"And just to prove it, I wouldn't mind if she was a guy!"Alice has never really been in love with anyone else but Bob. She can only be attracted to/aroused by him, not even other men, or, for that matter, women. Not even porn can do it for Alice, unless Bob is in the porn. If Bob turns into a girl, Alice will still be hot for her. If Bob is technically more than one person, Alice will love all of them, to the exclusion of everyone else that does not inhabit Bob's body. The only way you can describe Alice's sexuality is "Bob-sexual". Sometimes a serious character type, sometimes a joke said by Charlie to describe Alice's infatuation with Bob. Sometimes it gets to the point where Alice becomes a Stalker with a Crush or something similar. See also If It's You, It's Okay for when the target is outside of the character's usual sexual preferences; in both cases it's often a way to give a character who isn't normally seen as having 'sexuality' a romantic interest. Most shippers tend to believe their OTP is affected by this. Disinterest in attractive people of an appropriate gender, other than one's love interest, is commonly shown as an indication of being deeply in love; whether this is Truth in Television varies between couples. Not to be confused with Single Object Sexuality or Object Sexuality in general.
open/close all folders
Anime & Manga
- Gui from ½ Prince has stated that he would like Prince no matter the gender or age. He's not homosexual, he's Prince-sexual.
- Shirai Kuroko from A Certain Scientific Railgun is obviously Onee-sama-sexual, she doesn't even look anywhere else! It might be more accurate to say that she's Misaka-sexual, since she also thought Mikoto's mother was a hottie. Let's just pray she never finds out about the thousands of clones... Even after having her memories of Mikoto removed her heart starts pounding and she begins blushing at the mere sight of her.
- Belldandy of Ah! My Goddess towards Keiichi. Especially applicable in that Keiichi was once gender-flipped into a woman, and Belldandy didn't care a whit (except caring in that Keichii himself was somewhat dismayed).
- Guy and Iason from Ai no Kusabi are this for Riki. However, Iason is quite literally Riki-sexual. All of the other Elites are Asexual except for him who develops lust and then love for Riki.
- The manga Ai Kora appears to be this series' main plot, as the main character Hachibei Maeda only finds attraction in women who have his "Ideal Parts". He shows no interest in women who do not have these parts.
- Naoi from Angel Beats! is obsessed with Otonashi.
- Aoi Hana: Akira had never had a crush on anyone before dating Fumi, and in the end she is never shown ever being attracted to anyone else.
- In Arakawa Under the Bridge, Official Couples Nino and Kou and Jacequliene and Billy only have eyes for each other. Also Sister is very much Maria-sexual.
- Axis Powers Hetalia:
- Sweden could be interpreted as either "Finnsexual" towards Finland or making an exception for him.
- Spain could, from an angle, be viewed as "Italiasexual". He's proposed to both of them, is extremely affectionate to Romano and thinks Veneziano is adorable, and yet doesn't show much of this to any other characters. Could be because he's not shown very often, or because not many of his relationships have been shown, but as of now it looks like this...
- Belarus is "Russia-sexual". So very much.
- One joke/explanation for Germany/Italy shippers is that the usually stoic Germany is Ita-sexual.
- Come on, you guys forgot that Holy Roman Empire is Ita-sexual? Some fans will tell you this doesn't count because of the Germany-is-HRE theory, making this a double-submisson. If I recall correctly:
Holy Roman Empire: No matter how many hundreds of years go by, I'll always love you more than anyone in the world!
- Kaorin from Azumanga Daioh has eyes only for the Huge Schoolgirl Sakaki.
- From all indications, Firo from Baccano! seems to be Ennis-sexual, despite the fact that she takes a long time to catch on. Though they're both immortal and have plenty of time, there's still something to be said for the fact that Firo waited fifty years for her to agree to marriage, and though they're now living together hasn't tried anything.
- Baka and Test: Summon the Beasts:
- Shouko is Yuji-sexual, and goes to completely ridiculous extremes to ensure that Yuji doesn't pay any attention to any girl but her.
- Kubo is Akihisa-sexual. Reinforced even further in one of the OVAs, where for once he's shown being attracted to a girl... who's actually Akihisa crossdressing. He then spends the rest of the OVA torn between Akihisa and Mystery-Girl-Who's-Also-Akihisa.
- In Bakuman。, Miho Azuki has never been interested in anyone other than her classmate Moritaka Mashiro, as she has been attracted to him since fourth grade.
- B Gata H Kei is filled with many characters who have this. Both Kosuda and Keiichi are Yamada-sexual, Kyoka is Keiichi-sexual, and Mayu (and eventually Yamada) is Kosuda-sexual.
- Guts of Berserk Hates Being Touched due to a very traumatic childhood experience and is never shown to have any sexual or romantic interest in anyone except Casca. In some translations he even says If It's You, It's Okay word-for-word.
- Luka from Betrayal Knows My Name is this way towards Yuki. The fact that the pretty girl he fell in love with is now reincarnated into a male body does nothing to discourage him in his unfailing loyalty and devotion.
- Kyo of Black Bird is a Misaosexual. After making an agreement to marry her when he was 8 and she was 5, he devoted the next ten years of his life to taking over his clan from his brother, an action leading to countless deaths, including his own mother's, because that was the only way to secure a marriage with her. He never once met Misao over those ten years and never once showed any interest in any other woman despite that. He has since married Misao and does not hide the fact that he really cares about nothing but her, being willing to see anyone die if it means he stays with her, even his entire clan. In turn, Misao is an entirely Kyosexual, who even after having all her memories of their childhood sealed away, was still in love with Kyo when she met him again.
- Black Butler: Agni is definitely a Soma-sexual, and Baron Kelvin for Ciel. He even leaves his wife after meeting Ciel.
- Soifon from Bleach has eyes only for her Yoruichi-sama.
- Orihime once said that if she were reincarnated five times and lived five different lives, she'd fall in love with Ichigo every time.
- Tomoyo in Cardcaptor Sakura is deemed "Sakura-sexual" by the fandom. Most characters in the series have more than one crush over its course (usually one of each gender) but Tomoyo only has eyes for Sakura.
- In Code Geass Mao is "C.C.-sexual". Even if he wasn't, his Geass would make it impossible to form a working relationship with anybody else.
- Misa from Death Note can be described as "Kira-sexual" or "Light-sexual". (Although if she had to choose one or the other, she'd choose Light.)
- Detective Conan:
- Conan Edogawa/Shinichi Kudo and Ran Mouri are like this to each other. Both are fairly popular with the opposite sex, but they only have eyes for one another. Even if they bicker when they're actually near each other.
- This trope turns out to be very important for one Ninzaburou Shiratori. He's been in love almost all of his life with a girl he met years ago: he chases after Sato because he thinks she's "the girl of destiny", but once he actually finds her in Kobayashi-sensei, he becomes sincerely and unconditionally devoted to her.
- Durarara!!'s Shinra is a very vocal Celty-sexual, claiming that, were she not to exist, he would probably be asexual. Celty, for her part, is worried that he might be Dullahan-sexual, and dreads another one showing up and stealing him away.
- Fairy Tail: Juvia is fiercely Gray-sexual, falling for him at first sight and doing a High Heel-Face Turn as a result.
- Kagura Sohma from Fruits Basket is disturbingly attached to her cousin Kyo, and tends to express her psycho-love through violence. Then she'll snap out of it and go ultra-dere before abruptly switching back to pummeling the poor guy. She extracted a Childhood Marriage Promise from him by threatening his life, for Pete's sake! Though she later realizes that her love for Kyo stemmed mainly from her belief that loving him would make up for her earlier horrible behavior towards him and willingly concedes him to Tohru, the mangaka herself says that a part of her will always love Kyo.
- Gauron for Sousuke in Full Metal Panic!. Especially noticeable when one considers that Gauron is a 40-50 year old, wealthy terrorist that has two incredibly loyal, beautiful girls at his beck and call (and that both love him obsessively). Yet his greatest sexual fantasies that he always wanted to satisfy always seem to be along the lines of "rape Sousuke." Yes, the only one he has eyes for is a 16-year-old, chaste boy that hates his guts and would like nothing more than to beat the shit out of him. Oh, and it doesn't matter if Sousuke is only 12 years old, or if he's fallen in love with someone else, or if he's a dead body - if it's Sousuke, it's all good to him.
- Subverted in the original novel, as his assistants in Owaru Day by Day, on which the Second Raid was based, were boys.
- Future Diary:
- Yuno is completely obsessed with Yukiteru. She wouldn't mind to hook up with the Yukiteru of an Alternate Timeline just because they are still Yukiteru.
- Also, in the Alternate Universe spin-off, Paradox, Akise Aru is shown to be "Yukiteru-sexual." Murumuru asks him if he's gay, to which he responds that he's not - he just loves Yukiteru.
- Randoll of Future GPX Cyber Formula is completely Asuka-sexual, and he doesn't show interest in anyone other than her. He does tries to flirt with Rena in the PlayStation game, due to being similar to Asuka (but ultimately fails).
- Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun's character bios lists what types of people they like. For Sakura, it reads "Nozaki." Indeed, Sakura possessed a Stalker with a Crush attitude with Nozaki in her backstory which did clear up after her Love Confession... The problem being Nozaki takes it to mean something else.
- In Get Backers, the Ax-Crazy Psycho for Hire Takuma Fudou can certainly be described as "Ban-sexual." He shows a lack of interest in anything non-Ban related, and any time he so much as senses Ban's presence, his "mind goes blank," he gets very excited and starts feeling a "throbbing desire." Countless times, he screams at Ban to "give his body to him" and "meet his desires." He also shows great resentment and jealousy towards Ginji (whom he claims he dislikes because Ban ignores him when Ginji is around), as well as Hevyn.
