Every Alpha Bitch
needs a right hand gal pal. Someone to order the students to Make Way for the Princess
, someone to give orders to the Girl Posse
on behalf of the Alpha Bitch
, someone to nod along with the Alpha Bitch's comments and sneer at her victims, you get the picture—she is The Dragon
to the Alpha Bitch
. The Beta Bitch is the BFF to an existing Alpha Bitch
; they're likely to be Childhood Friends
. She's usually there to assist her in her schemes and act as a gossip buddy. A lot of the time she's more like a servant and is treated like one by her supposed friend, thus making her an Ineffectual Sympathetic Villain
. Other times she might be waiting in the wings for her chance to backstab her and usurp the role for herself
Or if the AB in question is actually a Lovable Alpha Bitch
then the Beta Bitch will be the really nasty one
and may even be jealous of the friendship between the Lovable Alpha Bitch
and the Cool Loser
. Others may be the Former Friend of Alpha Bitch
, but she rarely
Has nothing to do with Super Mecha Death Christ 2000 B.C. Version 4.0 Beta Bitch
Anime and Manga
- Louisa, to Eliza Regan in the Boarding School arc of Candy Candy. While Eliza tends to be a Karma Houdini, Louisa gets a nice dish of karma when her family goes the Riches to Rags way.
- Rosalie from Cross Ange is this to any Alpha Bitch. She was this to Zola, then was this to Hilda when the former died, and is also this to Chris when Hilda left the both of them.
- Carmen from Hollow Fields is this to resident Alpha Bitch Summer Polanski, as she shoves Lucy Snow out of her group and bullies her alongside Summer. However, this isn't because of her own personality, but because Summer is a bad influence for her. In reality, she is a meek girl that cares deeply for her friends, and eventually befriends Lucy by the end of Volume 3.
- Nonon Jazukure from Kill la Kill is this to her Childhood Friend and Alpha Bitch Satsuki Kiryuin. Subverted in that Nonon also is into Satsuki's very complicated plan to stop her Archnemesis Almighty Mom's soon-to-be conquest of the world.
- Mihaya Ozaki from Naru Taru is the beta bitch to one really nasty Alpha Bitch named Aki Honda. When their victim Hiroko acquires a "mon" named Oni... both she and Aki die in very gruesome manners.
- Mai Housaka and Maki Kouno from Private Actress's Boarding School two-parter, acting as "seconds" to Alpha Bitch Kana Juumonji later known as Satoka Ryoudo. Mai is specially unsettling because she uses her Creepy Crows mascots to help Kana murder people. Maki, however, ends up having a Heel–Face Turn thanks to Shiho.
- Keiko Sonoda, to Nanami Kiryuu in Revolutionary Girl Utena. She seems to be the only member of her Girl Posse with at least some bits of a distinct personality. Specially in the Black Rose arc, where she goes the From Nobodyto Nightmare way.
Films — Animation
Films — Live-Action
- Princess Jasmin of Princess Ugg is this to Princess Julifer's Alpha Bitch. Since she doesn't have to room with Ulga or even be around her as much, it makes her even more unlikeable than Jule.
- Gretchen of Mean Girls appears to be this to Regina initially. However, the supposed heroine Cady winds up becoming this, eventually rising to become the Alpha Bitch almost by accident.
- All of the film adaptations of Carrie turn one of the book's characters into one of these to give Chris a gal pal to help her with the prank. Norma is the Beta Bitch in the 1976 film, Tina in the 2002 and 2013 films. Neither was actually evil in the book, though Tina was friendly with Chris.
- Heather Duke in Heathers fits the Butt Monkey servant variety and is convinced to become the new Alpha Bitch when Heather Chandler dies.
- Played with in The Hole. Frankie is portrayed as the Alpha Bitch in Liz's story but in the real version of the story she and Liz appear to be equal.
- Nikki to Stacy in Odd Girl Out. Stacy seems conflicted about tormenting Vanessa while Nikki is a straight up villain and leads the bullying on.
- Liz in Sleepover to Stacy. In a twist, it's Stacy who gets the occasional Pet the Dog moment while Liz is barely developed at all.
- Marcie Fox is this to Courtney in Jawbreaker, mainly because she's a mean-spirited dimwit who likes to leave the plotting to other people. Later, Vylette becomes this when her new-found popularity goes to her head and she starts to encroach on Courtney's Alpha Bitch role.
- Heather in Bad Reputation, though as the film progresses it becomes clear that she is even worse than the Alpha Bitch.
- Caitlin from The Duff is the mean-spirited minion to Madison, the resident Alpha Bitch. She also serves as The Dragon to Madison and films Bianca twice to humiliate her.
Live Action TV
- Jessie, to Lavinia, in A Little Princess. Jessie is the less malicious version.
- Rychie to Katrinka in Hans Brinker, or The Silver Skates. She's an example of the Beta Bitch being the meaner of the two - the narrator says that Katrinka is The Ditz and would have been much nicer had Hilda been her best friend instead of Rychie.
