Marc Diraison is an American voice actor and voice director who works with many anime titles. He originally was working in New York within 4Kids Entertainment, Media Blasters and NYAV Post. Best known as Guts from Berserk, he worked with the Pokémon franchise, Samurai Deeper Kyo, GaoGaiGar, Ah! My Goddess and so many more others out there. Lately, has been working in Los Angeles' Bang Zoom! Entertainment produced English dubs such as Fate/Zero as Tokiomi Tohsaka and Sword Art Online's Akihiko Kayaba. His Canadian counterpart is (well was) David Kaye before the latter moved to Los Angeles. His Texan counterpart is arguably J. Michael Tatum. Also is the American counterpart to Show Hayami.
Notable roles by Marc Diraison:
- Akihiko Kayaba in Sword Art Online
- George Joestar in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
- Guts in Berserk (1997) and Berserk: The Golden Age Arc.
- Ithnan in Magi – Labyrinth of Magic
- Jet Link/Cyborg 002 in 009 Re:Cyborg
- Kugel in Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet
- Masami Kyomoto in Midori Days
- The Narrator in Zetman
- Roronoa Zoro/Zolo in One Piece (4Kids dub)
- Saizo Kiragakure in Samurai Deeper Kyo
- Tokiomi Tohsaka in Fate/Zero
- Tyson, Riley, and Ingo in Pokémon
- Kalin Kessler in Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's
- Zeon Zum Deikun in Mobile Suit Gundam The Origin
Tropes associated with Marc Diraison:
- Badass Baritone: Of varying flavors, from Akihiko Kayaba's calm baritone in Sword Art Online to Guts's Guttural Growler in Berserk.
- Spiritual Successor/Poor Man's Substitute: In the non-union dub side of things, to Crispin Freeman. In fact, some people mistakenly thought Kayaba's voice was by Freeman, due to Diraison sounding relatively similar to him. When asked about voicing Kayaba, Freeman confirmed that he didn't voice the character as the dub was non-union.