Series: The Puzzle Place
A Six Token Band children's show on PBS done with puppets. You can read more about it on The Other Wiki here. The show lasted 3 seasons and a total of 75 episodes, and ran from January 16, 1995 to December 4, 1998, with reruns airing until March 31, 2000.The Boys
- Ben Olafson: European (German and Norwegian)
- Leon MacNeal: African-American.
- Skye Nakaiye: Apache.
- Kyle O'Connor: Irish-American (and a Disabled wheelchair user). A Sixth Ranger who appeared late in the series' life.
- Julie Woo: Chinese-American who grew up in San Francisco.
- Jody Silver: Lithuanian Jewish.
- Kiki Flores: Mexican-American.
This show provides examples of:
- Captain Ersatz: The Mighty Magic Pigeon Pirates.
- Cold Turkeys Are Everywhere: When Jody was avoiding all bread during the Passover, everyone wanted her to try this special bread someone's mom had made.
- Deadpan Snarker: Leon.
- Early Installment Weirdness: One early episode had Jody sporting straight hair instead of curls with no explanation whatsoever.
- Fear of Thunder: Leon.
- Instant Thunder: Averted in the thunderstorm episode. The kids learned to count the seconds between the lightning and the thunder.
- Nice Character, Mean Actor: One episode had Julie and Kiki meet their idol, a self-proclaimed "cute" singer. They later find out she's incredibly mean underneath.
- Shameful Shrinking: In an episode, Ben chews out at least two characters while he's trying to work out a puzzle. They visibly shrink as he yells at each one.
- Soap Within a Show: One episode in which Kiki accidentally broke Julie's horse figurine spoofed Days of Our Lives as part of an Imagine Spot.
- Sweet and Sour Grapes: Inverted here: In one episode about decision making, the Piece Police make different varieties of doughnuts for each of the kids, but they have to choose one at a time. Leon wants the cruller, but Jody has a hard time choosing which doughnut she wants, preventing everyone else from doing so. Through the process of elimination, she rejects the least desirable doughnuts until the cruller is left. Leon eventually tries to convince Jody that the cruller is "too plain" and trade with him, but that fails. After some thought, however, he realizes that the one he has probably won't be so bad, though all that is done away with when Sizzle and Nuzzle steal and eat it behind his back.
- Theme Tune Roll Call
- Title Theme Tune
- Trademark Favorite Food: Kiki loves cinnamon, even putting it in her chili as part of a chili cook-off. It won first prize.
- The Unintelligible: The Piece Police.
- When You Coming Home, Dad?: Jody's father.
- You Have to Have Jews: The show used Chanukah as the major winter holiday opposite to Christmas (including Jody getting mortally offended when Ben innocently stuck her menorah on the Christmas tree).