(b. 1975) is an American Professional Wrestler
from Dearborn, MI best known for his work in ECW
as either Rhino
He debuted in 1994 as Terry Richards
, competing in the Detroit independent scene and doing some TV jobs for WWE and WCW
. He changed his name to Rhino Richards and, along with working in the Midwest and Canada, also competed for the Catch Wrestling Association in Austria/Germany. In 1999, he debuted in ECW simply as "Rhino," as muscle for Steve Corino in Corino's feud with Taz
. He would go on to hold the ECW World Television Title
twice and would be the final ECW World Heavyweight Champion
. After ECW closed, he signed with WWE and debuted, renamed "Rhyno," on the March 19, 2001 Raw,
aligning himself with his old allies Edge
from their days in the Canadian indy scene. He would switch to the Alliance. Over his time in WWE, he would hold the WWE Hardcore Title
three times and the WCW United States Heavyweight Title
once. After WWE released him in 2005, he went off to TNA where he reclaimed the original spelling of "Rhino." He would hold the NWA World Heavyweight Title
once. He later spent time in Ring of Honor
before going back to the independents.
As usual, you can find the basics at The Other Wiki
"These tropes are going to feel the GORE! GORE! GORE!":
- Animal Motif
- The Bad Guy Wins: He Squashed the Sandman for the ECW World Heavyweight Title at the end of ECW's final PPV, Guilty As Charged 2001, meaning ECW had a heel as its final Champion.
- Badass Moustache
- The Big Guy: As a face.
- The Dragon: To Steve Corino, though he was The Brute for the Network.
- I Did What I Had to Do: He explained that he joined Immortal because he needed the money to help him take care of his children.
- Leotard of Power
- The Napoleon: Rhino is not a small man and is used to being among the largest men on any given roster. In WWE however, there were many larger men such as Rosey and Kane, though it was clear Rhino still thought of himself as the big guy and had a hard time accepting he no longer was.
- No Sell: No sold a series of punches and elbows from Rock Star Spud. Then Spud started doing knife edge chops to which the crowd chanted "Woo" but Rhino still wasn't selling anything.
- Power Stable:
- (Canadian indies): THUG Life (with Adam Copeland, Christian Cage, Joe E. Legend, & "Bloody" Bill Skullion)
- (in ECW): The Network
- (in WWF/E): Team RECK, The Alliance
- (in TNA): Planet Jarrett, The TNA Front Line, Immortal, EV2.0
- (in ROH): The House of Truth, The Embassy, S.C.U.M.
- (in JAPW): D-Factor
- Psycho for Hire
- Certainly in ROH. His first role was as Prince Nana's bodyguard, then he was switched to the House of Truth then S.C.U.M. used him to attack Jay Lethal.
- For La Legion Extranjera in AAA
- One of many working for Ethan Carter The Third in TNA
- Put on a Bus: After doing Immortal's dirty work, he was denied a new contract.
- Ramming Always Works: GORE!! GORE!!! GORE!!!!
- Real Life Writes the Plot: His first NWA World Title reign in TNA. At Bound for Glory 2005, Kevin Nash was supposed to fight (and allegedly put over) Jeff Jarrett, but was held out due to chest pains that morning. Ultimately, Rhino won a Guantlet for the Gold match, then beat Jarrett to win the title, undergoing a Heel-Face Turn in the process. He would drop the title less than a month later, but he'd remain a face for some time to come.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Delivers one to Ethan Carter III in the August 20th, 2014 episode of TNA Impact Wrestling.
- Red Baron (in ECW): "The Rookie Monster," "The Big F'n Deal"
- (in WWE): "The Man-Beast"
- (in TNA): "The War Machine"
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The Red to Chris Benoit's blue
- Rhino Rampage: Of course. Tazz described Ethan Carter The Third's demands that he face him as throwing him to Rhinos.
- Screaming Warrior
- Sell Out
- He turned on EV 2.0 for Eric Bischoff's Immortal, because Eric Bischoff could ensure his income.
- He claimed to have personal reasons for siding with "Dixie Land" but Ethan Carter The Third came clean and said Rhino was only with him because ECIII paid well.
- Theme Song:
- (in CWA in Europe): Metallica's "For Whom the Bell Tolls"
- (in ECW): Body Count's "Body Count's in the House"
- Dope's "Debonaire"
- Unstoppable Rage
- Would Hit a Girl: He piledrove the Sandman's wife Lori through a table back in ECW.
- Xtreme Kool Letterz: Rhyno.