Asistencia Asesoría y Administración (AAA, or Triple A)
is a Mexican Professional Wrestling
, or, as it is known there, lucha libre,
promotion. It was started by Antonio Peña in 1992 when he broke away from Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre (CMLL)
. Peña brought with him Konnan
, and also picked up Rey Misterio Jr.
from the Tijuana scene and gave La Parka
his gimmick. Over the years, AAA has worked with WWE
, and currently works with both TNA
's Pro Wrestling NOAH
. A lot of their talent are also now wrestling in Robert Rodriguez
's wrestling show, Lucha Underground
As usual, you can find the basics at The Other Wiki
Tropes Associadas con AAA
- Action Girl: They have a female division, which is comprised by both national and foreigner females who actually kick butts (although the foreigner ones are rather fanservicey, since the national ones are more conservative, with a notable exception in Sexy Star).
- Alliterative Name: So maybe it should be AAyA?
- Artifact Title: El Mega Triple Campeon de AAA is actually a four time title holder, five if you count the trident championship, though he was originally just El Mega Campeon de AAA so guess he just got tired of counting.
- Author Avatar: Konnan, who coincidentally was booker during some of the promotions hottest years while it had a partnership with WCW. Actually a case study in how this trope can be used well when compared to contemporary WCW booking.
- Badass Beard: Ozz has a braided beard.
- Badass Cape: Path Finder had an awesome golden body suit with a red cape attached.
- Bald Woman:La Nazi would shave Chica de Arabia. La Practicante would have her head shaved by Xóchitl Hamada. Rossy Moreno would later try to have Xóchitl shaved but also end up bald at her hands, which caused the rest of the Moreno family to go after Xóchitl but just wound up with Rossy bald again.
- Battle Couple: Xóchitl Hamada and Pentagón Black. AAA, either purposefully or not, encourages this kind of thing with its World Mixed Tag Team Championship, such as when Christina Von Eerie found her partner, Alex Koslov, was falling for her.
- Bigger Bad: Currently, Dorian Roldan (Joaquin's treacherous son).
- Big Bad Duumvirate: Dorian allies himself with Konnan and Hijo del Perro Aguayo, who are the current Top Heels.
- Big Good: Antonio Peña, and later his son-in-law Joaquin Roldan when Peña passed away.
- Canon Foreigner: There was a wrestler called Border Patrol, representing TNA.
- The Chosen One: There's a Masked Luchador called El Elegido.
- Cross Over: Has these with TNA, which for a time was considered its sister promotion. Used to have crossovers with Puerto Rican organization looking to go international WWL and seeks to have them with Jeff Jarrett's conceptual GWF.
- Dark-Skinned Blonde: León Negro, like a lion's mane, until he was unmaksed and revealed to have brown hair.
- Darker and Edgier: The 2010+ "Sin Limite" years invoke this trope.
- Facial Markings: Cuervo, Charley Manson, Escoria, Espiritu, Ozz and others instead of the traditional mask.
- Feather Motif: Most of the Apaches wear feathered headdresses
- Fire Balls: El Mesías has appropriately fallen back on this trick, given how the attempt to kill him off went.
- Foreign Wrestling Heel:
- Los Gringos Locos (Eddie Guerrero and "Love Machine" Art Barr) would wear American flag design jackets.
- The Headhunters (A and B)
- La Legión Extranjera (Led by Konnan. Merged with Los Perros del Mal, La Milicia, Los Maniacos/La Maniarquia and later El Consejo to form La Sociedad).
- Glasgow Grin: Monster Clown has a double Glasgow grin!
- Heel-Face Revolving Door: Like many promotions, wrestlers tend to change to Técnico or Rudo.
- Horned Humanoid: Murder Clown and Dark Unicorn
- Latin Lover: There is a wrestler with this name, was part of this company.
- Lava Pit: Cibernético tried to permanently do away with his would be usurper, Muerte Cibernética, by throwing his casket into an active volcano! This lead to El Mesías clawing his way from the depths of hell to take his revenge.
- Maniac Tongue: Psycho Clown, unsurprisingly
- Masked Luchador: Well, duh.
- Mini Mook: Taken a step further than CMLL with the AAA Mascot Tag Team Championship, which must be held by a wrestler and a smaller wrestler with a riff on his own gimmick (or alternatively, wrestler and a larger wrestler with a riff on his gimmick)
- Monster Clown: There is a wrestler with this name. He's part of the Psycho Circus which also included Murder Clown and Psycho Clown.
- Mr. Fanservice: The super acrobatic and highly flexible Jack Evans, no attempt was made to hide the fact they used him to pander to girls and such.
- Nice Hat: Zombie Clown's tiny tilted top hat.
- Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot: Estrellita is Sailor Moon+Britney Spears as a wrestler.
- Non Indicative Name: The company's name translates to "Advisory and Management Assistance," which does not at all sound like the name of a wrestling promotion.
- Paint It Black: Súper Fly's white&black outfit gradually became more and more black, becoming all black when he ran La Milicia.
- Pint Sized Power House: Antonio Peña was the one who came up with the Mini-Estrella division. And when he left CMLL, many Mini-Estrellas followed him, including the ultra popular Mascarita Sagrada and Espectrito. They've since appeared in the AAA main event, most famously at Triplemanía III-A.
- Pirate: Pirata Morgan, whose mask only has one eye hole.
- Power Stable: MANY.
- Put on a Bus: While many wrestlers jumped from CMLL to AAA, there are many superstars who would end up leaving the triple A promotion, like Latin Lover, Intocable, Alebrije w/Cuije, Billy Boy, Estrellita, Tiffany, and more. Particularly, Dark Angel after unmasking and being given signs to carry instead of matches to wrestle.
- Real Song Theme Tune: As with every mexican wrestling promotion. Here's a few examples:
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Path Finder's mask has red eyes anyway.
- Ring Oldies: La Parka Jr. still getting it done at 49, Stelaris's beautiful step up planchas at 54.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Peña left CMLL so he could have more creative freedom.
- Sibling Team: Los Villanos.
- Start My Own: This is that own.
- Tag Team: MANY.
- Tag Team Twins: The Headhunters (A and B).
- The Smurfette Principle: Tiffany was the only woman in Lucha Libre Latina, a stable mostly made up of exoticos, gorgeous Georges and (unambiguously straight male) delinquents.
- Whip It Good: El Texano with his lasso.
- Wrestling Family
- The Hamadas, Guerreros and Alvarados were among those who jumped ship from CMLL. The younger members such as Muñeca de Plata, Chavo Guerrero Jr and Ayako showed up in AAA first and had runs in CMLL later.
- With the exception of Lady Apache, the rest of the family, including Billy el Malo, have wrestled primarily for AAA since Gran Apache jumped ship.
- Wrestling Monster: Mesías is essentially a wrestling zombie, which seems to be a really popular type. Within AAA itself there is also Zombie Clown. There is also Vampiro and Monster Pain, first champion of the World Wrestling League.
- Writing Around Trademarks: X-Pac's group D-Generation MEX.