- Clare to Kate in Lizzie McGuire. One episode has her taking the reigns while Kate is injured and she is even worse.
- Muffy to Alana in That's So Raven. She seems to act as Alana's secretary to the rest of the students and translates whenever Alana speaks Spanish.
- Drucilla to Ethel in The Worst Witch though in a twist, she is Ethel's only friend as the rest of the girls despise them both. She pulls off a Heel–Face Turn at the end of the series.
- Harmony to Cordelia in Buffy the Vampire Slayer. After Cordelia's social standing is ruined by dating Xander, Harmony becomes the new Alpha Bitch.
- Tiffany to Miriam in H2O: Just Add Water. From what we see of her, she's not mean at all.
- Santana to Quinn in Glee, at least initially. Santana quickly ascends to Alpha Bitch as Quinn goes through her redemption arc, then later Santana goes through a redemption arc of her own.
- Penelope to whoever acts as the reigning Alpha Bitch in Gossip Girl, the "eager to become alpha herself" type. Unfortunately for her, she is just not in one league with Blair, Serena or even Little J.
- Lollipop was the Beta Bitch of Team Blondage (though Amber O'Neal was more of a Jerk Jock, GeeStar a brute, making Krissy Vaine the only "traditional" Alpha Bitch).
- Velvet Sky was the beta bitch with Angelina Love in The Beautiful People, then to Madison Rayne after Love got deported. Then to Love again after she eventually rejoined the group.
- Layla to Michelle McCool, back when they were co-reigning Divas Champion. Layla took most of the damage in matches, agreed enthusiastically with anything Michelle said, and took the abuse when it all went wrong.
- Ditto for Brie Bella or Nikki Bella and vice versa, especially when one of them is the Divas champion.
- Summer Rae on NXT corrupted Sasha Banks and convinced her to have a Face–Heel Turn and join her as the Beautiful Fierce Females. When Charlotte was added to the group and Summer disappeared from NXT, Sasha remained in this role.
- Tamina Snuka filled this role briefly to Alicia Fox during 2011. This alliance quietly disappeared when Alicia was turned Face.
- Lucy in El Goonish Shive. Diane is the Alpha Bitch (later revealed to be a Lovable Alpha Bitch) of her group. Lucy is regularly nasty to Rhoda, the third member of the group. She doesn't seem to be particularly impressed with Diane either, which is kind of a subversion; it seems she just hangs with them because they're popular, and lets Diane take the lead because that seems to be important to her.
- The Most Popular Girls in School: Brittnay Matthews to Mackenzie Zales, and Taylor McDevitt to Tanya Berkowitz. In the former pair's case, their friendship, while toxic, is genuine.
- In All Grown Up! Angelica is desperate to become this to Savannah but that role is already taken by Brianna.
- Courtney Grippling in As Told by Ginger is a Spoiled Sweet Lovable Alpha Bitch while it is her right hand girl Miranda that is the real villain. Miranda has a Beta Bitch too in her friend Mipsy.
- Subverted in Braceface. Alyson is friend of Nina, but she was never actually cruel or mean; she just did whatever Nina told her to do, because like a lot of teenagers, Alyson wants to be noticed and fit in. After, Alyson perform a Heel–Face Turn when she had a crush on Connor and Nina made her choose between her or him.
- Danny Phantom refers to this trope as "The Satellite", as in the girl who constantly revolves around the more popular girl. In this case, it's Star to Paulina.
- Daria has Tiffany Blum-Deckler who is usually there to back up Sandi's power-trips. There's another Beta in the form of Staci Rowe, a nervous wreck who takes the Extreme Doormat servant role.
- In Fairly OddParents, Veronica plays this role to Trixie. She is somewhat unhinged and doesn't so much want to replace Trixie as BE her.
- Lisa (short-haired redhead) is this to Connie D'Amico on Family Guy.
- Sabrina Raincomprix from Miraculous Ladybug is Chloe's number two and puppet. Becomes a bit of Tear Jerker when you find that she's only like this because she believes Chloe is the only person who will ever befriend her (Marinette tries to change that belief, but fails). Unlike most Alpha-Beta relationships, Sabrina and Chloe's friendship, while toxic, is genuine.
- Tiff is this to Brit in My Life as a Teenage Robot.
- Silver Spoon is this to Diamond Tiara in My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic.
- Appropriately titled, the Ashley clique in Recess has Ashley A as the Alpha Bitch and Ashley B as the Beta Bitch. When Ashley A is temporarily kicked out, Ashley B appears to be the leader.
- Lindsay became an unintentional one to Heather in Total Drama Island, as she was often forced by her to set others up for her evil deeds, such as keeping Gwen from entering the cabins, or standing with Heather when making Bridgette pick a side. However Lindsay turned out to be more like a Minion with an F in Evil, as she oftentimes has great trouble carrying out Heather's commands.