks to cast off feature, you can change her clothes as well.
- THE iDOLM@STER: Live For You has these as a costume set.
- Often turns up in Virtual Paper Doll games.
- In World of Warcraft, there are green and red "Winter Veil" outfits. Not surprisingly, the female version is much skimpier than the male version despite being the same items.
- In Hitman: Blood Money, there is a level taking place at a porn king's mountain villa during the holiday season. You can guess what the women are wearing. Or not wearing as the case may be...
- Rareware did this official wallpaper◊ of Kameo.
- Resonance of Fate gives us Leanne (or Reanbell) wearing the mini-dress type during a later mission where you must deliver Christmas presents to little kids.
- Starcraft's Infested Kerrigan◊ of all people ended up in one of these on a Christmas wallpaper.
- For the Christmas event in Killing Floor, the Stalker wears a very skimpy Sexy Santa costume.
- Soul Calibur IV features Santa suits as DLC that turns into Sexy Santa Dresses on females.
- Riot Games, creators of League of Legends, release one of these as a limited-edition champion skin for one of their hot female champions every Christmas. In 2009 it was Snow Bunny Nidalee, in 2010 it was Candy Cane Miss Fortune, in 2011 it was Mistletoe LeBlanc and in 2012 they released Slay Belle Katarina.
- Dead or Alive: In DOA 2 Ultimate, this was an unlockable outfit for Kasumi. In DOA 5, this was Christmas DLC for all the girls, including the Virtua Fighter girls.
- The third instalment Warriors Orochi offers this as a DLC for Da Ji, Wang Yuanji and Mitsunari.
- One of Ryouta's odd jobs in Hatoful Boyfriend: Holiday Star involves wearing one. Yes, a male pigeon in a Sexy Santa Dress. He's shown in it in the creator's Advent Calendar. The human girl comments that she wants to try it, too.
- Played with in Questionable Content: Three of the girls are so dressed, Hanners looking notably uncomfortable at the shortness of her skirt and a scowling Faye muttering "this is demeaning".
- Omake Omatsuri: Becky wears the sexy top and short skirt version in the 2002 "Happy Holidays" strip, which was outside, and she was really cold. The next year, she wore a sweater to be comfortable.
- Ellen wore one in a few El Goonish Shive filler strips. One time her mom objects, because she's worried Ellen will catch cold in it.
- Lilah does this for Ethan in a Christmas edition of Ctrl+Alt+Del, but Ethan is too busy playing video games to even look at her.
- Drawn for Skin Horse by Indigo, the artist of Kismetropolis, it fits the trope but (WARNING) the two PhDs in the elf costumes are female and the character in the minidress is Dr. Tip Wilkins.
- Some of the Christmas strips in RPG World.
- The Christmas special page in Agents of the Realm has all five girls dressed like the woman in page picture.
- Brandi of Penny and Aggie wore what is basically a Santa corset.
- Spoofed in strip from The Devil's Panties.
"I'm gonna' get in so much trouble for this.
- Parodied in this strip of Blip, where one of the ladies refuses to dress up this way, and others start complaining about how uncomfortable it's making them.
- Jenn and Satan both wear one in this Casey and Andy Christmas update.
- And Satan wears another one in a strip that resembles a printable Christmas card.
- In Starcommand (late December 2009), Penny is embarrassed to be seen wearing this kind of costume.
- Thae of Overlord Academy wore one of these in the Christmas voting reward. Nova wore a more Moe version.
- Visarah from Uncreation wore one in 2010, with Dieter dressed as a nutcracker.
- In a Saving Christmas arc in Evil Inc., Lightning Lady gets her standard Leotard of Power replaced with a Santa version.
- Lampshaded by Sydney in Unintentionally Pretentious here.
- In Shiniez the three girls spend the twelve days leading up to Christmas wearing theses.
- Mimi's main outfit in Grim Tales
- Touhou fan-comic Life of Maid'' has Sakuya, Reimu, Yukari and Eirin join forces to play Santa for all of Gensokyo — which naturally includes all four of them wearing their own variations on the outfit.
- Gaia Online has a "Young Mrs. Claus" set which is one of these, as well as a "Santa Baby" outfit which is pretty much the Spear Counterpart.
- Lar deSouza (aka "Lartist"), draws Least I Could Do, Looking for Group, and did this pin-up.
- The Gaming Pixie wears one in her Metroid review complete with fur trim, a big, red bow, and a single red rhinestone.
- In the American Dad! episode "Tears of a Clooney" Steve and Roger start an orphan sweat shop and Steve has two of the teenaged female orphans wear this outfit during winter.
- Turns up in the Christmas Episode of American Dragon: Jake Long when Jake accidentally finds himself in the middle of a Christmas-themed chorus line. (The dancers think he is there for the Chinese New Year number that is coming up later.)
- In a Christmas episode of The Cleveland Show, Roberta gets hired in a mega store as a skimply-dressed elf. When her sexist boss rejected Kendra for the role of Santa Claus, Roberta and her co-workers complain about continuing to have to wear their costumes and quit...tossing Mr. Grundle their shorts.
- In the Phineas and Ferb Christmas special, Dr. Doofensmirtz had Santa girls as backup dancers during his "I Really Don't Hate Christmas" song. The extended version features Stacy and Jenny wearing these in the song "What Does he want?"
- The Scooby Doo special Scooby-Doo! Haunted Holiday has Daphne and Velma's elf costumes. Not exactly a Santa dress, but they are skin tight.
- Cher and Babs wore matching ones in Tiny Toon Adventures.
- The Totally Spies! episode "Evil G.L.A.D.I.S. Much?" has Sam, Clover and Alex wearing these at the WOOHP Christmas party. The girls were not pleased...that their outfits were red, when fuchsia was the appropriate color that year.
- Dr. Girlfriend wears a Christmas outfit in The Venture Bros. Christmas special.