DESCRIBE... Sean Schemmel... HEEEEEERRRRREEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!He's Son Goku, to Americans. Plain and simple.Sean Christian Schemmel (born November 21, 1968) started dubbing in 1999. His first (and breakout) role would be the providing the voice for Goku in Dragon Ball Z (in other words, he became the English voice of possibly the most powerful and famous Shōnen hero of all time). He originally wanted one of the villain roles, since he only saw a few episodes of the series before being cast, and NEVER knew who Goku was before walking into the recording studio! Once he saw that he was pasted on all the posters on the wall, he realized he was cast as "The Guy"! With Kai, and new video game adaptations, he is still voicing Goku to this day.He did some other roles for Funimation before moving to New York to work for 4Kids Entertainment. Under 4Kids, he got what may be his second most famous role — Lucarionote in the Pokémon franchise and Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U, who is often compared to Goku by English-speaking fans for that very reason. Still occasionally returns to FUNimation, since Kai is recorded there today, and since 4Kids Entertainment currently has less work available.In 2013, he moved to California and currently is doing work there.He has a MAJOR voice range; no pigeon hole there.And when it comes to screaming, he is the undiputed master. No one screams as lengthilly and epically. His screams are often recycled any time any other character needs to scream in the same show! This alone makes for Absolute Crowning Moment of Awesome!
Notable roles from Sean Schemmel:
- Mr. Akashi and Shigeru Murota in YuYu Hakusho
- Amidamaru, Rio, and Nichrom in Shaman King
- Black Narcissus in Sonic X
- Bobasa, Karim, and Leichter in Yu-Gi-Oh!
- Elliot Grant in Mew Mew Power
- Gaston and Conrad in Berserk (1997) and Berserk: The Golden Age Arc. Lampshaded in the Outtakes, where Guts asks "So, which one of you is Goku?"
- Adult Goku, King Kai, Nail, Goku Black, Vegito, and Gogeta (the latter two with Christopher Sabat) in the Dragon Ball series
- Mr. Haywood in Magical DoReMi
- Helmeppo, Hachi, and Kuroobi in the 4Kids dub of One Piece
- Dr. Indigo in the FUNimation dub of One Piece: Strong World
- Morrison, Archie, Juan, and Cyrus in Pokémon
- The titular character in Munto
- Onsokumaru in Ninja Nonsense
- Batman in The Dark Knight Rises Gameloft Game. Yes, Goku is also the Goddamn Batman.
- Black Doom and Doom's Eye in Shadow the Hedgehog
- Hamilton Horstachio in Viva Pińata
- Horace in Skullgirls
- Lucario in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U
- Makuta Teridax in BIONICLE: The Game (yes, really)
- Ricardo Gomez in Shadow Hearts: From the New World
- Strong and various ghouls in Fallout 4
- Sun Wukong in Smite, which is pretty much an actor allusion to his role as Goku, since Son Goku is the same exact name as "Sun Wukong" only in a Japanese rendering (the name in question in Chinese characters is 孫悟空).
- Adult Goku, King Kai, Nail, Tokitoki, Vegito, and Gogeta (the latter two with Christopher Sabat) in Dragon Ball Xenoverse
- Goku (Super Saiyan and SSGSS) and Goku Black in Dragon Ball Fighter Z
- Zander in Dinosaur King
- Dickie Ranford in Speed Racer: The Next Generation
- Fender in Car's Life 2
- Gonard (and additional voices) in Kappa Mikey, who is rumored to be a Goku Expy. He stated it was a coincidence. He also voices nearly all the Large Ham Villains Of The Week.
- Valtor/Baltor in the 4Kids version of Winx Club
- Sh'Okanabo, Constable Biggles, Master Khan, and about three dozen minor characters in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- Mirage Raphael from Turtles Forever
- Truth or Punishment Cube in Star vs. the Forces of Evil
- Charlie Grimsley in "Lego Scooby Doo: Knight Time Terror"
- Dark Opal in the DC Super Hero Girls movie "Hero Of The Year"
- Veruca Salt's father in Tom and Jerry: Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory
- Slim and King Habib on Sofia the First
Apologies from stealing the Nobuyuki Hiyama joke from his page.