Wrestling / 3MB
Jinder Mahal, Heath Slater, Drew McIntyre
WE'RE A THREE-MAN BAAAAAAAND!!!
(also referred to as The Band, The Three Man Band, The International House of Hits, The Trio, Slater Group, or Encore) was a heel professional wrestling stable in WWE, consisting of Jinder Mahal
, Drew McIntyre
, and Heath Slater
. It was formed on the September 21, 2012 episode of WWE SmackDown
, when McIntyre and Mahal saved Slater from a match against Brodus Clay
joined the team in 2014. The team dissolved in 2014 after Drew and Jinder were released.
"More tropes than one!":
- Air Guitar: Practically their signature pose
- Arch-Enemy: Los Matodores.
- Beard of Evil: Jinder, Drew and Hornswoggle
- Breakup Breakout: Inifitally, it seemed that Heath Slater would be this, with both Drew and Jinder being released from the WWE. Both of the latter however worked their butts off in the indies during that time. Drew became an indie darling resulting in him being signed as a major acquisition for NXT. Jinder on the other hand got in shape, got resigned sooner than Drew and, after jobbing for a bit, got a push that saw him defeat Randy Orton for the WWE World Championship.
- Butt Monkey: All three.
- Charlie Brown from Outta Town: In the 11/11/13 Episode of RAW, which takes place in Manchester, England, they come out as "The Union Jacks," basically trading in their black leather tights and jackets for tights and jackets emblazoned with the Union Jack. It doesn't help.
- It does on the 11/13/13 match on Main Event however, also overseas.
- But then they lost on the 11/15/13 Episode of Smackdown!, and since this ends the Europeon Tour, the "Union Jacks" will more than likely end with a 1-2 Record.
- They've also made appearances as "The Rhinestone Cowboys" in Nashville, "The Fabulous 3Birds," and "The Plymouth Rockers."
- The Comically Serious: Jinder's role as "the fun one" in the 3MB.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: On a recent episode of RAW, 3MB tried to call out The Shield, which probably wouldn't have ended well. Instead, they got Brock Lesnar, which ended worse - especially for poor Heath Slater.
- Culture Equals Costume: Jinder wears the Sikh version of a turban to the ring.
- The Dark Chick: Heath.
- Eviler Than Thou: On the receiving end of this recently, as their attempt to jump HHH resulted in them getting beaten down by The Shield before they made their own run against HHH. The following week, 3MB calling out The Shield resulted in Brock Lesnar demolishing the three of them.
- Finishing Move: Drew uses the Future Shock (Double Arm DDT), Heath uses a Zig Zag variation called Sweetness, and Jinder mostly uses the Camel Clutch.
- More recently, Slater went through several finishers before settling on the Smash Hit(elevated/Impaler DDT). Mahal occasionally uses a full nelson slam to end matches.
- Foreign Wrestling Heel: Played straight with Jinder, subverted by Drew.
- Guyliner: Drew McIntyre
- Hell-Bent for Leather: All three of them.
- Hollywood Tone-Deaf: Heath cannot sing.
- However, Drew can sing very well, and has even released a song in the past. But of course, WWE doesn't tell you that...
- Ineffectual Sympathetic Villain: If WWE wasn't trying to paint them with this brush from the beginning, it's almost certainly the case now that they've come off worse in a couple of confrontations with The Shield.
- Informed Ability: We're consistently informed by Michael Cole that they are talented musicians. We have yet to see any evidence of this.
- Running Gag: We have yet to hear them sing, and God knows they try to. Also, the mention of their debut single, which always conveniently runs into some sort of issue every time they promise it.
- Jobber: Their main purpose as a group were to get their asses kicked and look hilarious while doing it.
- Man in White/Light Is Not Good —> Dark Is Evil/Paint It Black: Jinder went from lily-white ring gear to black as a member of 3MB.
- Mascot: 3MB picked up a fourth member in Hornswoggle, who is part of 3MB as part of his feud with El Torito of Los Matadores.
- Mass "Oh, Crap!": The aforementioned call-out of The Shield... and then Brock Lesnar's music hit.
- Nice Hat: All three have worn hats during their time in 3MB
- Jinder used to put his old hat in a case for safety.
- Overshadowed by Awesome: It's tough to be a Terrible Trio in WWE when there are not one, but two legitimately threatening threesomes running rampant in the company.
- Permastubble: Heath has a Ginger Permastubble, to boot.
- Red Baron:
- Drew was "The Sinister Scotsman." and The Chosen One
- Heath was "The One-Man Rock Band." Despite his comparatively low importance, this is mentioned on any occasion he's competing in the ring. Or the "The One-Man Southern Rock Band".
- Jinder is "The Maharajah of Metal."
- Small Name, Big Ego: All of them naturally think they are bigger stars than they really are.
- Terrible Trio: Until they teamed up with Hornswoggle and actually started winning matches. Insert "luck of the Irish" joke here___.
- Too Dumb to Live/Bullying a Dragon: Or at least bullying a dragon's ring announcer and his only friend and wrecking another dragon's set and attacking him too. 3MB got the bright idea of challenging The Miz and Alberto Del Rio to a three-on-three tag team match after the two promptly beat the hell out of them for pissing them off...forgetting that both are not only highly decorated wrestlers, but also former world champions. The farthest they've ever gone for all three is an Intercontinental Championship for McIntyre, and that was over three years ago.
- Then there was the aforementioned calling out The Shield, who would've undoubtedly kicked their asses had they actually come out. Instead, they got Brock Lesnar, who was undeniably worse.
- Not so, both Drew (with Cody Rhodes) and Heath (with Justin Gabriel) are also former tag team champions. That is at least on part with IC.
- Underwear of Power: Played straight for Jinder and Drew, averted with Heath.
- Villain Team-Up: They figured, since their singles careers weren't going anywhere, they should team up instead.
- WTH, Casting Agency?: When the idea of forming a rock band-themed wrestling team crosses your mind, you probably wouldn't have thought of putting Jinder Mahal in it.
- Jobbers: Forming the 3MB hasn't improved their fortunes much in the ring.
- Violent Glaswegian: Good god, Drew during his single run Other than not actually being from Glasgow (he was born in Ayr and is billed as such), he fits the bill perfectly.
- We Have Many Names: The group had a lot of names floating around (see above) before they settled on Three Man Band (3MB)
- Weapon of Choice: While Drew had a cast he used that as a weapon behind the ref's back.
- Wrestling Family: Jinder is the nephew of wrestler Gama Singh.