- In Gravitation Shuichi is Yuki sexual and Tatsuha is completely and utterly obsessed with Ryuichi. Whether it's faking illnesses or dressing up in an animal suit, Tatsuha will do anything to get Ryuichi. Unfortunately for Shuichi, if Tatsuha can't get his hands on Ryuichi he forces his UST upon Shuichi as Shuichi resembles Ryuichi.
- Haiyore! Nyarko-san has its title character, Nyarko. She fell head-over-heels Mahiro just by looking at a picture of him and attempts to get him into This and That in the hopes that they'll become a Happily Married couple...with enough kids to start their own soccer team.
- In Hana-Kimi, Nakao stated to Ashiya Mizuki that he wasn't actually gay, he just had a Single-Target Sexuality for Nanba Minami.
- Despite being in a harem manga, and clearly Genre Savvy about it, Miki of Hayate the Combat Butler has only shown interest in one person, Hinagiku. She's even gone so far as to tell the one who's the center of the (main) Harem, that she has no interest in him.
- On the other side of the wagon, Kotetsu (Izumi's older brother) has been shown to have no interest in anyone but Hayate. This may simply be that we haven't seen any interest being displayed beyond that in Hayate and trains.
- Tatsuya of Hekikai No Aion is Seine-sexual. Being the Nice Guy, he doesn't show any kind of attraction to any other girl who isn't Seine; and he has other options that he already knows love him, but still, his eyes are upon the kuudere Seine so much that he may cross the line and almost openly be a Lolicon for her 8-year-old form when he goes into her dreams of the past.
- Haruka from Honey Hunt is Yura sexual and so is Q-Ta possibly. Also, in chapter 21 Nanase outright admits to Yura that he's in love with Mizorogi and only Mizorogi.
- Kanu Unchou from Ikki Tousen is Gentoku-sexual, mainly noticeable due to her Flanderization in the anime.
- Bell of Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? only has eyes for Aiz. He is so enamored by her that he doesn't notice that he's gotten the harem he originally wanted.
- In the Boys Love Junjou Romantica, all the couples are like this in some shape or form, but the straightest example would be Shinobu, who remained in love with Miyagi even when the latter married (and later divorced) his sister and didn't let that, the age-gap, the fact that he works for his father, or even the fact that Miyagi still held a candle for his dead teacher stop him from trying to get him.
- Played for Laughs in Misaki's case, as he comes to the conclusion he had "Usami Pheromones" after accidentally attracting both of Akihiko's step-siblings and his father's attention.
- K 's Fushimi towards Misaki - to mega Yandere levels
- An even more specific variant of this trope appears in Kamen no Maid Guy, where the Leader of the Naeka's breasts fanclub only has eyes for her... or at least her chest. Strangely, Naeka finds this almost romantic. After he's put through Easy Amnesia (for the second time that episode), he reverts to normal, and his eyes are no longer on Naeka only.
- Natsuru Senou. Oh Natsuru, you practically drive the plot with the fact that despite having a harem of girls who love you and your crush is a Psycho Lesbian, you still remain Kaede-sexual.
- Here's another one: Asserts herself to win in a Love Dodecahedron she knows she might lose? Toys with Natsuru's emotions and thoughts? Likes Natsuru in either gender? Please welcome Shizuku Sangou!
- Yuuki from Kanamemo is Yume-sexual. She seems especially pleased at the idea that Yume, being born with a silver spoon in her mouth, would always be a kid, making it so that Yuuki would have to take care of her forever.
- Chikane from Kannazuki no Miko is "Himeko-sexual". Even after finding out her Meido is in love with her, Chikane has eyes only for Himeko, to the point of absolute creepiness.
- Chizuru from Kanokon is like this (Shotacon) for Kouta. It actually becomes in some ways rather disturbing, as Chizuru looks like a voluptuous young adult, but Kouta has a rather boyish appearance about him, so it's sexually inexplicit shotacon. It also frequently gets turned up to near Rape Is Love levels by Chizuru with elements of Double Standard: Rape, Female on Male thrown in.
- It runs in the Kokutou family in Kara no Kyoukai. Azaka is only interested in her brother Mikiya, which fuels her hatred of Shiki. Mikiya is also this way towards Shiki; when Azaka insults Shiki for acting like a man, Mikiya responds that it wouldn't matter to him if Shiki was a man, prompting Azaka to throw a book at his face.
- In Karakuridouji Ultimo, Rune toward Yamato, by way of Reincarnation Romance. As a result of his gender changing, he goes from being a heterosexual girl in the past to a homosexual boy in the present, but still longs for the same person.
- Gokudera of Katekyo Hitman Reborn! is Tsuna-sexual and Tsuna is Kyoko-sexual.
- Naruse from the yaoi manga Kawaii Akuma and its sequel is definitely Akiyoshi sexual.
- In Kimi ni Todoke, Sawako and Shota are both like this for each other.
- Ryuu seems to be one, since he says to Sawako that he "can only love Chizuru" and is a Patient Childhood Love Interest to her.
- In Koharu No Hibi Koharu is Akira-sexual. To Yandere Stalker with a Crush levels.
- Love Stage!!: Ryouma says as much here.
- Shougo trying to woo Rei for 10 years counts as well. He even states that every love song he sings is for him.
- Kagami from Lucky Star can be described as Konata-sexual after seeing her character song 100% nai nai nai, the OVA and the Pocket Travelers manga.
- Oscar in Lupin III: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine is all about Inspector Zenigata. Up to Yandere levels.
- While, unfortunately, due to the franchises history of No Hugging, No Kissing and lesbian hiding we have yet to see onscreen confirmation there are a few cases of this in Lyrical Nanoha.
- The most obvious character is Subaru "Rainbows are straighter then" Nakajima who only ever shows romantic interest in her pal Teana and frequently glomps and gropes her.
- We also have, to a slightly lesser extent, Fate T. Harlaown towards Nanoha. While it's arguably if Nanoha herself counts (after all she did show some Ship Tease moments with Yuuno in the first few season before he was chucked) Fate's feelings seem a lot more clear. She only ever seems to show any romantic signs to Nanoha (to the point that she's often flanderised into a full blown Psycho Lesbian in some omakes) and, according to Word of Gay, eventually ended up in a relationship with her off-screen.
- Judar from Magi – Labyrinth of Magic is obsessed with Sinbad to the point that he threatened (and then attempted) to destroy his entire kingdom in a bid to get him to switch sides. He also talks about wanting to "make [Sinbad] mine".
- Yukino and Haruka in Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome seem to be this way for each other (depending on the adaptation; in the original Mai-HiME, it's one-sided on Yukino's part), although Yukino's bookishness and Haruka's bullheadedness make their emotions hard to read.
- In the same series, since Mikoto has No Social Skills, it's very hard to pin down the object of her affection (if she even has one), but given her protective nature toward the protagonist, she can best be described as "Mai-sexual" (pun intended).
- Potentially Natsuki toward Shizuru, as Natsuki's interest in her and main reason for considering her the most important person in her life is her reaching out to her when she couldn't trust anyone. In HiME, conversely, Shizuru is very clearly interested in Natsuki to the exclusion of anyone or anything else.
- Usui Takumi in Maid-Sama! seems thus far to be terminally Misaki-sexual. Not only is he notorious for turning girls down at the beginning of the series, once Misaki piques his interest he doesn't seem to have more than a passing interest in other people at all except so far as how they relate to Misaki.
- Flirty Stepsiblings Yuu and Miki from Marmalade Boy are respectively Miki-sexual and Yuu-sexual.
- Mawaru-Penguindrum: Tabuki and Yuri Loved Momoka. A Lot. Both created a false relationship for the sake of said love and Yuri even tried to rape Ringo simply because she was her sister .
- Medaka Box: Besides Rule of Funny, Zenkichi Hitoyoshi has been Medaka-sexual for nearly his entire life. And she has been in love with him for just as long. In an interesting twist on this scenario, despite them both being cognizant of each others feelings (after some inevitable dancing around), Medaka has tried to get with Zenkichi twice and he has turned her down both times (the second time was just poor timing on her part really, he would have said yes had she asked even 6 months earlier by his own admission). Their attraction and loyalty to one another is so strong that in the end, despite the rejections, the shoddy timing on either part, the fights, even dying (temporarily) they kept right on waiting for one another, never even seriously considering having a different significant other, for a bit over 25 years before getting together. Now that's dedication.
- Haru from My Little Monster loves Shizuku, a lot. Even when that love was hard to pin point and had another person have a crush on him. And nothing will get in the way of being with Shizuku, not even his friend.
- Throughout the entire manga (and even more so in the anime), Hinata Hyuga only ever loves Naruto Uzumaki. Her drive to get stronger and improve herself primarily stems from her desire to always be by his side. This works out for her, as she ends up marrying him in the end.
- Similarly, Karin, Sasuke Uchiha's second female teammate, is shown to be entirely Sasuke-sexual. Unlike the above example, though, Karin does not end up with him, since Sasuke marries Sakura, his first female teammate, instead.
- Obito Uchiha only ever loves his teammate, Rin Nohara, even though she loves their other teammate Kakashi; after her death, he becomes a victim of Love Makes You Crazy.
- In spite of all the Ship Tease she had with Naruto, Sakura only ever had eyes for Sasuke. She ends up marrying him and bearing his child.
- Yuki, who is a M-t-F transsexual, in No Bra doesn't seem to have any sexual interest in girls and has flat out said she doesn't like boys in that way. In her own words, "It's not that I like boys. It's only because the only person I love is a boy." She's in love with her childhood friend, Masato, and seems to be physically attracted to him.
- At the end of the manga, she momentarily seems to switch from Masato to her actual childhood friend.
