Wrestling / Lisa Marie Varon
Lisa Marie Varon
"All the things she said, all the things she said
Running through my head running through my head
All the things she said, this is not enough"
(b. 1971) is an American fitness model, body builder and cheerleader turned professional wrestler
from San Bernardino, California
best known for her work in WWE
and for TNA
She started on the independent circuit, training at Ultimate Pro Wrestling, debuting in June 2000. Her first onscreen role in WWE was as a member of the Godfather
's "Hos," becoming officially named after he had turned heel and joined Right to Censor and thrown her through a table. She was then sent down to WWE's developmental promotion Memphis Championship Wrestling for further training. After MCW closed, she was moved to Ohio Valley Wrestling, where she worked as the manager for the Tag Team
of Doug Basham and Damaja as a member of the Power Stable
the Revolution. She was officially reintroduced to WWE in 2002 as the crazed nemesis of Trish Stratus
, saying that Trish had left her behind when they were both fitness models. Victoria aligned herself with Steven Richards
. She would go on to become a 2x WWE Women's Champion. In TNA, she is a 5x TNA Knockouts Champion
and a 1x TNA Knockouts Tag Team Champion
with Brooke Tessmacher
Despite the name she used in OVW as a member of the Revolution (see Royals Who Actually Do Something
below), she has no connection to Queen Vicky
As usual, you can find the basics at The Other Wiki
"These ain't the tropes to mess with":
- All Webbed Up: Her most frequently used signature move was dubbed the Spider's Web.
- Amazonian Beauty: She was previously a fitness model. And brought into WWE solely because of her looks (the desire to wrestle came later).
- Ambiguously Bi: Victoria and Tara the characters were definitely this. In both companies she was in a tag team where she and her female tag team partner would kiss while entering the ring — Candice Michelle and Torrie Wilson in WWE, Madison Rayne and Brooke Tessmacher in TNA. That being said, she's also been in relationships with Stevie Richards, Kenny Dykstra and Jesse Godderz — as well as teasing stuff with Generation Me.
- Animal Motifs: Spiders, cemented around WrestleMania XX. Tarantulas specifically in TNA.
- The Artifact: Her little dance (essentially a mild example of twerking) before the standing moonsault came when Victoria returned to her dancing character during her second Women's title reign. Despite dropping that character a year later, she still kept the dance before she did the moonsault.
- Ascended Extra: A member of the Godfather's Ho Train, and, once he turned heel and joined Right to Censor, she was the first one to be named.
- Biker Babe: Defied on Smackdown where she tried to steal Chuck Palumbo's bike but was intercepted by Michelle McCool. Played straight on TNA impact upon Tara's return with Madison Rayne, the two of them even ran over Mickie James in an attempt to take her out, breaking her arm. In real life she actually once owned a biker store called Black Widow Customs.
- Bare Your Midriff: Dresses more modestly now, but was fond of these outfits until she left TNA.
- Bash Brothers: Steven Richards, Molly Holly (after they both ended up on WWE's main roster and before Victoria won the Women's Championship off her), Nidia (excluding OVW), Natalya Neidhart, Gail Kim.
- Beauty, Brains and Brawn: She is actually all three of these. The Beauty part is obvious. For the Brains part, she studied biology at UCLA and medicine at Lorna Linda University and worked as a Human Tissue Coordinator at the Inland Eye and Tissue Bank where she was involved in organ donation. For the Brawn part, she was a fitness model and bodybuilder.
- Beauty Is Never Tarnished: Trish gave her a bloody nose during a hardcore match. She also got a cracked tooth in that same match.
- Breakup Breakout: From the Ho Train.
- But Not Too Foreign: She's a mix of Turkish, Japanese and Puerto Rican.
- Butt Monkey: All of her face runs to varying degrees.
- Chairman of the Brawl: She hit Trish with a chair on the September 30, 2002 Raw.
- Character Check: The crazy violent shade of her character would briefly emerge again during a feud with Christy Hemme and then against champion Mickie James. Both times she soon reverted into the goofball without a comment from anybody. And she's back to "crazy" and into Richards in House Of Hardcore.
- Characterization Marches On:
- She started out as a ho, then a goofy ex-ho who danced a lot, then suddenly paired up with Steven Richards and went psycho. Then she kind of snapped back to the dancing character without explanation and didn't want anything to do with Richards anymore because he was crazy.
- The Cheerleader: Dressed this way in MCW.
- Reality Subtext: She had been a cheerleader in high school and even been named an NCA All-American in her senior year.
- Clothing Damage: During the Victoria-Trish-Jazz match at WrestleMania XIX, Trish pulled down the back of Victoria's outfit, briefly exposing her butt on camera.
