You can look, but you can't touch.Brianna Monique Garcia-Colace
and Stephanie Nicole Garcia-Colace
(born on November 21, 1983) are better known as WWE Divas Brie
and Nikki Bella
(commonly known as the Bella Twins). They are best known for their use of "Twin Magic," in which they switch places to fool their opponents.That Other Wiki
has a rundown
of their career.
Tropes associated with the Bella Twins:
- Alliterative Name: Brie Bella.
- Alpha Bitches: Since turning heel in early 2011, they have been acting like prima donnas. They also guard their presumed status "heads of the divas division" jealously, especially Nikki. Their antagonism toward anyone almost always comes back to fear of losing this supposed spot to someone else, be they NXT rookies, the current champion or a monster like Kharma.
- Beta Bitch: When one sister held the Divas' title, the other sister became this.
- Arch-Enemy: Gail Kim, The Funkadactyls (Cameron and Naomi), Kelly Kelly, and Kaitlyn.
- Bullying The Pregnant Dragon: Made fun of the pregnant Kharma.
- Catfight: Most memorably with Gail Kim. Actually with each other on ECW.
- The Ditz: Both of them. Really.
- Even Evil Has Standards: They clearly didn't approve of Eve's plot to use John Cena like she did with Zack Ryder.
- Evil Is Petty: Their primary heel tactic amounts to making fun of their foe, often just because the target can't do anything in return.
- Evil Twin: Nikki played this role whenever the sisters were pit against each other. First in 2009 briefly and then on NXT season 3. Nikki finally got to be the "good" twin in 2011 when she was on Team Teddy going into WrestleMania 28 with Brie on Team Johnny.
- Face-Heel Turn: After finding out that Daniel Bryan had been dating Gail Kim for six months and only been with them out of pity, since they had nothing to do after Raw stopped having Guest Hosts.
- Flower in Her Hair
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: They made a bet to see which of them could be Daniel Bryan's "first". It didn't get completely past the radar as the network ordered the storyline to end (which is why Gail Kim was brought in). But the segment where Gail was revealed implied the twins had confused the word 'vegan' with 'virgin'.
- Girly Bruiser: In their 2012 shoot interview they stated that this was their intention with their style of wrestling.
- Granola Girl: Brie in real life.
- Heel-Face Revolving Door: Nikki turned heel on NXT season 3 but was still a face when appearing on Raw and Smackdown.
- Hoist By Their Own Petard: Used Twin Magic (switching while ref has his back turned) in their Divas Championship match against Layla. This didn't turn out so great as Layla was able to counter the fresh Bella's move and win the Divas Title.
- Identical Twin ID Tag: Previously you could only tell who was who if their hemline was low enough to reveal Brie's tattoo. They actually took steps to avoid this as for a while Brie had bangs but wore hair extensions on TV to match her sister. Since leaving WWE in 2011, Nikki got a boob job which makes telling them apart a bit easier.
- Since turning face, they've abandoned Twin Magic altogether and wear different attires when wrestling. Nikki typically wears a t-shirt and baseball cap.
- Irony: In the match where Brie won the title. Eve Torres was feeling Genre Savvy and got the ref to draw an X on Nikki's hand so they couldn't switch. They attempted the switch anyway and the distraction caused by the ref checking Nikki's hand was enough for Brie to capitalise and win the title.
- Making Use of the Twin/Twin Switch: Initially done in Brie's debut match, no less. According to the twins, sometimes when it was still only Brie on the main roster, Nikki would sometimes pretend to be her and go out and wrestle the match.
- Meaningful Name: Bella Twins = beautiful twins, duh.
- Mythology Gag: Nikki said "Brie is a man" on the Jerry Springer segment. A possible nod to the one of the ways they can be told apart - Brie has a much deeper voice.
- Parent Service: An accidental example. When Nikki went out with Miz and Morrison she made some sexy gestures...but forgot that their entrance was in slow-motion. And that WWE is a PG show.
- Polar Opposite Twins: Total Divas seems to be showing this. Nikki is more headstrong and outgoing while Brie is calmer and more down-to-earth.
- Precious Puppy: Brie's dog Josie.
- Put on a Bus: Left due to their contracts being up and opted not to renew them.
- Sibling Triangle/Triang Relations: Two, Carlito and Primo for Brie on Smackdown, and both twins for Daniel Bryan on Raw. Both situations ended poorly. They were teasing a third with Alberto Del Rio, but nothing came out of it due to them leaving WWE.
- Spicy Latinas: Downplayed as their Hispanic heritage is mostly ignored in favour of their Italian roots. They fit the bill a little more as heels, the "hot tempered" part at least.
- Tag Team Twins
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Nikki is a lover of video games and also has a higher constitution when it comes to alcohol. Since their face turn, their attires appear to evoke this. Nikki wears a baseball cap and t-shirt giving her a more casual/tomboyish look.
- Troll: Seem to enjoy saying and doing things without provocation, just to get under other Divas' skin.
- Worked Shoot: When Nikki won the title off Beth Phoenix. Beth's ankle injury was played up as legit and Nikki and Beth very obviously communicated when Beth was getting checked out - making it look like they were improvising the finish due to her injury. But nope the injury was just a work.