An Anti Hero Team is Exactly What It Says on the Tin
, a group of people consisting of Anti Heroes
. Sometimes, there will be an Anti-Villain
on the team or even a Hero
. In that case, it will be a mixed team.
Often leads to Black and Gray Morality
or Grey and Gray Morality
open/close all folders
Anime and Manga
- Marvel Comics also has Daimon Hellstrom: The Son of Satan. The Badass Crew he joins in Marvel Zombies 3 is a team of antiheroes, including Morbius the Living Vampire and Werewolf by Night.
- The late 1980s and early 1990s had the Teen Titans' sister team, the "Team Titans," who were this to the point that one of them took to calling himself Deathwing.
- In Brave New World, we have Team Quantum's Aeon. The rest of Team Quantum still count, but Aeon takes it further when he sucks Team Ebony in his stomach-mouth and puts them through Training from Hell. As a reward, they are now fearless and can use time-themed attacks, but are severely traumatized as a result. Even the rest of Team Quantum didn't like what he did.
Live Action Film
Live Action TV
- The Strike Team from The Shield
- The military team from The Unit. They are a representation of real world US special operations soldiers like Delta Force, Seal Team Six, etc. They are highly trained, efficient, and ruthless. They will do anything needed to complete their missions. Although they operate by some rules and moral codes, they are trained to do things for which the average person would not have the stomach.
- Team Leverage: Running down the list, we have an alcoholic ex-insurance agent who plans and runs cons, a grifter, a hitter with a very dark past, a computer hacker, and a world-class cat burglar. They Fight Crime and are heroes to many people, but their methods are less than legal, and have involved hurting some innocent folks, as well.
- The Star Wolf team in Star Fox started as a generic "evil Star Fox" group, but in sequels, the team becomes more anti-heroic. The removal of the two "scum" characters Pigma (a traitor) and Andrew (nephew of the main villain in Star Fox 64) and the addition of a ladies' man named Panther (who falls in love with a character on the heroes team) gave them an opportunity to work with Star Fox.
- Team Chaotix from Sonic the Hedgehog. They'll do good, but they expect to be paid-handsomely. Vector at least has his better moments, such as finding a kid's lost toy for free.
- Team Dark, consisting of Shadow, Rouge, and E-123 Omega, have been this ever since Sonic Heroes. They may help save the world, but mainly for their different reasons. Shadow only fights whoever gets in the way of his goals, Rouge is only interested in jewels, and Omega attacks whatever the former two point him at.
- King of Fighters XI introduces the Anti-Kyokugen Team, consisting of Kasumi Todo, Eiji Kisaragi, and Malin; each of whom has a personal grudge against Ryo Sakazaki, Robert Garcia, and Yuri Sakazaki respectively. Sadly for them, they end up as a comedic group of punch clock villains.