- Continuity Nod: She was not at all happy that Mae Young and the Fabulous Moolah interrupted the Bra & Panties Gauntlet match just for Mae to striptease. She then attacked them - reminding us that she was still annoyed at Moolah defeating her on her 80th birthday.
- Corrupt Corporate Executive: As the Commissioner in MCW, since she was also working as a heel manager for Steve Bradley and competed and interfered in matches.
- Crazy Sane: The closest her change in character ever came to being acknowledged is when Victoria decided she would have to go wild and crazy if she was to defeat Mickie James.
- Cute and Psycho: She's beautiful and did a great job playing a "crazy" character.
- Cute Bruiser: Less so in her WWE run where she was almost always the largest woman on the roster and frequently a brutal heel or odd goof. In TNA though she had the roughly equal in size Alissa Flash, larger Awesome Kong alongside less conventionally cute ODB and Daffney while she herself was much more subdued than any of her WWE personas. Still Victoria is a lot stronger than she looks, on the third House of Hardcore show the crowd lost it when they saw her carrying around, tossing and slamming Carlito
- Defeat by Modesty: Tried to strip Trish Stratus at Spike TV's Video Game Awards's (there was a relevant "performance" put on for every video game that won an award, when a WWE game won, Trish and Rey Mysterio took on Victoria and Chris Jericho in a tag team match)
- Demoted to Extra: And started losing all her coolness when she started jobbing left and right to anything that's not nailed down or on fire.
- The Dragon: Has served this role for a few other Knockouts.
- Eyes Do Not Belong There: When she used "All The Things She Said" as her entrance music, her video started with an image of an eye in the palm of a hand.
- Finger Poke of Doom: Tara lost the Knockout Title in such a "match" against Madison Rayne just three days after winning it at Bound For Glory.
- Finishing Move: Widow's Peak, a sudden-drop neckbreaker version of the Gory Special.
- Game-Breaking Injury: Defied. She tore her ACL in 2002 while she was Women's Champion. Rather than undergoing surgery and being taken off TV, she opted to wear a knee brace and train her other leg to act as a support.
- Gimmick Matches: Was in the first women's steel cage match sanctioned by WWE, against Lita. Also won her first Women's Championship in a Hardcore Rules match. Also did street fights and of course bra & panties matches.
- Girl-on-Girl Is Hot: She kissed Candice Michelle on the lips at least twice while they were Vince's Devils. In TNA she would make this a habit with whoever she had a regular partnership with, most notably Madison Rayne and Brooke Tessmacher.
- Girl Posse: With Torrie Wilson and Candice as Vince's Devils, though only Victoria and Torrie wrestled regularly.
- Groin Attack: Accidentally gave one to Candice after Candice kicked Torrie out of Vince's Devils and later put Torrie in a version of Akio's illegal neck hanging hold. Victoria decided to give Torrie a body avalanche while this was happening but Torrie moved...
- Halloween Cosplay: Usually something practical, like a baseball player but during her goof phase she wore such highlights as a Sumo Wrestler Fat Suit and scuba gear with snorkel and flippers. She attempted to wrestle in the latter two too, with predictable results.
- Hearing Voices: Her theme by t.A.T.u., "All the Things She Said".
- Hell-Bent for Leather: In her return to TNA run. Quickly ditched after a Heel–Face Turn.
- Hijacked by Ganon:
- Subverted, Molly took a liking to Victoria decided to show Victoria the Widow's Peak because she was probably strong enough to use it on any woman on the roster at the time. Of course, Molly's main hope would that Victoria would go after Trish Stratus, which she did but Victoria also overtook Trish as the #1 contender to Molly's championship and took it.
- Played Straight when Victoria feud with Mickie James overtook Melina's, who had finally moved on but went back to antagonizing Mickie to stay off Victoria's hit list.
- I Like My X Like I Like My Y: Once joked, "I like my men like I like my coffee, two at a time, just kidding."
- Improbable Weapon User: Fun fact, using a motor cycle helmet as a club makes it useless as a motorcycle helmet!
- Lingerie Scene: The WWE Divas Undressed photoshoot.
- Mascot: Poison, her tarantula, during her first run with TNA.
- Mean Character, Nice Actor: Known primarily for playing a heel but is reportedly one of the nicest and friendliest Divas/Knockouts to approach.
- Mrs. Robinson:
- She was 'manager' of Kenny Dykstra, back when they were, in all likelihood, the youngest Superstar and oldest Diva on the roster.
- At almost forty, she once had a semi-mutual fling with the early to mid-twenties Generation Me.
