AJ Lee (left) and Kaitlyn (right)
were a professional wrestling women's tag team consisting of AJ Lee
The duo were previously contestants on the all-women/third season of WWE NXT
(September 7, 2010 - November 30, 2010), AJ coming in third and Kaitlyn winning the competition. At the start of the season they were initially at odds but after Kaitlyn's Heel-Face Turn
, their Real Life
friendship started to show on-screen. When AJ joined the main roster on May 27, 2011, the two of them were paired to become an official tag team that same day. They officially broke up on May 13, 2012, with the break-up having to do with Daniel Bryan
's ended his romance with AJ, and how it ended
, and Bryan considering "other" options (see Hope Spot
Kaitlyn was the first of the two to become WWE Divas Champion
on the 20 year anniversary of Raw on January 14 2013, when she beat Eve Torres
for the title. She would later drop the title to her former partner on June 16th of that year.
Tropes associated with the Chick Busters include:
- Genki Girl: Both of them, but 'especially AJ.
- Girl Next Door: Defied by Kaitlyn, claiming she lived three doors down and put a firecracker in everyone's mailbox every 4th of July. AJ is suppose to be this as well with a more modern spin (ie "Gasp! She plays video games! She likes comic books!"). Appears again in 2012 where an episode of NXT says that Kaitlyn refers to herself as a girl next door. William Regal on commentary promptly lampshades this with "I wish she lived next door to me!"
- Heel-Face Turn: Kaitlyn on Wrestling/[[WWE NXT}}.
- Heel-Face Revolving Door: AJ, after being dumped by Daniel Bryan and having a mental breakdown, it was hard pin point her status, as it would seem she would switch in the same scene depending on her mood. After TLC 2012 she'd settled on Heel. This was also the cause of their break up; AJ's constant mood swings and Kaitlyn not knowing how to deal with AJ.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: Duh.
- Hollywood Nerd: AJ.
- I Have the High Ground: AJ who has a high flying moveset.
- The Lad-ette: This is their gimmick, Kaitlyn more than AJ.
- Lovely Angels
- Love Confession:
- Meganekko: AJ has been known to exploit this, especially during her time as GM.
- Mistreatment-Induced Betrayal: How Kaitlyn turned on Vickie Guerrero. And why AJ turned on Cena and sided with Ziggler, because in her mind, he'd been toying with her.
- Muscles Are Meaningful: Kaitlyn.
- Official Couple: AJ and Hornswoggle for a while they where part of NXT. AJ and Daniel Bryan was for a few months on Smackdown, but they broke up after his loss at WrestleMania. Kaitlyn and Derrick Bateman during season 5 of WWE NXT .
- Older Than They Look: AJ's 24, but owing in no small part due to her petite frame and ...comparative lack of womanly attributes, she tends to look more often than not like a teenager on screen (when she debuted on NXT, her pro Primo first thought she was 16), especially lined up with most of the males. Hell, even Daniel Bryan absolutely dwarfs her, and he's on the small side of the wrestler spectrum. One has to believe that WWE's playing off this a bit. It's worth mentioning that Daniel Bryan's Beard of Evil keeps getting longer and wilder, making his and AJ's relationship resemble a lovestruck schoolgirl that's fallen head over heels for a full-grown lumberjack.
- One of Us:
- Both of them, but especially AJ. Apart from initially being billed as a "Geek Goddess" that loved video games and comic books when she was on NXT, she's established her nerd cred by once dressing up as Kitana for a Divas' Halloween Battle Royale and attempted an Upraise (Kitana's hold in place move...it didn't work). Not only that, but the WWE Superstars have a video game tournament before every Wrestlemania competing in the latest iteration of the company's video game series. AJ won the most recent one.
- You should check out her twitter. It's full of witty gems such as these:
On an unrelated note, I am deliriously tired and have spent my morning googling animal pictures.
Every time I eat chips whilst standing in between an open fridge door, my dog looks at me with eyes that scream "This is why you're single."
- Petite Pride: AJ.
- Pintsized Powerhouse: Kaitlyn, who is just 5'5" (1.65 meters) tall but very strong.
- Poke the Poodle: Rosa Mendes and Tamina mocked AJ by giving her a box of cheese, calling her a "mousy loser".
- Promoted Fangirl: AJ. There's even video footage of her waiting in line for tickets to WrestleMania XX and  of her meeting Lita. Taken even further when she became the new Raw GM. Something she stated when she was removed from power that this was the only thing in life she wanted in life.
- Proud to Be a Geek
- Puppy-Dog Eyes: AJ. Seeing her sad is just absolutely painful. AJ's puppy dog eyes have even stopped Kane in his tracks.
- Ramming Always Works: Kaitlyn uses the Spear as her finisher.
- Really Gets Around: AJ's kayfabe history is starting to make her look like WWE's resident bicycle. In her short time with WWE, she's been involved in romance arcs or Ship Tease situations with Primo, Cody Rhodes, Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, Kane (these last three all simultaneously at one point), John Cena and Dolph Ziggler.
- Sanity Slippage: AJ's sanity became a more distant memory with each passing week after Daniel Bryan dumped her. Which lead to the Chick Busters breaking up.
- She Cleans Up Nicely: AJ might claim to not look like a supermodel but she looks damn fine whenever she puts on a dress. Kaitlyn to a much more limited extent (she was presented as a clumsy ditz for the most part compared to the sex appeal or general attractiveness of the rest of the NXT divas). Both of them really regardless of dress.
- Ship Tease: AJ and her pro Primo and with Daniel Bryan, that later turned into a relationship that went sour later on. Kaitlyn also with Johnny Curtis. Both of them with Cody Rhodes during a kissing contest.
- Shout-Out: Kaitlyn's ring attire since Survivor Series 2012 is clearly meant to be a nod to Trish Stratus and her ring gear circa 2006.
- Take That: AJ to wannabe bitchy heels Rosa and Tamina - "Lay Cool called, they want their gimmick back"
- The Bus Came Back: AJ disappeared after NXT was over but resurfaced in May of 2011 as Natalya's new protégée.
- The Dog Bites Back: Twice in an NXT challenge AJ got picked on by Maxine and Kaitlyn and snapped at both of them. Foreshadowing maybe? After repeatedly getting rejected and kicked by Daniel Bryan over and over...and over, she finally seems to have snapped. Then, cue a couple months later, were she leaves him at the alter.
- Throw the Dog a Bone: Thank the lord AJ and Kaitlyn got wins against Maxine and Tamina on NXT to keep them from jobber hell.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: AJ is the tomboy, Kaitlyn is the girly-girl. Which is rather ironic, since AJ has a stereotypical girly-girly appearance (slender and trim) while Kaitlyn is more tomboy in appearance (athletic and strong) and demeanor. However, AJ is so quirky and athletic she's probably the only current diva in WWE that could have Kaitlyn be the girly-girl in such a duo. That is, until Kaitlyn started hanging around with Natalya. The dynamic isn't as dramatic, but it's still there.
- Unnecessary Roughness: Some of the backstage brawls between Kaitlyn and AJ have been extremely vicious. AJ one threw Kaitlyn headfirst into a stainless steel drinking fountain.
- We Used to Be Friends: They broke up as tag team after AJ's sanity started slipping. Kaitlyn even stated that was hard being her friend when A.J. was the way she was.
- Your Princess Is in Another Castle: