(born on May 29, 1986) better known in WWE as Hornswoggle and formerly known as Little Bastard, is a midget wrestler. In fact, you might consider him the
midget wrestler. His popularity with younger viewers rivals even that of John Cena
, leading him to become WWE's most prolific entertainer.
In 2007, Pro Wrestling Illustrated
named him "Rookie of the Year.'' Despite the fact that he actually began his career in 2004.That Other Wiki
has a rundown
of his career.
- Arch-Enemy: The Boogeyman and Little Boogeyman, Jamie Noble, Vince McMahon (teased to be his father), D-Generation X, Chavo Guerrero Jr. Most recently, El Torito.
- Ascended Extra: Probably not the original intention but Bradshaw did have an offhand mention about an "Irish toad" named Hornswoggle in one of his promos. He even has a frog themed finishing move.
- Bad Boss: He was the anonymous Raw general manager. And while he was, he was an asshole to everyone not named Michael Cole. And sometimes, not even Cole was spared.
- Beard of Evil/Badass Beard: Really grew it out during his feud with Boogeyman's Little Boogeyman.
- Byronic Hero: During his "feud" with Melina Perez. He was an unashamed pervert who upon being introduced to her by Vince McMahon pounced on and started kissing her. Hornswoggle would go on to strip Melina naked, twice. On the other hand, she was only "dating" him for a shot at the women's championship.
- Face-Heel Turn: Just to cement it, he's sided with 3MB against the more popular El Torrito.
- Facial Markings: Put them on to show he was no longer scared of the Boogeyman. He still was scared as ever but had gotten over his fear of Little Boogeyman, so there's that.
- Fast Ball Special: This was originally his entire purpose for being on TV, as the thought was having Finley throw him at people would make Finley less likeable. It did not work, not at first anyway.
- Fighting Irish: Eventually, he started out more as projectile Finley used but eventually became one
- Finishing Move: Tadpole (Frog) Splash
- Flipping the Bird: John Cena ducked when Finley threw the little bastard, so he instead collided with Michael Cole and started biting him. After this Cole received an elegantly worded, profanity filled email from "Hornswoggle" detailing why he hated Michael Cole and put a drawing of two raised middle fingers at the end. The message was reproduced on WWE.com but is no longer up, sadly.
- Karma Houdini: His penchant for mischief often goes unpunished. This was especially bad when he maked an idiot out of Chavo Guerrero.
- Kid-Appeal Character: And it worked incredibly well, in the face of all the backlash fans of the cruiserweight division, fans of Jamie Noble and those of Chavo Guerrero had for his antics. When Degeneration X announced he had the night off they got booed!
- Leprechaun: What he was implied to be at first, because he was small, dressed like a leprechaun and palled around Finlay. Melina said this was the proper term when Jillian Hall called him a midget.
- Little Guy, Big Buddy/Vitriolic Best Buds: Had this relationship with Finlay.
- Mascot: For the SmackDown! team at Bragging Rights 2010.
- Nice Hat: Once he got a name and stopped being the little bastard.
- Odd Friendship: His best known ones are with Finlay, DX and The Great Khali.
- Parts Unknown: "The End of the Rainbow"
- Pint-Sized Powerhouse
- He hit John Cena's Attitude Adjustment on Tyson Kidd, who is over a foot taller and some 50 pounds heavier than he is.
- During his feud with Chavo Guerrero he interfered on Evan Bourne's behalf while he wrestled Chavo at a live event at the Perani Arena in Flint Michigan then carried Bourne around on his shoulders to celebrate the victory.
- Power Stable: King Booker's Court
- Red Baron: (as Shortstack in the Wisconsin scene): "The World's Sexiest Midget"
- Shout-Out: To Looney Toones during his "Cruiserweight Champion" and "Bastard Son" phase. Jamie Noble set "traps" for him. Hornswoggle even had a bit where he "painted" a door on a wall and "ran" through it to escape Carlito, who couldn't follow. Hornswoggle also attempted to blow up Johnathan Coachman with explosives.
- Spotlight-Stealing Squad: This more than anything else is why Hornswoggle started to get on some viewer's nerves. Finley's theme became Hornswoggle's theme. Hornswoggle became Vince McMahon's bastard son. The cruiserweight division died with Hornswoggle. Hornswoggle segments became an integral part of celebrity guest host stint Raw went through. Hornswoggle joined Degeneration X. There were much less complaints when he was just Finley's weaponized sidekick.
- Stock Sound Effect: When sending Michael Cole emails, the arena lights would flash to a general prompt. Christian mocked this reproducing the sound on his phone and declaring it must be an email from Raw's general manager.
- Super Spit: He has made use of the green mist
- The Unintelligible: He "spoke" in grunts and growls. Then he was granted a wish by Santa Claus so he could talk normally.note
- Unrelated Wrestling Family: On the September 10, 2007 Raw, he was revealed to be Vince McMahon's "illegitimate son." Then it was changed to his being Finlay's son before the whole thing was dropped altogether.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: His debut (in which Finlay pulled him out from under the ring, threw him on his opponent, and put him back under) was originally intended to be this; a leprechaun appearing and suddenly leaving as quickly as he came. However, it was decided that he should make further appearances.
- Ur Example: As Shortstack, he was the inaugural NWA Wisconsin X-Division Champion.