Hyrule Warriors (ZELDA無双 Zelda Musou
) (working titles
) is a new Spin-Off
of The Legend of Zelda
produced by Nintendo
in collaboration with Tecmo Koei
. Announced by Nintendo during a Nintendo Direct on December 18th, 2013, it takes the gameplay of Dynasty Warriors
and gives it a Zelda
theme. It is set to release on the Wii U
worldwide in 2014.
Not to be confused with Hyrule Total War
This game contains the following tropes
- Conservation of Ninjutsu: Comes naturally with the territory. The very numerous Bokoblins go down in droves, whereas the more infrequent Lizalfos and Dodongos take longer to bring down.
- Dinosaurs Are Dragons: King Dodongo is seen in the teaser in his Ocarina of Time incarnation, complete with a Rolling Attack.
- Elite Mook: Lizalfos appear to be this, due to only one appearing in a horde of Bokoblins in the teaser.
- King Mook: King Dodongo, to no surprise.
- One-Man Army: Link, more so than usual.
- Playing with Fire: The Fire Rod returns in this game, though instead of just shooting out flames, it can also create a whirlpool of flame to draw enemies in.
- Red Shirt Army: Looks like Link will be joined by the knights of Hyrule for the first time.
- Scarf Of Ass Kicking: Link has one in this game in addition to his usual attire.
- Shout-Out: Several of Link's moves from his guest appearance in Soul Calibur II, particularly the Cyclone Slash, make an appearance.
- Stuff Blowing Up: As usual, Link has bombs in his Hyper Space Arsenal. This time, however, he can spam several bombs at once to take out multiple enemies.
- Took a Level in Badass: Link's moveset has been seriously upgraded to accommodate the Dynasty Warriors style gameplay.
- X Meets Y: The Legend of Zelda meets Dynasty Warriors