(b. 1983) is an American Professional Wrestler
from Pineville, WV currently signed to WWE
as Heath Slater.
He debuted in 2004 in the Georgia wrestling scene. In 2006, he signed a developmental deal with WWE and was assigned to their short-lived Deep South Wrestling promotion. When DSW was abandoned in 2007, Miller was sent down to Florida Championship Wrestling. In 2010, he was introduced to WWE audiences as Heath Slater as part of the first class of "rookies" on WWE NXT
, which, of course, led to the debut of The Nexus
. After that group broke up, he spent time in Wade Barrett
's group the Corre. Presently, he is the leader of 3MB
. Among his in-ring achievements, he is a former FCW Southern Heavyweight Champion
, a former FCW Florida Heavyweight Champion
, a former FCW Florida Tag Team Champion
with Joe Hennig (Michael McGillicutty/Curtis Axel)
, and a 3x WWE Tag Team Champion
with Justin Gabriel
He is in no way connected to 1980s-1990s wrestler Dick Slater.
As usual, you can find the basics at The Other Wiki
"The One Trope Southern Rock Band":
- Action Dad: To daughter Snow.
- Breakup Breakout: Arguable, as he has yet to win a singles title in WWE.
- Butt Monkey: Most of his 2011-2012 run. As of summer 2012, looks like he's finally moving up the ladder.
- Cancellation: He defeated Scotty Beach for the GCW Television Championship on June 6, 2006, which was renamed the GCW Columbus Heavyweight Title since GCW no longer had a TV show.
- The Chew Toy: His main purpose leading up to Raw's 1000th episode was to get destroyed by legends/veterans. In fact, most of the references to him on the Awesome/[Insert name of wrestler/promotion/show] pages are about him getting beaten up or losing, with the only exception being the mention on the Raw page about his participation in the Nexus Riot. Heck, just based on that, he's a heel John Cena without a push.
- The Dark Chick: Within the Five-Bad Band structure of the Nexus.
- Deep South: Tries to imitate a lot of the stereotypes. Problem is, he's from West Virginia, which isn't really "south" at all.
- Defector from Decadence: Twice with Justin Gabriel.
- The Enforcer: For the Corre
- Evil Redhead/Celebrity Resemblance: Cena infamously labeled him "The chick from Wendy's".
- Finishing Move: Sweetness.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Justin Gabriel. Well, at least until he proclaimed that their tag team was over.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: On the 1000th episode of Raw, he challenged any Legend to a no DQ, no count out match. Lita answered the challenge. Although she did hire herself some protection. Enter the APA! Heath decided to bail, but was stopped by all the other Legends he'd gone up against, who promptly threw him back in the ring and one Twist of Fate and a Clothesline from Hell later, Lita was victorious.
- I Have Many Names: He has also used Sebastian Slater and Heath Wallace Miller Esq., the latter as the manager for Shawn Osbourne in FCW.
- Informed Ability: We're consistently informed by Michael Cole that he's a talented musician. We have yet to see any evidence of this.
- Jobber: 3MB rarely win, to the degree that, when their matches are posted on WWE's YouTube channel, the commenters inevitably ask, "Does 3MB ever win?"
- Permastubble: Ginger Permastubble, to boot.
- Power Stable: The Nexus and the Corre
- Red Baron: When he was in FCW he was "Handsome" Heath Miller.
- "The One-man Rock Band." Despite his comparatively low importance, this is mentioned on any occasion he's competing in the ring.
- Recently christened "The One-Man Southern Rock Band".
- Running Gag: He picked up a gimmick during RAW, for the upcoming 1000th episode, by cutting promos, only to have a legend come out and kick his ass or otherwise humiliate him. His only victory was against Doink the Clown note ...even that didn't end well, though. See Your Princess Is in Another Castle below.
- Genre Savvy: He got savvy enough that he expected to be in a match with a legend as the weeks went by. Was a bit Wrong Genre Savvy when he was on SmackDown!, feeling he was safe, since all his encounters with the legends had been on Raw. Enter Road Warrior Animal.
- And again he issued another challenge to current superstar. Randy Orton returns.
- Tag Team: 3MB
- Talk Show with Fists: "The Happy Hour," briefly in FCW. It was where he started his first feud, with Billy Kidman who was retired and working as a trainer/agent.
- Underwear of Power: He now wears pants.
- The Villain Sucks Song: I hate you, Heath Slater!
- Villain Team-Up: With Jinder Mahal and Drew McIntyre as the 3 Man Band.
- Your Princess Is in Another Castle: Slater (who had endured a run of getting embarrassed by several weeks worth of over-the-hill returning legends) finally got a win against Doink the Clown. Then an audio cue hit... "BANG!!" Out comes DDP, ostensibly to congratulate Slater on finally winning a match. Instead, Slater eats a Diamond Cutter.