Western Animation: Patrol 03
) is a French animated television series that aired in 1997 and was broadcast on Pop in the United Kingdom.
The show centers on a trio of animal police officers called Shorty, Wilfred and Carmen who solve crimes in the city of Los Diablos. The villains of the show are Police Chief Pamela Bondani and her mole assistant, Professor Molo, who are always trying to take over the city.
This show contains examples of the following tropes:
- Action Girl: Carmen, see below.
- Pamela as well, since in the pilot she destroyed one of Molo's monsters with her bare hands.
- Bad Cop/Incompetent Cop: The main trio are treated like this by the rest of their department. Although they're actually the most competent policeman there.
- Cats Are Mean: Pamela is a cat and the main villain.
- Creator Provincialism: Despite Los Diablos ostensibly being in Eagleland, all the electric plugs seen in one episode are European style.
- Cunning Like a Fox: Carmen
- Dark and Troubled Past / Standard Cop Backstory: It's implied for Carmen, who mentions she used to be a dancer. Doesn't seem to affect her sunny disposition.
- Dirty Cop: Pamela Bondani
- Dirty Harriet: A (barely) G-rated version involving Carmen.
- Dogged Nice Guy: Snap has a big crush on Carmen and does everything in his power to get her to like him back.
- Evil Is Hammy: Molo and Pamela both take turns in this department.
- Gadgeteer Genius: Snap, who provides the trio with gadgets for battling Molo's monsters.
- Gentle Giant: Wilfred.
- The Ghost: Pamela's nephew. He does show up in the series finale though.
- Half-Dressed Cartoon Animal: The whole cast, barring Pamela (The One Who Wears Shoes) and Carmen (a Barefoot Cartoon Animal).
- Handicapped Badass: Carmen is a paraplegic but is by far the most effective member of the patrol when dealing with monsters.
- Mad Scientist: Professor Molo.
- Monster of the Week: Each episode, Molo creates a monster to try and get rid of the mayor or make him look bad.
- Must Make Him Laugh: Shorty is really good at keeping his cool in humorous situations.
- Pantsless Males, Fully-Dressed Females: Pamela and Carmen are fully dressed, although Carmen is barefoot.
- Pet the Dog: Pamela has a nephew and (while he's never seen) she seems to take good care of him.
- Police Are Useless: Somewhat justified by the fact that their chief is villainous and makes sure they don't mess with her contacts.
- Slave to PR: The reason the Mayor can't just fire Pamela despite her Obviously Evil ways, as he has no firm proof. Also, presumably why she believes she can get his job just by embarrassing him.
- The Starscream: Pamela acts as this to the mayor.
- Super Wheel Chair: Carmen's wheelchair is tricked out with all kinds of gadgets, usually suited for whatever the situation needs.
- Super Cop: The trio are technically this due to their Batman-esque gadgets and the fact that they fight off monsters.
- Those Two Bad Guys: Pamela and Molo
- The two gangsters, Joe Bull and Willy Hyena, too.