James Cox, better known by his ring name "Cowboy" James Storm,
is an American professional wrestler currently employed by TNA. He is a former 5x TNA World Tag Team Champion
and a former TNA World Heavyweight Champion
As usual, you can find the basics at The Other Wiki
"Sorry, about your damn tropes!":
- The Alcoholic/Drunken Master: Well, he did ride a beer cooler to the ring, and he still carries at least one bottle almost everywhere he goes.
- Arch-Enemy: Triple X (Christopher Daniels/Low Ki/Elix Skipper), Daniels/AJ Styles, Rhino, LAX, Team 3-D, the New Church
- Badass Beard
- Badass Longcoat: His entire career in TNA, with the exception of most of Beer Money's run.
- Bash Brothers: A frequent tag specialist, Storm has held the TNA tag team titles with three different partners.
- Boring Invincible Hero: A complaint of the IWC. Not so much that he's invincible, but Storm's "drunken cowboy" character to many fans has grown stale and they feel he needs a reboot, not unlike his former partner Bobby Roode, who went from "rich tycoon" to "It Factor".
- Breakup Breakout: The more successful member of his previous team with Chris Harris (AKA Braden Walker), America's Most Wanted. Subverted with Beer Money, while Storm has become more popular (as in being the face), Bobby Roode has been more successful when it comes to winning titles.
- Catch Phrase: "Sorry, about your damn luck!"
James Storm: BEER!
Bobby Roode: MONEY!
- Cool Hat
- Expy: Considered to be one of both "Stone Cold" Steve Austin and Shawn Michaels.
- Good Is Dumb: Dumb enough to put his number 1 contendership on the line just because Bobby Roode made a comment about his daughter. He lost.
- Grievous Bottley Harm: He "blinded" Chris Harris by hitting him with a beer bottle.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: Remember when he turned on Chris Harris and ended AMW by doing this? Beer Money ended the other way around.
- Jerkass Has a Point: Storm complaining about Gunner stealing the World Title case and throwing in the towel during Storm's tournament match with Bobby Roode, which took place the night after Roode ambushed Storm in a bar. While Storm really has no room to argue on losing out on the "Feast or Fired" briefcase (Gunner low-shotted him and took the case, which had the World Title shot) since it was every man for themselves, he does bring up that he's been in bar fights before and doesn't always wrestle at 100% the following night. Plus, he specifically told Gunner not to get involved in his street fight with Roode, and yet there he was throwing in the towel.
- He also accused Gunner of sabotaging him by telling Roode where he was that night so that Roode would jump him. You'd think this is Insane Troll Logic, since he has no evidence of this and it's probably more likely Roode took an educated guess based on being his tag team partner for 3½ years, but stranger things have happened in wrestling.
- Papa Wolf: Messing with his daughter has serious consequences. Just ask Bobby Roode.
- Power Stable:
- Planet Jarrett
- Fourtune-> Fortune
- Red Baron: "The Tennessee Cowboy"
- Shout-Out: Does the last name of Storm and the Last Call Superkick, remind anyone of a certain Lance Storm?
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork: Had this with Bobby Roode in a recent one-night Beer Money reunion.
- Weapon of Choice: Beer bottle.
- Wrestling Doesn't Pay: For a small period his character had the makings of a Bad-Guy Bar called "Storm's Bar & Grille" in the works, with Bobby Roode hanging around the place. Knowing Roode's character at the time, one could've implied that he'd made an investment into Storm's venture. This idea would be dropped when they became Beer Money, however.
"Sorry about YOUR DAMN LUCK!"