Video Game: Robot Dinosaurs That Shoot Beams When They Roar
"Yo dawgs. I just finished a new one, and it's an introspective take on a personal life experience I once had that I think leaves me emotionally vulnerable, while encouraging the player to think about their own feelings and how they're percieved by the people around them. It's called Robot Dinosaurs That Shoot Beams When They Roar."Need to recapture the feeling of being a kid pretending you're in a Saturday Morning Cartoon for a few minutes? Tired of games with ambiguous titles? Just played Today I Die and need to restore your emotional equilibrium?ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAR!
— Author's dino-description on Kongregate
- Asteroids Dino-Monster: One of the planes splits into two when hit.
- Boring But Dino-Sweet: The power of your beams quickly diminishes with sustained use, but recharges quickly, so firing in tiny bursts as fast as you can press and release the mouse button is a useful strategy, but it means cutting your MIGHTY ROOOAAAAAR short.
- Dino-Breath Weapon: ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAARRRR!
- Dino-Charged Attack: Inverted, holding down the button weakens your attacks.
- Destructive Dino-Saviours: The dinosaurs eat people and blow up helicopters, but thanks to them the Earth is safe for another ten jillion years, so it's all cool!
- Dino-Energy Ball: What Wall Turrets fire.
- Everything's Better with Dinosaurs
- Everything's Better With Dino-Spinning: The boss likes to spin for some reason.
- Exactly What It Says On The Dino-Tin
- Flash Of Dino-Pain: Stronger enemies and the boss blink in a different color when hit.
- Frickin' Dino-Laser Beams: Robot dinosaurs and the boss fire these.
- Funbag Dino-Bag: The intro sequence.
- Funny Background Dino-Event: That poor boy...
- Dino-Homage: The gameplay, enemy design, and boss are strongly enough reminiscent of Stargunner that it's unlikely to be coincidence.
- Humans Are DINO-TASTIC!
- Dino-Jetpack: Dinosaurs have these on their backs.
- Large Dino-Ham: Nick Sumbles obviously had an incredibly fun time doing those roars. (Wait till after the credits, it just gets hammier and hammier.)
- Let's Dino-Play!: With Raocow.
- Dino-Sized Title
- Make-Out Dino-Point
- Marshmallow Dino-Hell: The teenager in the opening sequence does a truly impressive faceplant into his girlfriend's boobs when the meteor carrying the titular robot dinosaurs who etc. etc. lands.
- Mook Dino-Maker: Those dark vortexes.
- Ninja Pirate Robot Dinosaur
- Rule Of Dino-Cool: The game's dino-d'Ítre
- Self Dino-strating Article
- Sequential Dino-Boss
- Sentry Dino-Gun: Ball with a stick-variety on surfaces.
- Sex Equals Dino-Death
- So Once Again The Dino-Day Is Saved: "...for another ten jillion years!"
- Unsound Dino-Effect
- Dino Motion Gun. The power-up gives you a bigger one.
- When All You Have Is Shooting Beams From Your Dino-Mouth
- Xtreme Kool Dyno-Letterz