Page-bottom layout change on the way. Details here.
Causes no change to editing/formatting of articles. This is just FYI.
A gathering of female characters, particularly teens or pre-teens. Often to talk about boys or make-overs. A staple of the simpler days of the Dom Com
More often called a pyjama party in the UK, seeing as that's the general clothing worn at such an event. And anyway, who sleeps
at one of these things? Wacky Fratboy Hijinx
will often involve trying to gatecrash (or at the very least, watch).
See also Slumber Party Ploy
open/close all folders
Anime and Manga
- One omake strip from Kashimashi: Girl Meets Girl had Hazuma holding one, with it being the one thing she really wanted to do since turning into a girl. We don't see a lot of what happens in it, mostly just Asuta's attempts to crash it.
- In one issue of Harley Quinn, Harley held a supervillainess sleepover for all of the bad girls of Gotham City.
- Cherry Comics: "Slumber Party from Hell". Very little sleep, but plenty of sex, demon summoning, ancient gods and other wacky hijinks.
Film - Animated
- Mentioned in Monsters, Inc.; how Sulley manages to beat Randall's scare total.
Film - Live-Action
Live Action TV
- Amber and Nay first kiss at a sleepover in Khaos Komix, during a truth or dare game.
- Lucy holds a sleepover in an early chapter of Better Days. Do note the dialogue: it sounds like placeholder text that Jay Naylor forgot to change to something more realistic.
- It's also possible that Naylor left it in to show that the dialogue was empty and mindless, as all three girls present "note." It's unlikely that he would've let it slip in unplanned when inking the page.
- Eerie Cuties had a chapter-sized arc about a slumber party in Nina and Layla's house.
- El Goonish Shive got a big arc around Grace's birthday party... where everyone used TF Gun to change into opposite-sex forms, except Ellen who technically already is.
- Strong Bad gives tips on how to handle slumber parties in this email. Of course, this doesn't involve any female characters, so it goes about as well as you'd expect.
- Barbie: Life in the Dreamhouse shows Barbie throwing a slumber party in the episode "A Spooky Sleepover", with help from a mobile app that suggests different activities. Barbie's Hopeless Suitor, Ryan, tries to crash the party and scare the girls into jumping into his arms.
- Hey Arnold! has Rhonda throw one in the episode "Helga's Makeover".
- In The Simpsons episode "Flaming Moe's", Lisa and the other girls at her slumber party play Truth or Dare, attack Bart and makeover Maggie.
- Used in Family Guy. Quagmire hides behind the couch at Meg's slumber party, but storms off disgusted as all the girls do is have ordinary teenage girl conversation. As soon as he's gone, one girl suggests that they compare breasts, and all the girls start taking off their tops.
- Another episode knowing it to be one of the worst, had the four men in a slumber party during the first act.
- In a Teacher's Pet episode, Leonard and Scott hide in a closet during Leslie's slumber party to try and get an insight into how the female mind works.
- In the second-season W.I.T.C.H. episode "E is for Enemy", the girls hold a slumber party at Will's house in order to be better prepared to fight back against Nerissa, who has been attacking the girls in their dreams.
- The Powerpuff Girls have a great slumber party, and Mojo Jojo shows up and gate crashes.
- The Replacements episode Late Night with Todd And Riley. Sierra tries to use the party to get incriminating evidence that will cause Johnny to break up with Riley.
- Used hilariously in an episode of South Park. The boys send Butters in to figure out what the hell girls do at these parties. He is talked into faking his death in order to become "Marjorine", the new girl at school. the piece of advice Cartman gives him?
: "And in case they start... you know... lezzing out...
just roll with it."
- Bobby sneaks into Connie's slumber party on King of the Hill and performs for the girls. Chane Wassanosong and some bullies later crash the party and humiliate Bobby. When Kahn discovers the boys, Bobby is thrown out of the window while Chang and the other boys are allowed to leave by the front door.
- In an episode of Codename: Kids Next Door (Operation SLUMBER), uber-boyish Numbuh 4 disguises himself as a girl to get in on a mysterious, girls-only mission that turns out to be a slumber party at Numbuh 86's house. Hilarity, including a makeover, ensues.
- My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic, "Look Before You Sleep" presents a rather small one, spontaneously born out of a thunderstorm. Twilight, having never hosted a sleepover and generally unfamiliar with how social gatherings go anyhow, looks up how to run a successful slumber party - where else? - in a book about slumber parties.
- In "Stare Master", Fluttershy agrees to host a sleepover for the Cutie Mark Crusaders (Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo) when Rarity is too busy filling a big rush order to watch over them. The kids prove to be even more of a handful than Fluttershy anticipated (they're even too savvy for the old "quiet game" trick).
- Fern holds one in the second season of Arthur and Muffy's are known for being spectacular, but Jenna doesn't want to go due to her issues with bedwetting.
- Doug has a funny moment involving one. When Doug realizes Patti has an amateur music video he and Skeeter did at a store, the two attempt to crash the party using Doug's dog Porkchop. However, he forgets his mission until after Patti starts the video! Turns out, she had their principal's music video, forcing Doug to realize he had the video all along!
- One episode of Rugrats has Tommy and Angelica having one, though Tommy keeps asking what one is and Angelica replies "If you have to ask, you'll never know.". However, Angelica ends up getting Tommy sick, causing him to hallucinate... and promptly puke on Angelica. She's actually impressed by it!
- The Smurfs subject Lazy to an all-night slumber party in one episode.