- Boa Hancock from One Piece despises all men and is indifferent to most women; however, when it comes to Luffy, she has made it explicitly clear that no matter what the circumstances, even if he was the son of demons, she'd still love him.
- Suzu in Peacemaker Kurogane started out as Yoshida-sexual (his master), but after he went crazy and gay, he became a raging Tetsunosuke-sexual.
- From Pokemon Special, most fans generally agree that Yellow is canonically Red-sexual. The Pokémon Fan Club President, though not speaking of romantic manners, at one point wonders, "Is Red all this kid thinks about?"
- Same thing with Ruby and Sapphire. They had fallen in love when they were kids, and changed their personalities for each other. When they remeet and manage to not recognize each other, they end up falling in love with each other all over again. Not even Team Magma Admin Courtney's apparent interest in Ruby could tear his eyes away from Sapphire.
- The anime version Sasame from Pretear is a bit of a flirt, but when it comes right down to it he's Takako-sexual. After falling in love with her and failing to tell her before she became the Princess of Disaster, he pined after her for 16 years and eventually abandoned his friends and everything he believed in for the chance to be by her side. The manga version of Sasame is described as a "playboy" however.
- Rue of Princess Tutu loves only her boyfriend Mytho, and flat-out states as such. It doesn't matter to her whether he's an emotionless doll , has had his heart corrupted by raven's blood, turned into a monster as a result of said corruption, or his true self.
- Prunus Girl: Aikawa is the only person who ever gets a reaction out of Maki, who is otherwise completely uninterested in "girls". He "deals with" one love letter off-page, thinking that ever since starting high school *cough* those letters failed to get him worked up, and obliviously brushes aside the last attempts of another girl to get his attention.
- Puella Magi Madoka Magica: The fanbase has almost universally decreed that Homura is Madokasexual...and some often depict Madoka as being Homusexual.
- In the Spin-Off Manga Puella Magi Oriko Magica, Kirika adores Oriko to the point that she refuses to associate with anything that isn't related to or that is disliked by Oriko, will murder people she considers saviors if Oriko wants her to, and states that her wish as a Magical Girl was specifically to become the love of Oriko's life. Even when she becomes a Witch due to an injury, she controls her transformation in order to send Oriko's enemies into despair and kill them, and as a Witch continues to recognize and treat Oriko affectionately.
- Puella Magi Kazumi Magica: The Pleiades Saints loved Kazusa Michiru to the point that they made 13 clones of her (Including Kazumi) from her Witch's corpse. A straighter example is Mirai Wakaba, whose feelings towards Saki can get pretty possessive - though Saki herself seemed to be far closer to Michiru.
- Interestingly, while most witches are mindlessly destructive, the witches created from Saki, Mirai, and Kirika were still able to recognize their former lovers.
- Chinese Amazon Shampoo of Ranma ½ could conceivably be dubbed a "Ranma-sexual". She has absolutely no qualms whatsoever over embracing, dating or otherwise being affectionate towards her reluctant Gender Bender fiancee no matter what form he's in, despite the fact that she canonically called Akane a pervert whilst insinuating that Akane was really a lesbian in love with Ranma's cursed form. She displays no interest in any other man, even men who manage to prove themselves as being stronger than Ranma.
- Tsukune of Rosario + Vampire is Moka sexual. And Kurumi and Mizore are both Tsukune sexual.
- Andre Grandier of Rose of Versailles loves Oscar and nobody else. Likewise, Rosalie is also this towards Oscar, although she hooks up with Bernard at the end of the series, but still has some longing for Oscar.
- Implied to be the case with Yahiko toward Tsubame in Rurouni Kenshin after his feelings grow from a crush to something more. Outright stated in the second extra chapter after the end of the manga where Kaoru sends Yahiko on a month-long mission teaching at a friend's dojo while the owner was away. Said owner, concerned about leaving his very pretty daughter alone with his male students, asked Kaoru for help. The reason she sent Yahiko was because she knew Tsubame was the only girl for him and that he wouldn't even think about any other girl, much less do anything untoward. She even says this right out to Yahiko, much to his sputtering embarrassment. As expected, he shows no attraction for the daughter and, upon his return, immediately heads off to see Tsubame with Kaoru again restating her previous observation.
- Pretty strongly implied with Misao toward Aoshi. She's loved him (one way or another) since her early childhood and is still very focused on him even in the manga's final arc. Of the series's four female protagonists, Misao alone never expresses interest in Kenshin (though she admits that Enishi is "finer of face than she expected" in the Jinchuu arc).
- It could be easily argued that Harima Kenji from School Rumble is "100% Tenma-sexual" because despite the fact that babes like the Hot School Nurse Anegasaki Tae, the traditional Japanese girl Tsukamoto Yakumo and the rich, beautiful, somewhat temperamental half-Japanese Sawachika Eri all showing degrees of interest in him, he still only has eyes for Tenma, who unfortunately for him is very much a "100% Karasuma-sexual".
- Chizuru in Seitokai no Ichizon claims this when asked about the kind of person she likes: Kurimu and only Kurimu.
- In Sensual Phrase, both Sakuya and Aine are like this for each other, though Sakuya is more extreme about it.* Sgt. Frog:
- Momoka is clearly Fuyuki-sexual; when she thinks that he's been turned into a girl (it's actually his mother aged down by Kululu, long story), she's completely okay with it.
- Tamama could also be said to be Keroro-sexual.
- Giroro and Koyuki are both Natsumi-sexual. More prominent in the manga with Koyuki, though.
- Silver Diamond 's Chigusa will forever be Rakan-sexual. (And considering he's immortal, that is very literal.)
- Soul Eater: Gopher is Noah-sexual with a Yandere streak a mile wide.
- And Soul's attraction to Maka takes the cake, what with Soul dismissing any and all girls that wish to be partners with him even after becoming a Death Scythe and not technically needing Maka anymore. It even reaches a point where he manages to fight off his insanity without Maka's help for her.
- In Steel Angel Kurumi 2, Uruka and Kurumi are Nako-sexual.
- This is a result of the Steel Angel's design. She is programmed to love whomever awakens her. Male, female, who cares? Whomever awakens her is her only love.
- Strawberry Shake Sweet: Julia. Not only does she have eyes for no one other than Ran, but she doesn't even recognize her own feelings at first, indicating that she's never been in love before.
- Suzuka: Yamato even when in other relationships, is obsessed with her. In the manga, he turns down other women who are interested in him, and flat out refuses sex because of his obsession.
- Delinquent Dojima from Tokimeki Memorial ~Only Love~ is obsessively fixated on Sayuri Amamiya, though more than willing to help protagonist Riku find his true love with her.
- To Love-Ru:
- Souichi from The Tyrant Falls in Love is most likely "Morinaga-sexual," despite being utterly in denial about it; he states on more than one occasion that he puts up with Morinaga's sexual advances because he's Morinaga, and that not even blackmail will make him tolerate having sex with anyone else (and yet he manages to overlook the painfully obvious implications of this...). Admittedly, Souichi is a rabid homophobe, which would make him heterosexual by default and his relationship with Morinaga more of an If It's You, It's Okay situation...if any sign was shown of him being interested in anyone else, male or female, much less having any friend other than Morinaga.
- Fandom has described Subaru in X1999 and Tokyo Babylon as "Seishirou-sexual" and vice versa, though it's pretty common for CLAMP characters to pick one person and stay with him or her for their entire life.
- Robot example: Mirage of Transformers Energon. He outright moons over Galvatron to the bemusement of his comrades and at one point transformers and pirouettes while surrounded by a glowing pink heart.◊ At the end of the series. he dives into the sun to follow Galvatron, presumably to his death.
- The original Japanese version is much more blatant with this, while the English version tries to make it seem more like passionate loyalty. It doesn't work.
- Lum of Urusei Yatsura is Ataru-sexual, having eyes for only her "Darling" in spite of him being the biggest lech in the galaxy and constantly running away from her to hit on other girls, and every single other male around her age being enamored with her.
- Illsaide from Vampire Game seems very much to be this way towards Ci Xeneth's princess Falan, even after it's discovered that he's her half-brother via her father Jened and the Lord of the Sea's daughter, making him half sea monster as well.
- However, Illsaide shows some attraction towards Duzzel in his Ishtar form for a little while. Even going as far as kissing Duzzel.
- Possibly Chiba from Wandering Son. In the several years from 5th grade to high school she has shown no signs of liking anyone but the protagonist, whom she likes no matter his gender (though she seems to prefer him as a boy).
- Watanuki in XXX Holic has this for Himawari. That mixed with a healthy dose of being utterly oblivious to love means he's never even considered looking at anyone else.
- Of course, the target switches later to Yuuko, but it's just as strong. If not stronger judging by the fact that as of 100+ years of waiting for her, he seems just as devoted.
- Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito has a debatable case of this with Hazuki. It's pretty clear she's a lesbian, but the only one she has eyes for is her adoptive older sister and best friend Hatsumi, to the point that she automatically trashes a gift given to her by an akogare-ing classmate within 5 minutes of the start of the first episode.
- Manabu Tanaka and Reina Ryuuzaki from Yandere Kanojo are a Single Target Couple beyond question.
- Itsuki from YuYu Hakusho is "Sensui-sexual". He even loves all of Sensui's personalities, no matter how vile. His official favorite is Shinobu, the original one, although Naru - a young girl who is naive and innocent - comes in second. It's worth pointing out that Itsuki's manga version talks about how he started hanging around young Sensui because he knew the other would break eventually and he loves to see pure things shattered.
- "Like a little girl who thinks babies come from storks growing up to star in porno films. I love that kind of thing."
