Preteen comedy of one last fun night before the best friend of the heroine (Alexa Vega) moves, which is ruined by the Alpha Bitch and her Girl Posse come to propose a little game with them. They go on a scavenger hunt to win the ultimate lunch spot.
Tropes in this movie:
- Amazingly Embarrassing Parents - Julie's mom dancing in the nightclub, and the fact that she wants her to have a ladybug themed party.
- Blonde, Brunette, Redhead: The main girls: Hannah and Yancey (blondes), Julie (brunette), and Farrah (redhead).
- First Kiss: With Julie's dream guy, of course.
- Girl Posse: Stacie's two mean girl cronies.
- Give Geeks a Chance: Implied between Stacie and Spongebob.
- The Glasses Gotta Go: For the nerdy teacher the girls make over, along with a loosened tie and messed-up hair.
- Happily Ever After: For everyone but Stacie and her Girl Posse gets one.
- Improvised Zipline: How Julie slides from her window to her treehouse.
- Line-of-Sight Name: Stacie names Julie's character June after a calendar.
- Non Action Dress Rip: This is how Julie makes her mom's dress "cool".
- One Crazy Night: The characters are tasked (during the titular sleepover) with completing a scavenger hunt to win a bet and the whole thing is resolved at the big dance.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Spongebob. He's listed in the credits as Russell.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: Subverted. Julie initially fools her teacher by putting on a pair of sunglasses, but he eventually recognizes her.
- Parental Obliviousness: Enough for four teenage girls to sneak out of the house for an entire night.
- Pet the Dog: Alpha Bitch Stacie gets a big one during the high school dance scene.
- Rousing Speech: After the ticket taker won't let her in without a ticket.Julie: I know who you are.
Ticket Girl: You do?
Julie: You're out here collecting tickets instead of being inside at the dance. You spend your weekends doing extra credit algebra, you play way too much Monopoly with your parents, and you've never eaten anywhere near the fountain. And in 4 years I will be YOU unless I get into that dance.
Ticket Girl: (Dramatic Pause) GO! Get out there and do it for those of us who couldn't!
- Sentimental Music Cue: Swells up at any emotional scene.
- Slow Clap: In an overly dramatic climax scene.
- Trailers Always Spoil: Some TV Trailers for this film ended with Stacie and her clique sitting with unpopular girls by the dumpster getting garbage dumped on them.