Needs a Better DescriptionBritish Pop Punk boy band that formed in 2001 and split up in 2005. Despite being mainly supplanted by Mc Fly in the public consciousness, they were influential at the time in bringing back guitar-driven pop bands and had a great many copy-cat acts at the time. They were also the number one selling band in the UK for two years, outselling Coldplay.They were best known for their songs "What I Go To School For" and "Year 3000" (both were later covered by The Jonas Brothers), for providing the theme song for the live-action Thunderbirds movie, and in America for their reality show America or Busted. They released 3 albums, two studio albums and one live album.They re-formed in 2013 and became a new supergroup with McFly called McBusted.In 2015 they reformed in their classic line-up, with new album in preparation.
The group consists of:
- James Bourne
- Charlie Simpson
- Matt Willis
- Busted (2002)
- A Present for Everyone (2003)
- A Ticket For Everyone: Busted Live (2004)
- Big Ol' Eyebrows: Charlie◊, Charlie, Charlie.
- Breakup Song: "Over Now".
- Cross Dresser: Matt appears as the bride in "Crashed The Wedding", seemingly channeling Sam Fox.
- Fading into the Next Song: "Meet You There" slowly fades into "Why" on the album "A Present for Everyone".
- Hard Drinking Party Guy: Matt was nicknamed in British tabloids as "Beer Matt" for his many drunken incidents.
- Hot for Student: The ending of "What I Go To School For", and its bookend-song "Loser Kid".
- Hot for Teacher: The entire point of "What I Go To School For".
- Multicolored Hair: One of Matt's defining characteristics was to never have the same hair colour for any singles campaign.
- Performance Video: Their last two singles, "3am" and "She Wants To Be Me", were both montage videos from their live DVD.
- Reality Show: "America or Busted", following the
- Post-Busted, Matt appeared on I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here, and won after eating a kangaroo's anus. Considered by Matt to be his personal Old Shame.
- Screw Yourself: Matt makes out with himself during the video for "Crashed The Wedding", much to James and Charlie's suggested chagrin. It Makes Sense in Context.
- Shout-Out: "Year 3000" contained references to Back to the Future, as shown in the page quote.
- Slash Fic: They were a boyband, of course there was slash-fic. (When questioned on it, Matt and James decided to Ship Tease by declaring mutual love on their arms.)
- Spiritual Successor: McFly are considered to be Busted's successors (and were even nicknamed in the British Press as "Baby Busted" when they first hit the big time).
- Also, Son Of Dork, a short-lived band founded by Bourne, whose music was very similar to Busted.
- Stalker with a Crush: "She Wants to be Me" was about this.
- Video Full of Film Clips: "Thunderbirds are Go".