We all know angels
run the gamut from being light-based mind shattering horrors
to the basically human
, and the human flavor are almost always divinely hot. This rule is almost without exception.
Compare Horny Devils
, for this trope's infernal counterpart (which may be literal
, in some cases
). Contrast Divinely Appearing Demons
. Their boss may also be a Hot God
as well. Compare Beauty Equals Goodness
, which fits this (almost
) perfectly. Not related to Lovely Angels
of Inhumanly Beautiful Race
Anime and Manga
- An ad campaign for Lynx deodorant used the tagline "angels will fall", and showed hot female angels plunging from Heaven to earth to be near the guy spraying on Lynx. Axe ran a similar campaign in the US.
- The Victoria's Secret Angels
- The final ghost of Ghosts Of Girlfriends Past appears as an incredibly beautiful angel.
- In Date With An Angel, the eponymous angel, who gets stranded on Earth after breaking her wing in a collision with a satellite, becomes the face of the 'Celestial Beauty' campaign being run by a cosmetics company.
- Ambassador Kosh in Babylon 5 is seen as such by various races due to the Vorlon's Ancient Conspiracy to manipulate the younger races into being Vorlon pawns for the coming battle with the Shadows.
- Several examples in Supernatural: Castiel is this to many fans; Michael, in the form of Michael Cohen and Jake Abel; Anna from Season 4 and 5; Season 6 briefly introduced another female angel named Rachel. Averted with Zachariah. These may not count as this trope however. They use hosts, so technically the fanbase is finding the human hosts pretty, not the actual angels. The only angel whose celestial form is explicitly described in-story as "beautiful" is Lucifer. The angels themselves are actually of the Eldritch Abomination variety, but the show has never shown their true forms.
- A number of angel pictures on Magic: The Gathering cards fit this, with the first Serra Angel picture (up to 4th edition) just being a mild one.
- Half-celestial races in Dungeons & Dragons, currently known as devas, are known to have an otherworldly beauty.
- For related reasons, Aasimars (those with a celestial being in their ancestry) are also frequently quite beautiful.
- While most demons in Demon The Fallen drive mortals who witness their true forms insane with horror, the few who still have low Torment do so with the angelic beauty they retained since the Days of Creation.
- Sanguinus, Primarch of the Blood Angels legion in War Hammer 40000 qualifies. This trait also to a lesser degree applies to his chapter.
- Kyra, the Angel of Light, from the mythology of Septerra Core.
- Most angels of the Disgaea universe, most prominently Archangel◊ Flonne and Vulcanus(?).
- Any time a being of angelic origins shows up in the Neverwinter Nights modding community, she will be in possession of Angelic Beauty. Evanine in Tales of Arterra, Anera in Shadowlords, Melissa in Trials of the Academy, any others I haven't mentioned yet...
- Pokémon: The Gardevoir species has a beautiful, feminine appearance (though it's just as likely to be male as female). According to Word of God, it is supposed to resemble an angel, and its Pokédex entries emphasize its protective nature.
- The Shin Megami Tensei series largely averts this. The root-standard "Angel" is a young winged woman... covered in bondage straps, including one over her eyes; it's actually pretty creepy. After that, angels come in two categories: harsh, masculine warrior, or Humanoid Abomination (in other words, close to the Biblical depiction). The only angels that could be described as pretty are Gabriel and Lucifer's angelic form (the one Persona 3 FES dubbed "Helel").
- While not exactly an angel (more like a member of the Heron, a Winged Humanoid race), Leanne from Fire Emblem Tellius fits in nicely. Her older brothers Reyson and Rafiel are both rare male examples.
- Bayonetta: Zigzags this trope all over the place. Angels take on a wide variety of non-sexualized forms (Winged Humanoids, Dragons, Wheels, and hot rods for starters). However, hit them hard enough and that all falls off. What's underneath is NOT pretty. Played more or less straight however with the Joys, who appear as hot, jiggly women-like humanoids. Gets mixed in with Hot as Hell considering their behaviour however, given their tendency for Immodest Orgasm.
- The trope is also played straight with Jubileus.
- In True Love Junai Monogatari, the Cat Girl/Magical Girlfriend Anze's true form is this through and through. You must have sex with her to unlock it, though.
- The Mortis arc of Star Wars: The Clone Wars features the Daughter, embodiment of the Light Side of the Force, who usually takes the form of a beautiful, young woman, who visibly glows.
- When Sabrina and Salem go back in time to King Arthur's days in Sabrina: The Animated Series...
Arthur: Am I in heaven? For thou must be an angel.
Sabrina: (giggling) Thanketh thee a lot.
Salem: I thinketh I'm gonna be sicketh