- In Zetsuai 1989, Nanjo Koji is Izumi-sexual, having fallen in love with him at first sight and Izumi being the only person he ever felt emotion for. When they coincidentally meet again years later, Koji all but stalks Izumi and declares to another prospective love interest that even if said love interest was Izumi's twin, he would still love only Izumi.
- When a girl who had a crush on Izumi found out about his relationship with Koji, she expressed strong disgust. Koji, who overheard her, told her that he isn't gay, he has no interest in other man. He only loves Izumi and would love him in any form - as a woman, as a tree or as a machine, he would find him and love him.
- Zetsuen no Tempest Entire plot revolves around Yoshino and Mahiro trying to save the world so they can learn who killed Aika - Yoshino's girlfriend (whose picture he still kept in his cellphone and chose to remain her boyfriend even after the fact) and Mahiro's step-sister (Who he was ready to avenge even if it meant the world ending and pulling a Face-Heel Turn)
- Katchoo in Strangers in Paradise only has eyes for Francine. Period. Oh, sure, she has a history of wild promiscuity covering men and women, and another history of a slightly less amusing nature, but when it comes right down to it Francine has always been the only one for her. David grows to accept this and, eventually, so does Francine. The entire series is a lead up to the realization that, for these two people, they are simply meant to be together.
- In Camelot 3000, when Sir Tristan is reincarnated as Lady Tristan, it causes her considerable distress and confusion. But Isolde (reincarnated as a woman, as in her first life) has no confusion at all. She's in love with Tristan, regardless of Tristan's sex.
- Mr. Gosh from Lenore the Cute Little Dead Girl is Lenore-sexual.
- Knives Chau from "Scott Pilgrim" is a self-proclaimed "Scott-a-holic" and only (briefly) dates Young Neil because he looks like Scott. She eventually gets past that with time, accepting that it's Ramona that Scott prefers.
- In Runaways, Chase Stein only ever shows interest in Gertrude York. As in, to the point where he was very upset with Perky Goth Nico kissing him after saving them both from a death situation, crying openly when Gertrude dumps him, and planning to sacrifice himself from reality to bring her back. Gert herself only has eyes for Chase, even though he worries that she'll find the more intelligent Vic to be more attractive.
- Platinum of the Metal Men, in her attraction to her creator Doc Magnus. She's not into other robots, or even any other men. This is in contrast with the rest of the team (besides Tin), who seem to be asexual.
- Many slash fics use this trope on characters who may have canonically been hetero/homo/bisexual. For example, "He's not gay, he's Sirius-sexual."
- This is prevalent in TOS-verse Kirk/Spock slashfic, in that Spock was not a sexual being outside Pon Farr except where Kirk was concerned. Actually, the same could be said for Spock/McCoy fanfic as well.
- A lot of South Park fanfics portray Kyle as being Stan-o-sexual. Yes, really.
- Axis Powers Hetalia fans sometimes dub America as "Iggysexual" towards England and vice versa, mainly because they're a very popular Fan-Preferred Couple (and it not being that hard to see America as being Tsundere for England only); ditto with Romano as "Spain-sexual". Japan is also sometimes depicted as being "Greece-sexual" with Greece as the only nation he can overcome his emotional reservedness and intimacy issues with.
- Fans of Austria, Hungary, and/or Prussia have a lot of fun with this one. Depending on shipping preferences, Hungary and Prussia have always loved each other and her marriage to Austria was a loveless political union, Hungary and Austria only love each other, even after their divorce, or even Austria and Prussia only have eyes for each other. Plenty of fans just avoid the issue by saying that Prussia/Austria/Hungary are only interested in each other, going for a OT3.
- Subaru is described by Nove as "Teana-sexual" in Relationships Series, and her older sister Ginga asks if she'd be attracted to Teana even if she were male.
- In the Naruto fanfic The Girl From Whirlpool, Minato Namikaze seems to be this way when it comes to Kushina Uzimaki.
- A couple of this author's stories take this trope to a ludicrous extreme, whereby every single character in the story appears to have Single-Target Sexuality for... whoever the main character is. Even the Pokemon!
- This Scream fanfic as an OC that seems to be Charlie sexual. Early on, it's hinted he's the only person to stir her....that way. She's seventeen at the time. Later on, when she starts dating someone else he does nothing for her and she's still stuck on her friend. Yeah, it's weird
- In Armored Core: from the Ashes, Fiona Jarnetfeld is HOLY SHIT this for Ghost. Made all the creepier because he doesn't love her back, and that he MindRaped her into serving him as a ruthless member of his elite guard and her psychopathic love for him is the only remaining aspect of her personality. Yeah. In case you weren't clear, the person who MindRaped her into serving him happens to be protagonist. Can you spell Crapsack World?
- Many, MANY Sherlock/John fanfictions from the BBC show's fandom have this implied or used in their works. Sherlock is generally regarded as asexual, unless it's John, so, "John-sexual." John is generally heterosexual, unless it's Sherlock, so, "Sherlock-sexual."
- Megamind fanfiction is rather split about this. One one side, the titular Anti-Villain is paired with practically every other major character, and then some. Then, on the other side, many fanfics portray him as Roxanne-sexual. At least one or two fanfics have his species mate for life.
- Whether or not Koizumi Itsuki fits this trope depends on the chapter of You Got HaruhiRolled! you are reading. Most of the time, he shows attraction to Kyon, and in one chapter explicitly calls himself Kyonsexual, in other chapters he exhibits his Abridged Series characterization, where he is equally shamelessly a Lolicon. Further confusing matters is that in one Spin-Off chapter he does an entire song-and-dance routine about being straight all along. Far less ambiguous is Kyouko's lesbian crush on Sasaki, which has held for all chapters, except possibly for a gag in the court case arc where she states that she is not a virgin.
- In the Hunger Games fanfiction Some Semblance of Meaning, Obsidian seems to only have an interest in Vale. He doesn't even respond to his district partner Amber's advances, except with disgust—and apparently, she's quite attractive. Also, after Vale's death , Obsidian seems to try and make himself fall for Vale's sister Maybelle, but it's obvious—to her and everyone else—that he is still hung up on Vale.
- Sherlock and Beth Holmes in Children of Time. Sherlock is Beth's First Love, and, though she admires other men (like Jeremy Brett), Sherlock remains her only serious attraction. Sherlock, on the other hand, falls in love with Beth long before he realizes it, and eventually tells her (during their honeymoon) that he would never have given romance much thought if she hadn't entered his life.
- Demon Spawns Series: Corey is only in love with childhood friend Laney. After all, she was the only person his age who saved him from some local bullies.
- The Monsters University fanfic Born To Please has Chet Alexander becoming obsessed over Johnny Worthington, though it takes a while for the former to realize his true feelings for the latter.
- Twilight Sparkle has her sights set on Trixie and nopony else in To Romance a Magician. Before she realized her attraction, she believed that her lack of reaction to other ponies was just due to her having a lot of self-control and being able to put it out of her mind. No such luck with Trixie.
- The execrable Batman & Robin did get one thing right—Victor Fries loves Nora, and only Nora.
- Edward Bloom of Big Fish for his wife. As the Unlucky Childhood Friend says of him: "For Edward, there are only two women in the world. His wife, and everybody else."
- In Elektra Luxx, Holly invokes this trope as she declares her love for Bambi.
- Forrest Gump never seems to notice any women other than Jenny, from when he was a kid.
- In Good Will Hunting, Sean Maguire experiences this with his deceased wife.
Will: You ever think about gettin' remarried?Sean: My wife's dead.Will: Hence the word: remarried.Sean: She's dead.
- How to Train Your Dragon and How to Train Your Dragon 2:
- Hiccup and Astrid towards each other. It's established at the very beginning of the first film that Hiccup has liked her for a while, and while Astrid was initially not interested in anyone at all (and was equally aloof towards all of her classmates), Hiccup succeeds in winning her over by the end of the movie. By the time of the second movie (five years later), they've obviously been together for a long time, and are just as much in love as ever.
- Stoick and Valka (Hiccup's parents) from the sequel count as well. Even after Valka was abducted by dragons twenty years previously, Stoick still always loved her and never showed even the slightest interest in remarrying. Valka, for her part, lived away from all humans for those twenty years. When she and Stoick meet again, they pick up their relationship from where they left off, much to Hiccup's delight. Too bad it doesn't last....
- Paulie professes to have love only for Tori in Lost and Delirious. It's debatable whether this is really an accurate description of her sexuality, or just her acting out her histrionic, melodramatic personality.
Paulie: You think I'm a LESBIAN?Mary: You're a girl in love with a girl, aren't you?Paulie: No! I'm PAULIE in love with TORI. Remember? And Tori, she is, she IS in love with me because she is mine and I am hers and neither of us are LESBIANS!
- Played with in Predestination, where the only person our hero ever loves is his/her time-traveling self.
- Knives from "Scott Pilgrimvs The World", is obsessed with Scott immediately upon dating him, as well as after, a trait she shares with her comic counterpart.
- Jamal from Slumdog Millionaire spends years looking for Latika after they are separated as children.
- Peter Parker in Sam Raimi's Spider-Man Trilogy. While the Peter Parker of the comics has had relationships with several women, in the film version he's stated to have had a crush on Mary Jane since early grade school and never showed interest in anyone else. Even the time he went on a date with gorgeous Gwen Stacy was to make MJ jealous and he was under a corrupting alien influence at the time.
- Anakin from Star Wars was in love with Padmé since he was nine, and his love never weakened, even though they didn't meet for ten years after The Phantom Menace. Even as Darth Vader, he never showed interest in any other people (though that's probably largely because he was so focused on being Darth Vader.)
- Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street:
- Mrs. Lovett is Benjaminsexual, even when he becomes Sweeney, and when they were both married to different people.
