- Anime and Manga
- Comic Books
- Animated Films
- Live-Action Films
- Live-Action TV
- Tabletop Games
- Video Games
- Web Comics
- Web Original
- Western Animation
open/close all folders
- In Hsu and Chan "Pocket Morons Platinum", the Charmander-spoof Gila Mobster performs the Flamethrower attack by taking a swig off his flask & blowing it through the cigarette lighter he holds in his tail.
- In one of the Calvin and Hobbes Sunday comics, Calvin watches a Kaiju movie and later pretends to be a giant monster rising from the depths of his bathtub, shooting a "fireball" at his archenemy Megalon (read: spits water at his mom while naked).
- George, apparently an unlimited shapeshifter, does a red dragon in With Strings Attached and gets quite a bit of mileage out of his breath weapon during the battle on the Plains of Death.
- In The Keys Stand Alone: The Soft World, George does several dragons to take advantage of their breath weapons, including a red dragon again to wipe out most of the Laser Bats, and a brass dragon to put a room full of giant centipedes to sleep. (He also puts John and Ringo to sleep because he talks nonstop while he's the brass dragon.)
- Hot Chip's crazy video for their single "I Feel Better."
- Fire-breathing is a trivial feat in reality, but strongly associated with tooth decay. Many traditional fire-breathers use gasoline or kerosene, which even diluted causes instant halitosis and rapidly rots the teeth. High proof alcohols (150+) are better; though they can cause notable browning within a week of regular performance, the damage is reversible with more frequent brushing and taking time for the enamel to recover.
- Meet Giant Torayan. To quote the website: "This GIANT TORATAN doll is the ultimate child's weapon, as it sings, dances, breathes fire, and follows only those orders given by children." Thank you Japan, for bringing the world one step closer to the robot apocalypse.
- Spitting cobras.
Mints won't help. At all.