open/close all folders
Anime & Manga
- In a Sun and Moon episode of the Pokémon anime, the class are sent on a work exchange at the Pokemon Center. After Ash obliviously puts on the female nurse outfit, the girls add makeup and a wig to the mix.
- The seventh episode of Rumiko Takahashi's gender-flipping series Ranma ˝ sees the three Tendo daughters corner Ranma in his girl form, and compel him to dress in increasingly frilly outfits. Having been male most of his life, Ranma objects vehemently to this. Played for Laughs, of course, and magnified by Genma Saotome, who is astonished that his son could be thusly humiliated (Ranma has a Wouldn't Hit a Girl ethic, which curtails his defenses). Soun Tendo is mortified that his chaste daughters own such scandalous outfits.
Films — Animation
- Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs has Grumpy being forced into not only washing but also wearing feminine ribbons by the other dwarfs. Though this is a rare example where other guys are doing the torment.
- During the final battle in Beauty and the Beast one guy ends up getting a makeover by a hairbrush and comb (dressed in a skirt, high heels, lipstick, etc.) while fighting the Wardrobe, causing him to scream and retreat.
Films — Live-Action
- The Who did a song called "I'm a Boy", about an only son born into a family of sisters whose mother really wanted another daughter. The lyrics chart his anguish at being forced to be feminine
My name is Bill and I'm a head-case;
They practice making up on my face;
I feel lucky if I get trousers to wear,
Spend ages taking daisies out my hair...
Myths & Religion
- Classical Mythology: As penance for an accidental murder, Heracles was made to serve Omphale for a year, doing women's work and even wearing women's clothes. Artwork of the two usually features her wearing the hero's iconic lionskin and club.
- Recess: The episode "My Funny Valentines" almost has TJ suffer a makeover when the girls tried to punish him after receiving Valentines Cards from him (which he only sent as a prank).
- All Dogs Go to Heaven (TV Series): The episode "Miss Guidance" has Charlie forced into a makeover done by Sasha (as a flirtatious female dog) in order to keep a junkyard dog distracted.
- On Hey Arnold!, a feminine makeover is inflicted on Harold at the end of the episode "Helga's Makeover".
- In the Gravity Falls episode "Carpet Diem", Dipper in Mabel's body exploits this by getting Mabel's friends to hold down Mabel in Dipper's body and give her a makeover, so that he can get the key to the house's attic.