- Sweeney is Lucysexual. He escapes from prison to find her again and, upon learning she drank poison, sets about killing Judge Turpin to avenge her memory. And when he finds out that he accidentally killed her, he willingly lets Toby slit his throat.
- The Book of Life:
"And look closely: she has the Sanchez curl next to her eyes. She only has eyes for Manolo." – Jorge Gutierrez from The Art of the Book of Life.
- "I Will Wait For You", basically describes how Manolo will wait for Maria.
- Maria towards Manolo.
"His flames burn green with envy. The only red in his design is in his skull-shaped irises, because he only has eyes for La Muerte."
- Like Manolo, Joaquin has only had eyes for Maria.
- Xibalba and La Muerte only have eyes for each other.
"Her dress is red because it represents love, passion, and life. The only blue in her design is in her eyes, because she only has eyes for Xibalba."
- Can be magically induced by the pansy in Were the World Mine, as in the famed Shakespearean play that inspired the story.
- A Prayer for Owen Meany: Johnny was this to Owen. After Owen's death, it pretty much took the fight out of Johnny, and by the end of the book, Johnny has never been with anyone physically. Even in his forties.
- The Lovely Bones: Lindsay and Samuel are this to each other.
- In Flowers for Algernon, when all of Charlie's sexual experiences are passionless, confusing, or painful until he has sex with Alice Kinnian, the only woman he's truly loved.
- Edward Cullen, despite having lived for over 100 years as a teenage vampire at the age when males should be at their most sexually curious, has never been interested in any girls. Then he meets Bella, gets a whiff of the delicious scent of her blood, and becomes a committed Bella-sexual.
- Jacob Black, who follows Bella around and remains in love with her no matter how many times she tries to let him down or how married she might become. He insists to Bella that he will never imprint on anyone because he never even sees anyone but her. Jacob even drives around town trying to interest himself in other girls but it does not work. Switched up later, with the birth of Renesmee, when he imprints on here, and becomes Renesmee-sexual instead of Bella-sexual. There's some implication that Jacob had in fact always been Renesmee-sexual, and had in fact imprinted on her before she was born but thought he had imprinted on Bella.
- Bella, being mostly Edward-sexual with a little side of Jacob-sexual. There's no indication that she was ever interested in anyone before moving to Forks.
- This is taken to ridiculous extremes with Alice, who becomes Jasper-sexual after having a vision of him, years before she even met him.
- The entire concept of imprinting centers around a werewolf becoming utterly devoted to a single woman, speculated to be the one best suited to having his children.
- In Lois McMaster Bujold's Barrayar books, Aral Vorkosigan is an interesting variation: he's attracted to other men — and to Cordelia, the woman he loves. Got lampshaded in Barrayar, even.
- Vordarian: He's bisexual, you know.Cordelia: Was bisexual. Now he's monogamous.
- A Song of Ice and Fire:
- Jaime Lannister has, according to him and to the best knowledge of the reader, only ever loved/had sex with his twin sister Cersei, to the point where he's disturbed when he experiences attraction to another woman (though less so, the more disillusioned with Cersei he becomes). While Cersei isn't nearly so faithful (to quote Tyrion, "No one can say that my sister does not love her family."), her lovers are all chosen either because they resemble Jaime or to advance her political aims. She's never shown actually enjoying sex with anyone other than Jaime and presumably Lancel, his near-Identical Cousin.
- Since childhood, Petyr "Littlefinger" Baelish has been infatuated with Catelyn Stark, and it's heavily implied that her rejection drove him to insanity (he kicks off a brutal civil war just because he couldn't have her for himself). Even after her death he is still unable to get over her and has transferred his feelings onto Cat's daughter, Sansa.
- Chronicles of the Kencyrath: The heroine Jame and her twin brother Tori only seem to get sexual feelings for each other, though it's only gone as far as shared highly sexual dreams and one kiss. (Word of God says it's going to go a lot further than that.)
- Harry Potter:
- Severus Snape has never gotten over his devotion to his childhood friend Lily Evans, even decades after she assured him that she loathed him.
- Similarly, the only person Albus Dumbledore ever loved was Gellert Grindelwald.
- Ginny is a mild example of the trope. Late in the series, she admits that she started to date Michael Corner largely to get over Harry, who at the time was not romantically interested in her but in Cho Chang. Before Harry finally sees the light, she also dates Dean Thomas. But from the time she first saw Harry when he was eleven and she was ten, he was always first in her affections.
- James Potter never shows interest in anyone but Lily, eventually becoming a better person to win her love.
- The Great Gatsby centers around Gatsby's unending pursuit for Daisy and no one else. The term "Gatsby" has even come to describe real people who have Single Target Sexuality.
- Orlando by Virginia Woolf demonstrates in passing that this is not a good thing for an Abhorrent Admirer to have, as even a Gender Bender fails to get rid of him.
- Justine in The Dresden Files is Thomas-sexual. However, this is originally less about love and more about the fact that an Emotion Eater is about the only thing that can keep her mental illness under control. And while they finally admit they're in love later ... well, Thomas is a White Court vampire, so The Power of Love burns him. Ouch, Star-Crossed Lovers. Although Justine eventually realizes her Thomas-sexuality can be used a solution to that particular issue.
Susan: I said she was in love. Not dead.
- The trope is discussed and subverted in Changes. In response to Susan's assertion that Molly is (still) in love with him, Harry argues that he's seen her date other people.
- In the Codex Alera series, the extremely attractive and strong Marat woman Kitai is Tavi-sexual. Justified because the Marat form deep pair-bonds with an animal, and she bonded with Tavi by mistake. In fact, this was Played for Laughs when Kitai was initially annoyed and said "I wanted a horse."
- In the Incarnations of Immortality novel Being A Green Mother, a succubus chooses to focus her intense sexual drives on one member of a particular rock band. This is aided by unique properties of the magical Jonah's Whale (yes, that Jonah and that whale).
- Locke Lamora from Scott Lynch's Gentleman Bastard series is so in love with Sabetha that he's unable to perform with anyone else, even a hooker he specifically selected because she looked like her.
"Some men want any redhead in general, and some want one redhead in particular. Those who want a redhead in general have their fun and go their way. But you ... you want one redhead in particular. And I'm not her."
- In the Charles de Lint novel, Memory and Dream, the deceased Kathy describes herself as not being gay or straight, she doesn't love anyone else, just her best friend (and protagonist) Isabelle...who is, if not precisely homophobic, definitely very straight.
- Alec in Lynn Flewelling's Nightrunners - he has quite a narrowed taste. Before he and Seregil achieve the Official Couple level he sleeps only with women (one precisely) who remind him of Seregil. If you're not dark brunette, slender and blessed with a face that at least vaguely resembles Seregil you either stand no chance - or you need magic to get into Alec's pants.
- Peeta Mellark from The Hunger Games is Katniss-sexual. He fell in love with her when he was just 5 years old and heard her singing - at that moment he "knew he was a goner." He presumably went on to love her for the rest of his life (in the epilogue they were married and had two children) even overcoming the fact that he was tortured and brain-washed to hate her by the Capitol while captured. Subverted later on. He tells Katniss that he noticed a lot of other girls but none of them made the same impression as she did. He also seems to be somewhat attracted to Johanna Mason.
- Katniss herself can be considered Peeta-sexual. He's not the only boy she ever kisses but he is the only one she describes any attraction to and only his kisses make her feel something. She's around eighteen years old when they become a couple and she spends the rest of her life with him.
- Derek of the web-novel Domina only has eyes for his childhood friend Lizzy—despite all the other girls who are interested in him, including Akane.
- Vlad Tepes' feelings for Elizabeth Bathory in Count and Countess.
- The Kantri of Tales of Kolmar tend to be like this since they mate for life. One fell in love with a human despite the species barrier, and although he'd have been happy to see her as another Kantri, he found her beautiful despite the strange form. Conveniently he ends up human. In a later book Will is sought after by many women, but finds this annoying and only has eyes for Aral.
- Nawat from Tamora Pierce's Daughter of the Lioness books is Alysexual, possibly because he's actually a crow who was turned into a human and real crows mate for life.
- Lifebonded couples in Mercedes Lackey's Heralds of Valdemar books are a variation of this. They may have been with others before they find their lifebonded, but afterwards they are definitely single target sexual. Additionally, any previous lovers are usually dismissed as casual sex/ pretty meaningless.
Stefan to Vanyel: "All - all I can tell you is that I think I'd love you if you were a hundred years older than me, or a deformed monster, or - or even a woman."
- Vanyel is definitely this trope. Until Stefen shows up, his One True Love has always been Tylendel, his deceased first lover. In the intervening twenty or so years between Magic's Pawn and Magic's Price, the books indicate he's had only a handful of lovers - several of which were women who wanted to get pregnant but for whatever reason couldn't (One of whom was the Queen. The King was sterile.) It's heavily implied that Stefen was the reincarnation of Tylendel. Vanyel is so 'Lendel-sexual that he only falls in love again when the object of his attraction is reincarnated. That's dedication.
- Darryl of Heart In Hand is Alex-sexual: not only did he never have any sexual interest in anyone until he ended up sleeping with his hockey rival on a regular basis, but he confirms through an experiment that he literally can't get it up to the thought of anyone - female or male - other than Alex.
- In Across The Universe, Harley only ever loved his girlfriend, Kayleigh. He took her alleged suicide very badly, staying up all night to madly paint, and likes Amy so much because her red hair reminds him of koi (Kayleigh's favorite type of fish). Elder also becomes Amy-sexual, fascinated by her exotic appearance and free personality, which is unlike nearly everyone on the ship.
- Anastasia Steele from Fifty Shades of Grey is entirely Christian Grey-sexual. At the age of 21, she never had attractions to men before meeting him and is not interested in other men. She has never even touched her body for her own pleasure and, in Fifty Shades Freed, has to be taught by Grey how to do so.
- This is the universal orientation of every Elf in J.R.R.Tolkien's works. They love once and for life. With one exception: there is exactly one elf who is more than one person-sexual, and it's only allowed because his first wife died.
- In the Malazan book Memories of Ice Detoran is Hedge-sexual. She does drag someone else into the bushes at one point but it's implied to be out of frustration because Hedge keeps running away from her affections; said affections being that she's in the habit of beating Hedge senseless and THEN dragging him into the bushes.
- And Detoran herself if the sole target of a rogue bhederin (a kind of bison in the Malazanverse) bull's affections. It's played for laughs.
- And in the later books we get Urb, who is strictly Hellian-sexual, though Hellian in turn is too busy getting, and staying, drunk to notice.
- There's also Badan Gruk in Reaper's Gale, who only has eyes for Sinter.
- A more prominent example within the series is Trull Sengar, who never exhibits any inclination for anyone until meeting Seren Pedac in Midnight Tides. It's so obvious everyone except himself knows immediately.
- In the Darkover series Danilo Syrtis is this way towards Regis Hastur. As the heir to his domain, Regis does have to marry a woman and have children. Danilo and Regis's wife work out a Regis-sharing arrangement.
- Alec Lightwood from The Mortal Instruments,towards Jace, or so he thinks anyway. Once he begins dating Magnus Bane he starts coming to terms with the fact that he really is gay. Jace puts the final nail in the coffin by confronting Alec, telling him that he was only infatuated with Jace because it was a "safe", guaranteed unrequited love that he could use as an excuse to avoid other relationships. He proves the point by demanding that Alec kiss him, which Alec cannot bring himself to do.
- Arrin is only interested in his ex-lover Malya despite fifteen years of absence in The Blood War Trilogy. Then again, Everything Is Better With Princesses.
- In The Watchmaker Of Filigree Street Mori only shows interest in Thaniel, and has been waiting to meet him for at least ten years.
- Sam and Grace from Wolves of Mercy Falls Series only have eyes for each other.
- Bohun in Sienkiewicz Trilogy, when (rhetorically) asked whether Helena, who loaths him, is the only girl in the world, answers that yes, she is.
Live Action TV
- Although he once speaks of having had other girlfriends, Ned from Pushing Daisies only has eyes for Chuck, at one point telling her plainly that she's the only one for him. It's even lampshaded in "Smell of Success":
Emerson: Hell, before dead girl came along I didn't know what you liked or if you liked or if you had anything to like with. For all I know you could've been one of those people who was born with both but didn't use either.
- Dick Solomon of 3rd Rock from the Sun seems to be "Mary-sexual". Subverted in the third season when they broke up and he noticed other women for the first time.
- This is actually more of an aversion of this trope. From the beginning Dick was deeply interested in Mary, but any time they're not actually a couple he displays physical attraction to other women. There's also a period where he's having fantasies about Nina (and stupidly discusses it with Mary and Nina). However, he's only ever been in love with Mary and the few relationships and attractions he's had to other women have never been as powerful or important to him as her.
- Ianto Jones from Torchwood seems only capable of having infatuation with one person at time, which (might?) explain why he doesn't actually consider himself bisexual.
Ianto: It's not men. It's just him. It's only him.
- Oz's Chris Keller is very much Beecher-sexual.
- As far as Hal from Malcolm in the Middle is concerned, his wife Lois is the only woman on the planet.
- Mel from Flight of the Conchords is double target-sexual to the titular band.
- If you meet Mango from Saturday Night Live you will probably become a raging Mangosexual.
- On 'Allo 'Allo!, Lieutenant Gruber embodies this trope towards René, to the point that even when René is disguised for resistance activities, Gruber still finds himself immediately drawn to him. Even when René was disguised as a woman, the presumably gay lieutenant felt compelled to ask "her" to dance.
- Harper, from Wizards of Waverly Place is Justin-sexual. Justin-sexual-obsessed, actually.
- Except not, she's now with Zeke, and her Justin-sexual behavior has toned down greatly.
- Willow from Buffy the Vampire Slayer, a lesbian, comments that she didn't first discover herself attracted to "women," but to one "woman" — her first girlfriend, Tara. (Indeed, some fans were a bit annoyed at first by their relationship, as before this Willow had always been shown attracted to men.) After Tara's death, Willow eventually shows attraction to other women and gets a new girlfriend.
- Another odd example with the same character: one episode features a boy who has a magical jacket which causes any woman who sees him wearing it to fall madly in love with him. And it does work on Willow, too, leading to several amusing jokes when she and the other girls start fighting over him.
- Steve Urkel from Family Matters is a Laura-sexual for most of the series, though he does get another girlfriend later in the series who ironically turns out to be Urkel-sexual.
- Not quite present with Monk, as he has been attracted to a few women, and is technically probably asexual, but he still considers himself married even though his wife is dead, and the idea of actually being interested in another woman is quite a frightening prospect to him.
- Marshall with Lily on How I Met Your Mother. He can't even fantasize about other women without problems.
- Victor/Anthony Ceccoli and Sierra/Priya Tsetsang in Dollhouse remember each other's faces and in a near-Crowning Moment of Funny, Victor-as-"Roger" dumps his girlfriend he was programmed to unconditionally love because of this. It has led to many instances of a Crowning Moment of Heartwarming.
- Happened to Chuck Bass on Gossip Girl. He may have been a healthy seventeen-year-old at the time, but neither the "erotical nor the pharmaceutical" did any good. If it wasn't Blair, it wasn't working. For this, Serena dubbed him "the eunuch".
- This happened with John Paul and Craig on Hollyoaks. Also subverted with Max and OB, but they were just Heterosexual Life-Partners.
- The sum total of Naomi's sexuality in Skins is "she's completely in love with Emily".
- Cole Turner in Charmed only has sex with women who look just like Phoebe. Oh, and of course, with Phoebe. He even later tells the shapeshifter he'd hired to look like her that she's only "good for the occasion dance" and that he needs the real thing.
- Rory from Doctor Who is a raging Amy-sexual. So much so, that he is Mistaken for Gay... by Amy (she assumed he was gay because, though she'd known him since childhood, she'd never seen him show interest in girls. Turns out it was because from the beginning he'd only wanted her.)
- There's a comic in which Amy and the Doctor are bodyswapped. Amy once comments that they'd better get this fixed or certain things◊ on and off the marriage front will be difficult, but after initial brainbreak Rory starts treating her and the Doctor exactly as before, down to holding Amy when Time Lord senses start overwhelming her and calmly threatening the Doctor when he does something that seems counter to Amy's long-term well being. At the end of the issue he says he doesn't care what she looks like, he loves her, and passionately kisses a Time Lord... but they've switched back. He's the last to know.
Amy: "Oh no. Do it again. But do it... slower."
- There's a comic in which Amy and the Doctor are bodyswapped. Amy once comments that they'd better get this fixed or certain things◊ on and off the marriage front will be difficult, but after initial brainbreak Rory starts treating her and the Doctor exactly as before, down to holding Amy when Time Lord senses start overwhelming her and calmly threatening the Doctor when he does something that seems counter to Amy's long-term well being. At the end of the issue he says he doesn't care what she looks like, he loves her, and passionately kisses a Time Lord... but they've switched back. He's the last to know.
- Whether intentionally or not, The X-Files has Mulder (of all people) becoming this towards Scully. In early seasons, Mulder would hit on other women, make lecherous comments, etc. By the end of the series, we hadn't seen that in quite awhile—it was all directed at Scully. It becomes a hilarious (and cute) plot point in the 2008 movie "I Want to Believe." The young agent who requests Mulder and Scully's help on a case develops (or already had, it's unclear) a crush on Mulder and hits on him quite a bit. Mulder doesn't notice...but Scully does.
- Although Mulder does have a raging porn addiction.
- Scully occasionally attempts to have relationships with other men, but her interactions with them are always forced. After her one date in the first season, the only other date we see her go on in the series, she's drugged. She is, essentially, Mulder-sexual from the time she meets him on.
- Nikola Tesla in Sanctuary seems to have only ever loved Helen despite his advanced age. There are other attractive women on the show, but he pretty much sticks to complimenting (and harassing) Helen.
- The second season of Game of Thrones, has a merchant try to convince Daenerys to marry him only for her to make it clear that she still considers herself married to the very dead Khal Drogo.
- On The Vampire Diaries Elijah Mikaelson, over 1000 years old, has only ever shown interest in the Petrova doppelgängers; Tatia, Katerina and Elena, who all look exactly alike. Although he flirts with Elena, he is shown to have been in love with Katerina for over 500 years.
- Damon Salvatore is a mild example of this. Although he's a notorious playboy and flirt, he has only ever been in love with two girls who look exactly alike, the aforementioned Petrova doppelgängers; Katherine Pierce and Elena Gilbert.
- On White Collar, Peter is incredibly uncomfortable with and terrible at even flirting with a woman other than his wife.
- Amy in Faking It has apparently never been in a relationship before the beginning of the series then she kisses her best friend Karma as part of their "we're lesbians" scam. Afterwards she kisses a boy and feels nothing which makes her think she's a lesbian but then has the same result when she kisses a different girl. Afterwards Shane declares her "Karmasexual". Should be noted that even before this they had a Romantic Two-Girl Friendship that got them Mistaken for Gay.
- Incredibly widely used in popular music through the years. For example:
- The Platters, "Only You"
Only you and you alone
can thrill me like you do
and fill my heart with love for only you
- "I only have eyes for you", composed in 1934 by Harry Warren and lyricist Al Dubin, and performed by artists as diverse as Frank Sinatra, Al Jolson, Billie Holliday, Rod Stewart, and The Flamingos.
My love must be a kind of blind love
I can't see anyone but you...
You are here, so am I
Maybe millions of people go by
But they all disappear from view
And I only have eyes for you
- "He Stopped Loving Her Today", written by Bobby Braddock and Curly Putman, and released in 1980 by George Jones:
He said I'll love you 'til I die
She told him you'll forget in time...
Kept some letters by his bed
He had underlined in red
Every single "I love you"
He stopped loving her today
They placed a wreath upon his door
And soon they'll carry him away
He stopped loving her today.
- "There Will Never Be Another You", written by Harry Warren and Mack Gordon
And in our moment of parting,
This is all I want you to know...
There will be other lips that I may kiss,
But they won't thrill me,
Like yours used to do
- Even 90s indie pop got in on the game, as in "Anyone Else Isn't You" by The Field Mice, written by singer Bobby Wratten:
Other than you, I want no one
If I can't have you, I want to be alone
Anyone else isn't you
And if they're not you, I don't want to know...
- The Platters, "Only You"
- Arguably Toshi of X Japan, if the lyrics of "Crystal Piano no Kimi," his overwrought love poem for his lifelong (aside for 10 years) best friend and band co-founder Yoshiki are any indication.
- Nina Simone's "My Baby Just Cares For Me";
- Liz Turner is not his style,
And even Liberace's smile
Is something he can't see.
I wonder what's wrong with baby?
My baby just cares... for me.
- The Steel Panther song, Community Property first appears to be this, with the line, "If suddenly you were a guy, I'd be suddenly gay." But then subverted with; "My heart belongs to you, but my cock is Community Property."
- Classical Mythology: Hades towards Persephone. Leuce and Minthe are much later Roman additions. Before that Hades was never showed having any sort of affair behind his wife’s back or being in any sort of romantic or sexual relationship prior to their marriage. Considering the track record that many of the other Greek gods tend to have, this is practically a miracle.
- Angelina Love was the sole target of Winter's affections in TNA.(elsewhere, she's shown a wide range of interests) She and Angelina did try to seduce Eric Young when he and ODB held the knockout's tag team titles though and after she and Love apparently broke up, Winter would harass Tara on Xplosion.
- William Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream employs as a plot device a magical flower whose nectar causes people to become singularly enamored with the first person they see after having it applied to their eyes. Naturally, things start going a little off-course when Puck applies the juice to the wrong Athenian's eyes, and Hilarity Ensues.
- The Phantom of the Opera: The Phantom for Christine. Oh so much.
The Phantom: You alone can make my song take flight, and help me make the Music of the Night.
- Les Misérables has Marius and Cosette be this for each other. This gets rather silly on the side of Marius, because he totally misses Eponine's incredibly obvious crush on him. Eponine, for her part, seems quite Marius-sexual, and thus helps him hook up with Cosette so he will be happy.
- In The Winter's Tale, King Leontes refuses to remarry after the death of Queen Hermione, even though his advisers try to pressure him to do so. Paulina does have some hand in it, urging him to promise to not remarry unless she approves of the bride, but Leontes seems perfectly fine with agreeing to those terms. The way he speaks about his dead wife upon seeing her statue, and the way Paulina talks after Hermione comes back to life suggests that before his jealousy, the two had been deeply in love.
- Nu-13 from Blazblue is this trope Up to Eleven: not only is she attracted to no one but Ragna, but she likes nothing else.
- Endrance/Elk from Dot Hack GU is "Haseo-sexual". Or "Mia-sexual" considering the first 5 games.
- According to the creator, Revolver Ocelot is this way about Big Boss in Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater. Which certainly seems to explain some of his more disturbing behavior towards Solid Snake, a clone of Big Boss and a dead ringer for a young version of him.
- His Snakesexuality is, in fact, so potent it overpowers brainwashing. At the climax of the fourth game, choosing not to fight a grapple causes Ocelot to give (old, radiation-burned) Snake a tender kiss.
- Amy Rose of Sonic the Hedgehog is completely in love with Sonic, and no one else but him. In Sonic the Hedgehog (2006), she even claims that, if she had to choose between the world and Sonic, she would easily pick the latter.
- Mai Shiranui from Fatal Fury, to Andy Bogard. Such a waste.
- Art of Fighting: Robert is said to be a charmer and ladies' man. Yet, he only has eyes for Ryo's sister, Yuri, whom he's been trying to go out with ever since he first met her. Except her father and brother won't let that happen.
- Adell of Disgaea 2 has made a point of saying that he Does Not Like Girls in that way. He does eventually admit that Rozalin is the exception to the rule, more or less making him Rozalin-sexual.
- Decus of Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World is probably Alicesexual, though with that weirdo...
- From the same game, Marta is very much Emilsexual.
- Tales of the Abyss has a few examples, mostly amongst the antagonists. Asch is very clearly sexually uninterested in anyone who isn't Natalia. Arietta also had this towards the real Ion and Dist is very clearly pining for Jade, although, in Dist's case, things are... a bit more complicated than most examples.
- Tales of Zestiria has Sorey who's Mikleo-sexual and vice-versa.
- Naoto from Persona 4 is flat out turned off by the idea of romance and entirely oblivious to the affections of others for her, such as Kanji. The only exception is the Protagonist, whom she falls for if her romance is pursued.
- On the flip side, Kanji only shows meaningful attraction towards Naoto, despite his struggling orientation AND both before and after The Reveal.
- Aigis from Persona 3. She will fall for the Protagonist despite being a robot and regardless of gender, though she has a little bit of Gayngst at one point if it's the female Protagonist.
- Ryoji as well, though this is only revealed if playing a female character. He states that he would probably fall in love with you even if you were a boy. Considering how he acts around the male MC, this isn't surprising.
- Taken to a horrifying extreme with Alma in the second First Encounter Assault Recon game, where she is "Becket-sexual". Doesn't matter that Becket can barely parse her as human, or that he's trying to destroy her, or that he's obviously repulsed and terrified by her presence (because she's dead, homicidal, incredibly dangerous and deeply psychologically disturbed). She covets him and no one else. What's perhaps worse about the whole situation is that it's artificially induced - Becket was subjected to a process that "tuned" his psychic aura to Alma. Combined with his intense latent psychic potential, he's been made into the only sexual partner Alma is capable of perceiving or desiring completely against his will.
- May in Guilty Gear is Johnny-sexual. Unfortunately for her, Johnny is a Casanova Wannabe.
- No matter how much she flirts and tease men and women or how much fanon depicts that she swings both ways and will do Anything That Moves, Excellen Browning of Super Robot Wars only ever has had her eyes dead set on Kyosuke Nanbu. It helps that she doubles as the Manic Pixie Dream Girl to The Stoic Kyo.
- Squall Leonhart of Final Fantasy VIII is Rinoa-sexual - completely disinterested in human relationships of any kind before he meets her, and obsessively devoted to her to the exclusion of all else once he admits to falling for her. This is mostly because Squall is a very emotionally damaged person, and Rinoa is the only one who is able to break through the mental barriers Squall erected to keep out everyone else.
- Soren from the 9th and 10th Fire Emblem games only has eyes for Ike and could care less about pretty much everyone else; whether this is romantic or a case of very close Heterosexual Life-Partners or some kind of gender inverted Romantic Two-Girl Friendship is a whole other can of worms. Justified in that Ike saved Soren's life when they were children, and Soren's Dark and Troubled Past overall.
- In Rule of Rose, basically everything Wendy does (including all her social interactions with other people) is to sustain her..."relationship" with Jennifer. She only talks or writes about other people to describe their influence on Jennifer, and even her minions are just wet sawdust to her (given that she murders them by proxy). It's implied that she expects the same level of "devotion" from Jennifer.
Wendy: Please smile only at me.
- Elis in Canvas 2 is Hirokisexual. She gets 15 confessions in a single day even when she looks pale and zombie-like, but rejects every single one.
- Unusually for a Visual Novel protagonist, Souta in Kira-Kira: Curtain Call definitely has this going on for Yui, and won't let you forget it. His Inner Monologue points out any time he interacts with a woman who is not Yui that she is not as attractive to him as Yui. Combined with his Hot-Blooded-ness, he's been occasionally driven to spontaneously express his love for her in rather extreme (though not sexual) ways that have caused her friend to impose an informal restraining order on him.
- Mizuhara in Kara no Shoujo has a severe fixation on Toko, though she says she's not a lesbian. Interestingly enough, there's a bad end where she convinces herself she is Toko (it's complicated) and decides the feelings of love and attraction she feels for Reiji are Toko's. Toko admits to no such thing and hasn't slept with Reiji despite what Mizuhara thinks, meaning that Mizuhara appears to have fallen for him herself.
- Lambdadelta from Umineko no Naku Koro ni has eyes only for Bernkastel and maybe vice versa. They've lived for a very long time but has never mentioned another lover or romantic interest subside their declaration of love for each other. Lambda makes it very clear that she wants the game to keep on going forever so that Bern will be caged in it like a bird and forever be hers. Psycho Lesbian much?
- Eri in Nameless has five dolls, and all of them only fall in love with her, despite many, many people willing to court them. This occurs no matter which route you chose. Luckily in the end timelines converge and no one's left out. Probably.
- Miyako in Maji De Watashi Ni Koi Shinasai, to the point that in all of the endings where she doesn't end up with Yamato, she's still shown to be waiting for him even decades later.
- Kareha of SHUFFLE! Essence+ says in her route that she's never been in love before Rin, and likely would never have been if she hadn't met him.
- Junpei, of Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors, is very much Akane-sexual. It's implied he loved her when they were children, and he quickly (and obviously) falls in love with her upon meeting her again as a teenager. The game reveals that he is so "connected" to her that they're able to mentally link through time and space, allowing him to save her when she's a child, so she's able to exist in the present. Yeah, it's a Mind Screw.
- The sequel deconstructs it, though. Future!Junpei spent his whole life searching for Akane after she left him to put her huge plan into motion. He ends up lonely and embittered, having endangered his adoptive son through his infatuation for Akane, and admits during the 'Another Time' ending that he was Loving a Shadow. Long story short? Loving someone is great, but don't let it control your entire life. Also, given that- for all he knew- Akane didn't even reciprocate his feelings, Junpei's actions look kind of creepy.
- Luna is another example (technically speaking; she's a GAULEM, and doesn't have sexual characteristics). She's in love with Sigma. Both his past self and several-decades-later future self.
- Grace from El Goonish Shive is "Tedd-sexual". It appears to be simply a result of her Uryuom heritage — the Uryuom being a One-Gender Race of alien shape-shifters. Since they can change their external shape at will, they form relationships based primarily on concepts and mental connections. Grace, being 1/4th Uryuom (or so), has inherited this disposition. However, in one non-canon story where reality becomes altered so that Tedd is (and always was) female, Grace hooks up with a different character instead (way to go Sarah!). Although this might be explained by the way, like in every alternate universe where the two are of different genders, the female Tedd and Elliot are in a relationship.
- Collin of Boy Meets Boy claims to be asexual with the sole exception of Fox. However, the Spin-Off Friendly Hostility has him realize that he's actually a full-blown homosexual with the implication that if he was truly asexual, he wouldn't have become attracted to anyone in the first place.
- It's actually kind of a sliding scale. Fatima is described as "more Asexual than Collin", and by the end of the comic is married, though it's vaguely implied she's not planning on having sex with her husband. (He seems okay with it.)
- Sluggy Freelance: Thanks to brainwashing, Oasis is strictly Torg-sexual.
- Alex/Murfs of Khaos Komix didn't see what the big deal about sex was until he met Tom and became intensely attracted to someone else for the first time in his life. He even calls himself "Tom-o-sexual."
- In Dreamless, Elanor and Takashi have only ever been in love with each other; not even the brief appearances of Takashi's fiancee or the prostitute he confides in detract from that, and in fact are barely discussed.
- Magick Chicks: Despite attending an all girl school, which has no shortage of hotties, the only one Sandi has eyes for is Faith Abbot. And wants nothing more than the chance to ROCK. HER. WORLD. Which was made explicit when she wound up dry humping a tree, due to an illusion caused by Jacqui's glamour spell that showed Sandi her heart's desire, which was: the sight of Faith naked, offering to "reward" her!
- In L's Empire, the Kayoss are a race that have this (combined with One True Love) hard-coded into their DNA.
- Matt of White Dark Life outright states that Tori is the only woman he finds attractive.
- Awkward. has Alex, who is, as a result of years of harsh rejections, a depraved Lestersexual as of the start of the series. Rather than being the result of actual attraction or compatibility, Alex's record of rejection leads him to crave it; Lester being both heterosexual and Alex's housemate, he is perfectly positioned to give Alex the rejection he comes to crave on a regular basis.
- Doki of There she is!! is 100% Nabi-sexual.
- In you could make a life, Marc had exactly one unsatisfying sexual encounter before meeting Dan and he hasn't looked at anyone not named Dan Riley ever since. Dan even describes him at one point as "THE one guy kind of guy".
- In The Fate Of Paul Twister, Paul seems to have a case of this. He carries on a normal conversation with a gorgeous, nude forest nymph who's literally close enough to touch, he sees the exotic Amber as just another girl even though she breaks hearts left and right, and he finds Sarah's advances—who he always describes as physically attractive—more annoying than appealing, all because they're not the beautiful Aylwyn. (Who, unfortunately, doesn't return his affections.) The only time things are at all different is when he gets transformed into a half-dragon and overwhelmed by the dragon's instincts, but boy is that a doozy.
- In the What If? entry about what the world would be like if everyone had one perfect soulmate, it's pointed out that you don't need to worry about making sure the soulmates don't have Incompatible Orientation, because that's built into the premise; everyone has Single Target Sexuality aimed at their soulmate.
- Nothing Much To Do: A modern-day vlog adaption of Much Ado About Nothing, has Benedick and Beatrice towards each other. They fell for each other when they were fourteen but miscommunication pushed them apart. Years later despite living at different ends of the country, there's no suggestion they've ever been attracted to anyone else (apart from celebrity crushes) and both of them are determined to stay single and claim to hate dating. They eventually admit their feelings and get together.
- Archer. Woodhouse has only ever been seen to have eyes for one person: Reggie Thistleton. In one flashback, he is seen sprawled on a bunk on a tramp steamer with two beautiful naked women, yet he is still crying Reggie's name. After having gone on a major Roaring Rampage of Revenge, collecting 50 scalps of WWI-era Germans.
I prefer to think of it as a singular same-sex attraction.
- Season 4 introduces and kills off Lucas Troy, who faked his own death and sold uranium to terrorists to help finance a life for himself and Archer together running a Bed & Breakfast, despite protestations that he's not really "gay".
- On Avatar: The Last Airbender, Aang falls in love with Katara at first sight, and never loves anyone else, or even expresses any interest in any other girls (or guys for that matter).
- This seemed, at first, to be a recurring characteristic of the Avatar: Avatar Roku crushed on Ta Min since childhood, and immediately sets to work wooing and marrying her after traveling the world without her for twelve years, never showing any interest in anyone else. Avatar Kuruk fell in love at first sight with Ummi and apparently never loved again after she was taken to the Spirit World...
- ...until it was ultimately subverted by Korra in Sequel Series The Legend of Korra. True, she at first appears to follow the pattern when she falls in Love at First Sight with her close friend Mako and dates him for six months...but then, she breaks up with him over conflicts over their different responsibilities, and the two decide that they're far Better as Friends. At the end of the Grand Finale, she gets a Relationship Upgrade with her other close friend Asami, thereby becoming the first known Avatar to be bisexual.
- Ben's partner Rook in Ben 10: Omniverse is explicitly stated in Bro In Space to have eyes only for his Childhood Friend Rayonna, despite being a Chick Magnet on his planet. The episode even has a scene where he coldly rejects another girl's invitation to a festival.
- Panini is Chowder-sexual.
- Abe Lincoln from Clone High is very in love with Cleopatra.
Abe: I want to date Cleopatra. She's attractive, smart, athletic, good-looking, she's hot, photogenic, she takes pride in her appearance...I guess what I'm trying to say is...I admire her commitment to community service.Joan: (obviously in love with Abe) You don't think dating an old friend would be better? You know, maybe someone that you take for granted?Abe: No, I like Cleo.Joan: But Abe, think about it, like an old friend-Abe: NOPE! Cleo. Only Cleo.
- Danny Phantom: Danny's archenemy Vlad only has eyes for Danny's mom, Maddie. Despite his vast riches, powers, and 20 years of living in luxury, she's the only woman he wants, ignoring she's married and has a rather unpleasant opinion of him
- On Hey Arnold!, Helga doesn't even notice the presence of any boys except Arnold. Not that she'll ever admit it publicly...
- Heloise of Jimmy Two-Shoes only loves Jimmy and no one else.
- Moral Orel: Daniel Stopframe appears to be Clay-sexual although he dumps him in the finale and is seen going to a motel with a prostitute, although that isn't necessarily attraction.
- Sheldon of My Life as a Teenage Robot is definitely Jenny-sexual.
- Except for his brief attraction to a disguised Vexus, so he's at least Robosexual.
- Phineas and Ferb:
- As noted at its official page, Isabella is Phineas-sexual and has not shown attraction to any other boy (except the Beak, but he was Phineas (and Ferb) in disguise).
- Candace only has one guy for her: Jeremy Johnson (with one exception in "A Hard Day's Knight" in which she had a crush on Charles... who happened to resemble Jeremy).
- Waylon Smithers of The Simpsons was "Burns-sexual;" it was decided early on to have Smithers be in love with Burns, but there was a lot of debate about whether it was a matter of Single-Target Sexuality or if he was just gay. The latter seems to have won out in recent years, with Smithers having ex-boyfriends and going to a gay resort on vacation. However, some writers, like Al Jean, still stick to the "Burns-sexual" interpretation. Smithers' sham marriage itself (as seen through flashback) is clearly a parody of Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, a Tennessee Williams play/film about a man who neglects his wife and spirals into depression as he begins to realize he's in love with his dead (male) best friend.
- Total Drama:
- Cody was a Casanova Wannabe early on, but it didn't take him long to become Gwensexual, even after she began dating Trent. However, Word of God is that he eventually managed to move on and now has feelings for his former Stalker with a Crush, Sierra.
- According to Owen, Emma is the first and only person Noah has ever been interested in dating. This is why Emma breaking up with him nearly renders him catatonic — he's never been dumped before.
- Carrie has been in love with her partner Devin since they were both five. She only begins noticing other people after she temporarily loses interest in him.
- Callie, the succubus from Ugly Americans, is in a fairly committed romantic relationship with Mark Lily, but he later discovers that she has other exclusively sexual relationships.
- Miraculous Ladybug: Apparently, both Marinette and Adrien, for the each other, but they're unaware of it. Even more remarkable on Adrien 's side as he have hundred of fangirls but is indifferent to anybody else than Ladybug (thus, Marinette).
- Bina Aspen, the wife of transgender CEO Martine Rothblatt, describes herself as "Martine-sexual" when asked about her sexuality by reporters.