Salvador Guerrero IV
(b. 1970) is a Mexican
-American Professional Wrestler
best known for his work in WCW
as Chavo Guerrero Jr.
He debuted in 1994 competing in Mexico and Japan, arriving in WCW in 1996. He was mostly a Jobber
, though his career picked up a bit when he started feuding with his uncle Eddie Guerrero
The idea was that Chavo was trying to stay a Face
, and Eddie kept pressuring him to embrace the "Cheat to Win" philosophy. This led to Chavo going "crazy" and introducing "Pepe," his stick horse.note
Chavo would go on to hold the WCW World Cruiserweight Title
twice and the WCW World Tag Team Titles
once, as Lt. Loco, with Corporal Cajun (Lash LeRoux) while in the Misfits in Action. After WWE bought WCW, Chavo was brought in as part of the InVasion/Alliance angle. Over his time in WWE, he would hold the now-WWE Cruiserweight Title 4 times, the WWE SmackDown! Tag Team Titles
twice with Eddie, and the WWE ECW Heavyweight Title
once. He left WWE in 2011 for the independent scene. He debuted in TNA
in 2012 and is a 2x TNA World Tag Team Champion
there with Hernandez.
"'Tropes asociados con Chavo Guerrero Jr."
- Arch-Enemy: Rey Mysterio Jr, Hornswoggle
- Badass Family/Wrestling Family: Part of one of the most well known families in Wrestling.
- Badass Beard/Beard of Evil: Depending on his face/heel orientation at the time.
- Badass Mustache: Except when he was Kerwin White
- Badasses Wear Bandanas: As the crusierweight champion
- Bald of Awesome: After shaving his own head after Eddie beat him in the Hair vs. Hair match at Bash at the Beach. He later was used in vintages for hair regrowing products though.
- Bash Brothers: with Eddie.
- Big Badass Bird of Prey: He was Jack Swagger's Soaring Eagle.
- Big Guy, Little Guy: With the Wall.
- Bound and Gagged: By Hornswoggle, while wearing a cow suit. It makes sense in context but is still as stupid as it sounds.
- Butt Monkey: In his feud with Hornswoggle.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Became "crazy" at one point in WCW because of Eddies' abuse.
- Companion Cube/Consulting Mister Puppet: Pepé the stick horse when Chavo went nuts. Until Norman Smiley ran it through a woodchipper.
- David Vs Goliath: Chavo was the Goliath against Hornswaggle and the David against the Basham Brothers and Triple H. Also inverted a few times.
- Finishing Move: Tornado DDT, Gory Bomb
- Genre Savvy: Managed to avoid a match with Stevie Ray by offering a handshake, then tapping out to it, so that he wouldn't be tired for his match later that night against his "Uncle Eddie".
- Green-Eyed Monster: Towards Eddie in 2003.
- Goofy Print Underwear: Chilli peppers when pantsed by Hornswoggle.
- Heel-Face Revolving Door: He and the Wall (formerly Sgt. A-WOL) both turned heel on the Misfits in Action. Chavo went back and forth a few times in WWE.
- I Have Many Names: Chavo Guerrero Jr., Lt. Loco, Kerwin White, the Soaring Eagle
- I Have the High Ground: The Frogsplash
- I Was Beaten By A Girl: Jacqueline defeated him for the WWE Cruiserweight Title.
- Improvised Weapon: Threw shoes at Hornswoggle.
- In-Series Nickname: "Chavito Heat", as heard for weeks in and out when La Raza blarred through WWF speaker boxes to accompany Los Guerrero's entrance.
- One Steve Limit: He was referred to such even more when his dad was cruiserweight champion, while his father was called "Chavo Classic".
- It Will Never Catch On: Why, in the storyline, the Powers That Be (Vince Russo doing his Dr. Claw routine) stuck him with an Amway salesman gimmick in November 1999.
- Jerkass Has a Point: Well, Rey never will be a Guerrero. He is right about that at least.
- Last of His Kind: Okay, the record book says Hornswoggle was the final cruiserweight champion but Chavo was the last actual wrestler to hold the title because Hornswoggle had yet to have anything resembling a wrestling match in WWE.
- Latino Is Brown: The reasoning behind Kerwin White's skin lightning makeup, which he would often sweat off during long promos or matches.
- Lovable Coward/Loveable Rogue: When he and Eddie were doing the "We lie we cheat we steal" routine.
- Moral Myopia: Played for laughs.
- Nice Job Fixing It, Villain: He was the one who got Chris Benoit and Kurt Angle to work together as a tag team when he got the idea to use Benoit's hatred of Angle to lead him into a backstage beat down.
- Odd Friendship: With Jillian Hall on Monday Night Raw. The two had little in common besides being jobbers but Chavo was very supportive, even trying to help her win back the Diva's championship from Melina.
- Politically Incorrect Villain: As Kerwin White.
- Power Stable:
- Red Baron: "The Mexican Warrior"
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: He asked for his release, and WWE gave it to him.
- Seven Year Rule: Seems to have transcended storyline and effected the creative team itself. A Guerrero in a bird? Its brilliant, sure to get over. It was eventually admitted to have been done before on WWE.com, which held a who would win analysis between the Gooker and the Soaring Eagle.
- Spicy Latino: Chavo was more known for his temper than his uncle was. It is what lead to the downfall of Los Guerreros because Chavo got too emotional.
- Suplex Finisher: Done in tribute to his uncle Eddie.
- That Man Is Dead: Kerwin White's attitude toward Chavo, though never said in those exact words, he associated himself little with Chavo, except for how superior he was to him.
- Wounded Gazelle Gambit: As part of Los Guerreros