Wrestling: The Funkadactyls
The Funkadactyls was a female professional wrestling tag team exclusive to WWE consisting of Naomi and Cameron. The team was an offshoot of their previous stable Tons of Funk - made up of Brodus Clay and Tensai - that went solo when Tons of Funk disbanded in late 2013. The girls initially debuted as dancing valets for Brodus in late 2011, but roughly a year later transitioned to a wrestling role and were integrated into the WWE Divas' division. The team of the Funkadactyls was dissolved in mid-2014 as the result of mounting tension between Naomi and Cameron due to the latter's Face-Heel Turn.
Tropes are on a roll...
- All Guys Want Cheerleaders: Initially starting out as just dancers to Brodus, they eventually started carrying pompoms to the ring to evoke cheerleaders. They also started wearing hot pants and socks that resembled cheerleading outfits. Since they were originally just there for Fanservice it fits the trope.
- Arch-Enemy: The Bella Twins were this initially when they returned to WWE. The teams' relationship eventually morphed into an Enemy Mine situation (and later into Fire-Forged Friends) when AJ Lee took their place in the Funkadactyls' hearts by chewing them out as part of the Total Divas cast.
- Cat Fight: With each other after weeks of tension in July 2014 stemming from Cameron's heelish behavior, resulting in the dissolution of their team.
- Everything's Better with Sparkles: Their ring gear is so very sparkly.
- Fanservice Pack: Their outfits became gradually more sexy over the course of the year 2012.
- Lighter and Softer: They had actually had their Funkadactyl gimmick in FCW a few months before they debuted as Brodus Clay's dancers. However, they were heels with Byron Saxton as their manager, and a whole lot more ghetto. They actually wrestled, too. (They have since started wrestling again in their main roster incarnation.)
- Lovely Angels
- Parts Unknown: They are announced from Planet Funk. This is a stay over from their time with Brodus Clay, who was billed from there.
- Perky Female Minions: For "Funkasaurus" Brodus Clay. They had previously been minions of Byron Saxton's while he was injured, but were not quite as "perky" then.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Cameron is Red Oni, Naomi is Blue Oni.
- Ricky Morton: Cameron usually played this role when they first started wrestling. Interesting because Cameron is greener than Naomi and the lesser experienced wrestler often is kept to the hot-tag - this is probably due to WWE wanting to promote Naomi as the star of the team. Nowadays either one could play Ricky Morton in a tag match.
- Romantic Two-Girl Friendship: They refer to the other as "my girl". On Total Divas, we also see Naomi affectionately saying "hey, baby girl" whenever she greets Cameron. Another episode deals with them having a potential 'break-up'.
- Stripperiffic: Used as a plot point in Total Divas where Cameron tries to get Hotter and Sexier ring gear for them. She doesn't get Naomi's measurements and Naomi's crotch ends up on full display. Naomi also gives a speech about how she always has to worry about her breasts and ass popping out in her matches.
- Tag Team: Initially only Naomi was promoted as a wrestler, due to having more experience than Cameron, but they were pushed as a tag team pretty quickly.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: A variation. Naomi is more about the athleticism and actual wrestling while Cameron is more about character and glamour. Total Divas explores this.
- Took a Level in Badass: The girls gradually went from being just valets to full-time wrestlers.