- Her last beau in TNA, Jessie Godderz, was 26.
- Ms. Fanservice: Still very attractive despite being in her mid-forties.This is her Halloween costume in 2015, complete with underboob and an exposed midriff.
- Not-So-Harmless Villain: Her heel persona has been in a tug of war between these from Sunday Night Heat onward do to inconsistent booking and psychology. At some points she seemed almost completely indomitable, taking on multiple people at once. At others, falling out of the ring after getting kicked was one of her signature spots. 2005 Taboo Tuesday is a good example of the former, her entire Smackdown run for the latter.
- The Ophelia: Dark version, in her early career. Once Molly and Jacqueline fell out of the picture during her feud with Trish, Victoria fell off the deep end. She didn't just want the women's title, she wanted to make Trish bleed, break her bones then to take Trish's soul. Then she started hating anything that resembled Trish (like Terri Runnels, apparently), then she bit off Stacy Keibler's finger nails, then she started to talk to people that were not there. Then she lost the title back to Trish but still held her hands as if she the title was still in them. She got to be in a few hardcore matches and street fights to let her cut loose without disqualification too. On the other hand, she was still in plenty of WWE.com photo shoots and focuses.
- Power Stable: (in OVW): The Revolution (led by Doug Basham and also featuring Damaja [WWE's Danny Basham], Rob Conway, Big Bad John [Heidenreich], Mike Hardnote , Kanyon, Mark Magnus [Muhammad Hassan] and Jackie Gayda.)
- Put on a Bus: Her on screen reason was a Game-Breaking Injury caused by Michelle McCool.
- Real Song Theme Tune: From late 2002-2004 she used Tatu's "All The Things She Said".
- Retcon: When she feuded with Gail Kim in TNA, the women and commentators acted as if the two hadn't wrestled each other since their WWE days. This is ignoring that Gail's return match in TNA was against Tara - and she took the Knockouts Tag Team Title Belts from her and Tessmacher with Rayne.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: She was billed as Queen Victoria in OVW as a member of the Revolution.
- Screaming Warrior: For a time, though more known for Trash Talk.
- An interview during her time in UPW had her rant about how they always got body builders who walked in thinking that because they were body builders they could be wrestlers too. She herself had a body building background.
- In her segment on the WWE Divas Undressed DVD, in re her role as a member of the Godfather's Ho Train, she joked, "Who better to play the Ho role?"
- She Cleans Up Nicely: As the Blooper Reel Easter Egg on the WWE Divas South of the Border DVD proved, Victoria with makeup and Victoria without makeup are quite different.
- Signature Move: An over the top leg drop (to the point on WWE Byte this she mentioned trying to use it less so she would not become associated with it), the Spider's Web (standing fireman's carry to sidewalk slam), a standing moonsault sometimes preceded by a dance shake or standing directly on top of the opponent, a super kick but only during her second Women's championship title run.
- Sitcom: Played "Chickasaurus" on the Nikki episode "Topless."
- Snakes Are Sexy: The 2005 Divas magazine shoot included a picture of her with an iguana on her back.
- Start My Own: Fat Tony's, her pizza restaurant in Louisville, KY. She had a car customizing business called Black Widow Customs, which was destroyed in a fire in 2010. She and her husband opened a restaurant in Chicago in 2013 called the Squared Circle.
- Tag Team: TNT with Miss Tessmacher.
- The Teetotaler: Seems to be a curious case of cultural isolation combined with a bad first experience. When Kevin Nash took control of TNA Impact, he ordered Tara and ODB to each down a six pack of beer and then immediately wrestle a no holds barred match. Cut to a visibly disgusted Tara holding an open beer bottle and exclaiming she had no idea what she drinking and was going to finish them only so she could get her hands on ODB. Bottle Fairy ODB, on the other hand, was not handicapped by this at all.
- That Came Out Wrong: Victoria telling Ivory that she'd have to have her first before she could have Stevie Richards.
- To Be a Master: When she went to TNA, she cut a promo saying she wanted to be remembered among the best wrestlers in the world and did not think that would happen if she stayed on Smackdown but could do it in TNA if she could beat Awesome Kong.
- Would Hit a Girl: The Goodfather threw her through a table. On the May 12, 2001 episode of Memphis Championship Wrestling's TV show, Joey Abs hit her with his "Absolute" move.
- Yandere: Victoria could have been more of a case of Hate Makes You Crazy, at least in her feud with Trish. She had her own straight example in Stevie Richards after her face turn though.
- You Taste Delicious: Licked Stacy Keibler, claiming she could taste her fear.