- Anime and Manga
- Comic Books
- Films – Animation
- Films – Live-Action
- Live-Action TV
- Video Games
- Web Comics
- Western Animation
open/close all folders
- Dungeon Keeper Ami sports Mercury and her "henchmen" youma, Tiger and Jadeite as the three most powerful players in Mercury's empire. Jadeite himself is the boss of a subset, With Umbra and Mareki often filling a role similar to henchmen. These groups, however, are not only quite successful in battle, but heroic in nature — making this an inversion.
- Titan's three henchponies Mysterious, Dementia, and Rep-Stallion from My Little Unicorn.
- Axis Powers Hetalia's fanbase has a bit of a meme of calling France, Prussia and Spain the "Bad Touch Trio". Though it's subverted as despite the name, they're not depicted as that terrible, more like a trio of comical Harmless Villains at worst and a standard Comic Trio at best.
- In The Keys Stand Alone: The Soft World; the three throwaway baddies outside the White Tower are nicknamed the Terrible Trio by the four, but they don't otherwise resemble the trope.
- In Hexane, the Drow Pimp, Asterion and Laravieve from three, although they're far more competent.
- Avril Lavigne (as an Alpha Bitch) and her two-girl Posse qualify as this in the music video for "Girlfriend". Meant to a parody on the alpha bitch trope, apparently.
- Stolen City's "Faces" has a trio of bullies who beat up a transgender girl in the street after discovering her secret.
- Somewhat disturbingly, TNA gave this treatment to Christian Cage, Tyson Tomko and AJ Styles, despite them being staples of the main event.
- Three MB: Jinder Mahal, Heath Slater and Drew McIntyre.
- For a brief period of time Dolph Ziggler, AJ Lee, and Big E Langston made up one of these. Ziggler, the domineering one, decided he didn't need the other two.
- Don John, Borachio, and Conrade in Shakespeare's Much Ado About Nothing.
- Homestar Runner
- Lenny, Bruce, and Melvin in Smosh Babies.
- The villains of Arby 'n' the Chief's 7th season: Eugene Black, Tyler King, and Colin Hunt.