is an Interactive Comic
hosted on the MSPA Forums
The plot (what little there is, at least
) follows Bonabelle Fuzzmuffin III, an anthropomorphic corgi bard
and his quest to find the Encorgidion
, a magic book hidden in the unnamed dungeon that serves as the setting for the entire adventure. As he progresses in his quest, he is joined by Kousuke Shiba
, Huo Quan Shan Guo
, Baroness Puffington von Berrywing
, and Privious de la Cage'd
. Although most events have operated on Rule of Funny
, it has become increasingly apparent that there is more happening in this dungeon than meets the eye...
The comic relies on Pathfinder rules
for, well, just about everything, and the author has full character sheets available for everyone in the main party, which are kept up-to-date with events in the comic.
The author has started an ask blog
where the party will answer questions from the readers. The adventure also has a wiki here
that Needs Wiki Magic Love
This adventure contains the following tropes:
- Archive Trawl: Given the long and meandering plot, this may become necessary.
- Author Appeal: The idea for the comic was born from the author's love of corgis and Dungeons & Dragons.
- Author Avatar: The author makes more than one appearance in the comic. As do the readers.
- Bare-Fisted Monk: Huo Quan Shan Guo, who serves as the party's main line of offense. Not much has been able to stand up to him for long.
- The Beast Master: Puffington's specialty is summoning creatures, including her eidolon Sparky, to assist in combat.
- Breath Weapon: Puffington's incapacitates the target by making them deliriously happy.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Bonabelle gets this the most, but the other characters will frequently join in.
- Creator In-Joke: Much of the comic is made of these.
- Everything's Better with Samurai: Kousuke Shiba, complete with horse, lord, Japanese-sounding name, and katana.
- Extreme Omnisexual: Bonabelle, as befitting a Quirky Bard, has no qualms about flirting with anyone and anything.
- Failed a Spot Check: This has, quite literally happened.
- Funny Animals: Basically the entire cast, since corgis seem to take the role of humans in the comic's universe.
- Furry Comic: Non-furry races exist, but Corgis are very clearly the main focus.
- Furry Confusion: While the main cast is primarily anthropomorphic corgis, there are other "normal" animals, including Kousuke's horse Susan.
- Getting Smilies Painted on Your Soul: Puffington's Breath Weapon causes the target to become deliriously happy.
- Gender-Blender Name: Kousuke's male horse is named Susan. He wants you to respect his life choices.
- Healing Hands: Privious fills this role as a Cleric. Bonabelle can also cast Cure Light Wounds in a pinch.
- Instant Awesome, Just Add Dragons: There is a dragon guarding a magic sword somewhere in the dungeon. As a faerie dragon, Puffington falls more under Our Dragons Are Different instead.
- It Runs on Nonsensoleum: The entire universe of the comic.
- Katanas Are Just Better: Kousuke's weapon of choice.
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall: Often verging on No Fourth Wall or From Beyond The Fourth Wall. It's ambiguous what the author and readers' relation to the universe the characters live in is.
- MacGuffin: The Encorgidion, which is a magic book of some sort. There is also a magic sword guarded by a dragon that both the necromancer and Kousuke's master, Lord Common.
- Our Dragons Are Different: Puffington is a faerie dragon, which means she's small and cute and can make people deliriously happy with her Breath Weapon.
- Punny Name: Privious de la Cage'd, who was first encountered hanging in a giant cage.
- Quirky Bard: Bonabelle, much like Elan before him, is somewhat of a Cloud Cuckoo Lander, but a talented musician.
- Retraux: The comic relies on a simplistic pixelated art style not unlike a retro video game.
- RPG Mechanics Verse: The comic runs on Pathfinder rules, and the author keeps up-to-date character sheets available for the party.
- Sapient Steed: Kousuke's horse has at least enough sentience to want to be called Susan, but with an INT score of 2, he's not what anyone would call intelligent.
- Squishy Wizard: Baroness Puffington von Berrywing, who is by far the most fragile member of the party. Fortunately, as a faerie dragon, she can usually fly away from danger.
- Summon Magic: Puffington's specialty as a Summoner.
- Writers Cannot Do Math: Averted. The author explicitly calculates whether or not certain oddball ideas are possible within the rules.