Wrestling: Justin Gabriel
Paul Lloyd Jr
, better know as Justin Gabriel
, is a South African professional wrestler best known for his time in WWE
between 2010 and 2015. He's best known as a member of The Nexus
and The Corre. He started wrestling at 16 under the name PJ Black.
As usual, you can find the basics at The Other Wiki
"The Cape Trope Werewolf":
- Ambiguously Brown
- Ambiguously Gay: Both Otunga and Cena seem to think he is.
- Badass Beard: Had one in the beginning, but shaved it later. Which he then grew back.
- Bishōnen: Especially clean-shaven.
- Camp Straight
- Cast from Hit Points: His finisher wipes him out too.
- Celebrity Resemblance: To Leonardo DiCaprio
- The Dandy: The teased hair, earrings, and delicate features make him look like a scene kid.
- A Day in the Limelight: The beginning of his face turn he saw significantly more TV time and as well as a push. He was then dropped back down to jobber status.
- The Dragon: To Wade in the Nexus.
- Defeat Means Friendship: After he beat Tyson Kidd on WWE Superstars, the two started teaming.
- Defector from Decadence: Twice with Slater. First by refusing to be initiated into CM Punk's New Nexus, and later disbanding the Corre when Barrett tried to make it all about him again.
- Demoted to Extra: After The Nexus and Corre ended, his screen time was severely reduced.
- Everything's Better with Spinning: Or flipping, as it were. His Finishing Move is the 450 Splash.
- Finishing Move/Dangerous Forbidden Technique: The only wrestler currently in WWEnote to use the 450 splash. WWE's usually enforced a promotion-wide embargo on it due to various botches, but Gabriel's still allowed the use of it because he's that good at it.
- Fragile Speedster/Glass Cannon: A very fast, dangerous wrestler with a very lethal finisher, that's also very bad for him if he screws up.
- Heel-Face Turn: Let's see, good looks? Check. Likable personality? Check. High Flier? Check. Even WWE knew they couldn't keep him heel once the Corre and Nexus were done and turned him as soon as possible.
- I Have the High Ground: Does he ever!
- Jobber: Whenever he shows up outside of Main Event or Superstars lately.
- Mr. Fanservice: He competed in male modeling contests in South Africa in 2007 and 2008.
- Mythology Gag: His last name comes from the Archangel Gabriel, a Call Back to his FCW name, Justin Angel.
- Real Men Wear Pink
- Red Baron: Cape Town Werewolf.
- Something Completely Different: Wrestles a very Japanese style, with judo like throws, kicks and high flying fun.
- Underwear of Power
- We Used to Be Friends: With Slater. Until he thought Gabriel just held him down, thus their friendship ended.
- Wrestling Family: His father, Paul Lloyd Sr., was a trainer, promoter and wrestler under the name "The Pink Panther."