Series: B-Robo Kabutack
B-Robo Kabutack is the sixteenth Metal Heroes series, airing from 1997-1998. Essentially, it was the third of the B-Fighter series.It's the story of Kabutack, one of ten "B-Robos" created by Dr. Torahiko Koenji. The good doctor discovered the existence of the thirteen Star Pieces, which grant any wish to those who get 'em all. For this reason, Koenji created the B-Robos. But some of the B-Robos aren't very nice and turn against Koenji. So, it's up to the good B-Robos to trounce the bad ones week after week.
B-Robo Kabutack provides examples of the following tropes:
- Dismantled MacGuffin: The Star Pieces.
- Goldfish Poop Gang: The "evil" B-Robos.
- Gotta Catch 'Em All: The Star Pieces, again.
- Hour of Power: The B-Robos can only stay in Super Mode for a matter of minutes. Sharkler, one of the evil B-Robos, can stay in Super Mode for 15 minutes, the longest for any B-Robo.
- Lighter and Softer: To the entire Metal Heroes franchise.
- Red Boxing Gloves: Ganiran the horseshoe crab has huge, round red claws to invoke this trope.
- The Smurfette Principle: The sole female B-Robo, Tentorina the ladybug, cannot transform.
- Super-Deformed: The standard mode of the B-Robos.
- Super Mode: Their super robot alternate modes are literally called Super Mode.
- Super Prototype: Subverted. Despite him being the titler protagonist, Kabutack's Super Mode lasts three minutes, the shortest of any of the B-Robos.
- Transforming Mecha: The B-Robos.