(born August 27, 1948), better known by his ring name Sgt Slaughter
, is an American former WWE
personality and semi-retired professional wrestler. From the late 1970s to the early 1990s, Slaughter had success in the National Wrestling Alliance
, American Wrestling Association
, and World Wrestling Federation. In the 1980s, an alternate version of the Sgt. Slaughter character was incorporated into the GI Joe: A Real American Hero
toy line as well as its animated series and comic books. Among his in-ring achievements, he is a former WWE World Heavyweight Champion
, a former 2x NWA (Mid-Atlantic) United States Heavyweight Champion
and a former NWA (Mid-Atlantic version) World Tag Team Champion
with Don Kernodle.
"READ MY TROPES YOU MAGGOTS, AND THAT'S AN ORDER!":
- All American Face: He first debuted in WWF using his old Drill Sergeant Nasty gimmick, but as a soldier he was in a good position to stand up for the US of A against The Iron Sheik and turn face.
- Arch-Enemy: (as a heel in NWA Mid-Atlantic): Ricky Steamboat, Jay Youngblood; (as a face in WWE): The Iron Sheik, Nikolai Volkoff; (as a face in the AWA): The Sheik's Army; (as a heel in WWE): Hulk Hogan, the Ultimate Warrior.
- Bald of Evil: As a heel.
- Celebrity Toons/Hey, It's That Voice! (Did you know he was a member of G.I. Joe?)
- Not only was he made into a G.I. Joe character, he voiced all his cartoon appearances.
- Cool Shades
- Death from Above: The Slaughter Cannon, his top rope clothesline.
- Drill Sergeant Nasty: His original heel gimmick.
- Even Evil Has Standards: He wanted to beat the daylights out of the New Age Outlaws when they threw a dumpster that had Terry Funk and Mick Foley. Keep in mind, he's one of the henchmen of Vince McMahon and they were shocked on what happened.
- Finishing Move: The Cobra Clutch.
- During his Iraqi heel run, he also used the Camel Clutch and...a move often referred to as the "Atomic Noogie."
- General Ripper: Slaughter couldn't accept that the Cold War ended peacefully and thought it was an evil trick by the USSR. He was infuriated that the United States fans would accept Nikolai Volkoff's face turn. He ended up turning heel over it.
- I Have Many Names: The Super Destroyer II, Bob Slaughter, "Beautiful" Bob Remus, Sgt. Slaughter
- Irony: In his PPV debut, against Col. DeBeers at AWA SuperClash III, the guys who ran in to attack him were the Iron Sheik and Sheik Adnan Al-Kaissie, who would later be his allies as the repackaged Col. Mustafa and General Adnan, respectively, as part of the Iraqi sympathizer gimmick.
- Lantern Jaw of Justice
- Large Ham
- Military Maverick
- Nice Hat
- No Indoor Voice
- One-Man Army (If he's a Face)
- Power Stable:
- The Quisling: His heel role in the 90s.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Split from the AWA in mid-1990 during the disastrous Team Challenge Series, where he was the leader of Slaughter's Snipers, to go to WWE. Col. DeBeers took over his team, and it was renamed DeBeers' Diamondcutters.
- Sergeant Rock
- Tag Team: The Cobra Corps, which had a few different versions.
- In WWE in the mid-1980s, it was with Pvt. Terry Daniels
- In the AWA, with Greg "Rambo" Gagne
- In NWA Mid-Atlantic, it was the name for the trio of himself and the Privates (Don Kernodle and Pvt. Nelson [James "Boris Zhukov" Darrell]).
- The Triangle of Terror, with Col. Mustafa (The Iron Sheik) and Gen. Adnan (Sheik Adnan Al-Kaissie)
"TV TROPES, you MAGGOTS, you are DISMISSED!!! AND THAT'S AN ORDER!"