(b. 1974) is a retired American Professional Wrestler
from Allentown, PA best known for his work in WCW
as Billy Kidman
. He debuted in 1994 and first competed under the name Kid Flash.
He formed a tag team with Ace Darling called the Shooting Stars, and they competed in various promotions, winning the ECWA (Delaware) Tag Team Titles
and the USWA World Tag Team Titles
. He debuted in WCW in 1996 and spent his first year as a Jobber
. He got his first storyline when he climbed the guardrail and joined Raven
's Flock on the October 13, 1997 WCW Monday Nitro
. He turned face during the Raven-Perry Saturn
match at WCW Fall Brawl 98
, September 13, 1998, and, the following night on Nitro
, defeated Juventud Guerrera to win his first WCW World Cruiserweight Title
. He would hold the title 2 more times in WCW, along with holding the WCW World Tag Team Titles
twice, 1x w/Rey Mysterio Jr
and 1x w/Konnan
, and he and Rey would defeat Elix Skipper and Kid Romeo to be the second, and final, WCW World Cruiserweight Tag Team Champions
. When WWE bought WCW, Kidman was brought in as part of the InVasion/Alliance angle. During his WWE run, he would have four more reigns as Cruiserweight Champion and one run with the WWE SmackDown! Tag Team Title
with Paul London. WWE released him in 2005 and he toured the independents before returning in 2010 to work as a trainer. He was inducted into the ECWA Hall of Fame in 2004.
As usual, you can find the basics at The Other Wiki
"You can't powerbomb Kidman's tropes!":
- Arch-Enemy: His most significant feuds were with Chavo Guerrero Jr and Hulk Hogan.
- Doing It Wrong: The first time he tried to use the shooting star press in a match he landed in the same spot he jumped from. Specifically, he was trying to duplicate a move he saw Jushin Thunder Liger do. After that did not work he tucked his legs in and the shooting star press as we know it came about.
- Even Evil Has Standards: He tried to get Raven to lay off of Scotty Riggs after Raven had given Riggs the drop-toehold into the chair.
- Evil Costume Switch: In WWE. From white trunks to half-white/half-black trunks to black trunks.
- Face-Heel Turn: Turned Heel after a botched Shooting Star Press that resulted in severe concussion for Chavo Guerrero
- Finishing Move: Shooting Star Press, Kid Krusher, BK Bomb
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: While he was in The Flock, he essentially played a heroin addict, even naming his finisher "The Seven Year Itch."
- In a Single Bound: He could hit a running Shooting Star Press over the ropes to the floor.
- Last Name Basis: During, and for a while after, his tenure in The Flock.
- Limited Wardrobe: For much of his WCW run he seemed to constantly wear the same wifebeater and jean shorts.
- Power Stable:
- (in WCW): Raven's Flock, the Filthy Animals and the New Blood
- (in WWE): The Alliance
- Retired Badass: Works behind the scenes for WWE currently.
- The Runaway: In Bruce Mitchell's 1998 column about what he saw as the gay elements of Raven's Flock (see the Ho Yay entry on Raven's YMMV page), he wrote, "Billy Kidman has got the Bus Station Runaway look down cold."
- Schmuck Bait
- One of his signature moves was countering a powerbomb with a facebuster – even against opponents who never usually went for powerbombs!
- It got to the point where the move's unofficial name became YOU CAN'T POWERBOMB KIDMAN
- Tag Team: The Shooting Stars
- Villain SongYou can run, but then the invasion was over and Billy Kidman was a baby face. Until he injured Chavo Guerrero with the shooting star press and refused to do it, until fans asked for it and he purposefully set out to injure people with the move.
- Underwear of Power: Except for when he wore pants on Velocity
- Ur Example
- He actually was using the running-up-the-turnbuckles bulldog before Little Spike Dudley started using it in ECW. However, because Spike's version was actually named (the Acid Drop), once Kidman started getting a push, people thought that Kidman was doing Spike's move.
- While on Monday Night Nitro, Kidman was accused of stealing Low Ki's Ki Crusher by one of the Impact Championship Wrestling commentators, though devil's advocate suggested Kidman may have come to the same conclusion on his own without knowledge of who Low Ki was.
- We Used to Be Friends: With Paul London, that he turned on in the wake of injuring Chavo.
- Would Hit a Girl: He gave Jackie Gayda the BK Bomb on the October 7, 2004 SmackDown!.
- Wrestling Family: Ex-husband to Torrie Wilson. His cousin is Mikey Batts, who competed in the Florida independent scene as well as for TNA, OVW and some other promotions.
- You Can Run, but You Can't Hide: As mentioned above, his most notable WWE theme was titled "You Can Run."