EXCUSE ME!Vickie Lynn Guerrero
(née Lara, born April 16, 1968) is an American professional wrestling personality, manager, shifting authority figure and occasional wrestler, currently signed to WWE
as the General Manager of Smackdown. She is also the wife of the late professional wrestler Eddie Guerrero
She started off by making cameos in the feud between her then-husband and Rey Mysterio Jr
and became involved in the company full-time as a heel
in 2006 after acting as the occasional peacemaker in the controversial feud between Chavo Guerrero and Mysterio
. She later went on to have storylines with Edge
and later LayCool
. After spending some time managing for Dolph Ziggler
, later becoming the managing supervisor
but was fired as of July 2013. She is currently the permanent General Manager of Smackdown.
As per usual, That Other Wiki
provides full details of her life and career.
It is my pleasure to introduce to you: Tropes associated with Vickie Guerrero!
- Action Survivor
- Alpha Bitch: Like this needs explaining...
- Arch-Enemy: Trish Stratus, Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi and Rey Mysterio Jr, among others (including Miss Piggy).
- Recently, it has become AJ Lee, sometime after Lee became Raw General Manager on Raw 1000 (July 23, 2012).
- The Artifact: She's less a Diva in the modern-day sense (although she is quite attractive for her age) and more of a call-back to the old school valets/managers of yesteryear.
- Big Bad Wannabe: Whenever she's in an authority figure role, she thinks herself as the ultimate evil mastermind who's five steps ahead of everyone. This never, ever lasts long.
- Butt Monkey: Verging on The Chew Toy, especially with the nuclear heel heat she gets from the crowd and John Cena and Jerry Lawler spending fifteen minutes on Raw telling fat jokes about her.
- Catch Phrase: "EXCUSE ME!"
- Chewing the Scenery: Occasionally.
- Dirty Old Woman: While not really that old, she has a necklace with Cougar on it, and has had relationships with Edge, The Big Show, Eric Escobar, and Dolph Ziggler.
- Even Evil Has Standards: On the 12/03/13 edition of Raw, CM Punk came to her and whined about Kane attacking him minutes ago... right after interrupting a tribute The Undertaker was doing to the late Paul Bearer. Heel!Vickie promptly put Punk in a no disqualification match with Kane for his troubles.
- She's repeatedly shown little patience at times for CM Punk's antics even before then.
- Evil Cripple: At times in Kayfabe.
- Evil Laugh: Whenever she does an especially dastardly deed she rattles off one of these.
- Face-Heel Turn
- Heel-Face Revolving Door: In the true professional wrestling sense. While she was one of the biggest villains in WWE, she was still treated like a face in other promotions, FCW (Florida Championship Wrestling, then WWE's developmental system) being one of the more amusing examples since it is a WWE subsidiary.
- Failure Is the Only Option: After being caught in the middle of a corporate family feud.
- Hypocrite: She scolds Daniel Bryan for "repeating the same old catchphrase over and over." Right after screaming "Excuse me!" as per her usual entrance.
- She tried to make it look like John Cena was having an affair with AJ Lee, which got AJ fired. John Cena points out that Vickie is not one to talk, considered she has a habit of using her position to help wrestlers she's clearly having romantic relations with in the past, including Edge who was her husband.
- Manipulative Bitch
- Mean Character, Nice Actor
- No Indoor Voice: This certainly seems to be the case. Even her non-screaming voice is pretty loud and grating.
- Pet the Dog: A recipient of a such moment in Real Life. After Eddie died, Vickie was given a (rumored to be lifetime) contract with the company as appreciation for her husband's contributions and as a way to support her two daughters.
- Power Stable: La Familia, which included Edge, Zack Ryder, Curt Hawkins, Chavo Guerrero Jr, and Bam Neely.
- Screaming Woman: Pretty much anytime she's less than calm. After several years of this gimmick, it's a wonder her voice works at all.
- Screw the Rules, I Make Them!
- Slap The Son Of A Bitch: Gives one to Michael Cole after he "won" the Dance off.
- Tyrant Takes the Helm: Usually when she's in a position of power.
- Downplayed recently, as she's become a sycophantic pawn to the Mcmahon family's whims... which is Fridge Brilliance when you realize she's been fired once before and doesn't want to take a chance on it happening again.
- Villainous Breakdown: Had one on the July 8, 2013 episode of Raw when Stephanie McMahon fired her from her job as the managing supervisor of Raw.
- Wild Card: She's still a cackling, evil witch, but now her fiats have less to do with whether you're a face or a heel than they do with whether or not you personally pissed her off recently. One example of this is when The Authority forced her into a match with longtime Arch-Enemy AJ Lee as punishment for her mismanagement of a previous show. AJ, who has been a heel for most of the year, made Vickie tap and took great relish in it (since Guerrero had stolen her job as GM earlier that year) The very following Smackdown, Vickie retaliates by placing AJ in a tornado handicap match (as in the two members of the other team don't have to tag in/out) against Cameron and Naomi.
- Woman Scorned: Towards Dolph Ziggler, ever since he left her for AJ Lee... although that looks pretty tame compared to what she did to Edge...
- You Have Failed Me: On the October 29, 2012 edition of Raw, after Beth Phoenix needed her match restarted to beat AJ, Vickie fired her backstage.
"I SAID "EXCUSE ME!!"