Preteen comedy of one last fun night before the best friend of the heroine (Alexa Vega) moves, which is ruined by the Alpha Bitch and her Girl Posse come to propose a little game with them. They go on a scavenger hunt to win the ultimate lunch spot.
Tropes in this movie:
- Alpha Bitch: Stacy Blake.
- Amazingly Embarrassing Parents: Julie's mom dancing in the nightclub, and the fact that she wants her to have a ladybug themed party.
- Awesome Moment of Crowning: When Julie is given the crown at the dance, especially since Steve personally singles her out.
- Beautiful All Along: Male example. The girls get their teacher to take his glasses off, loosen his tie and mess up his hair a little. A woman instantly takes note off him.
- Blonde, Brunette, Redhead: The main girls: Hannah and Yancey (blondes), Julie (brunette), and Farrah (redhead).
- Bumbling Dad: Julie's dad is completely incompetent and easily fooled by other people dressing up as his daughter.
- Butt-Monkey: The PatrolTech Policeman receives much abuse and slapstick throughout the film as he tries to bust the girls.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: Implied this is happening with Stacie, as she looks like she's warming up to Spongebob.
- Double Standard: Julie sneaks into her crush's house, watches him undress in the shower and steals his underwear. Not only does he not find this creepy, but they get together. Had they filmed this with the genders reversed, there would be a lot more controversy.
- First Kiss: With Julie's dream guy, of course.
- Four-Girl Ensemble: Julie is the Girl Next Door, Yancey is the childish one, Farrah is the pretty one and Hannah is the Team Mom.
- Girl Posse: Stacie's two mean girl cronies.
- Give Geeks a Chance: Implied between Stacie and Spongebob.
- The Glasses Gotta Go: For the nerdy teacher the girls make over, along with a loosened tie and messed-up hair. He has to quickly check that the woman interested him is attractive with the glasses first though.
- Happily Ever After: For everyone but Stacie and her Girl Posse gets one.
- High-School Dance: The climax takes place at one.
- Improvised Zipline: How Julie slides from her window to her treehouse.
- In Da Club: Julie and friends have to sneak into a club to get a drink for one of the items on the list. It turns out her mother is there.
- Line-of-Sight Name: Stacie names Julie's character June after a calendar.
- Mistaken For Pervert: Hannah texts Julie "sex on the beach", and Julie doesn't realise she means a drink at first.
- Non Action Dress Rip: This is how Julie makes her mom's dress "cool."
- One Crazy Night: The characters are tasked (during the titular sleepover) with completing a scavenger hunt to win a bet and the whole thing is resolved at the big dance.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Spongebob. He's listed in the credits as Russell.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: Subverted. Julie initially fools her teacher by putting on a pair of sunglasses, but he eventually recognizes her.
- Parental Obliviousness: Enough for four teenage girls to sneak out of the house for an entire night.
- Pet the Dog: Alpha Bitch Stacie gets a big one during the high school dance scene.
- Romantic Two-Girl Friendship: Julie and Hannah, and the underlying arc is that Julie doesn't know what she'll do when Hannah has to move away.
- Rousing Speech: After the ticket taker won't let her in without a ticket.Julie: I know who you are.
Ticket Girl: You do?
Julie: You're out here collecting tickets instead of being inside at the dance. You spend your weekends doing extra credit algebra, you play way too much Monopoly with your parents, and you've never eaten anywhere near the fountain. And in 4 years I will be YOU unless I get into that dance.
Ticket Girl: (Dramatic Pause) GO! Get out there and do it for those of us who couldn't!
- Sentimental Music Cue: Swells up at any emotional scene.
- Single Girl Seeks Most Popular Guy: Played straight, as Julie pursues Steve Philips.
- Slumber Party: It's in the title, though the girls sneak out and her brother has to cover for her.
- Slow Clap: In an overly dramatic climax scene.
- Trailers Always Spoil: Some TV Trailers for this film ended with Stacie and her clique sitting with unpopular girls by the dumpster getting garbage dumped on them.