Alice and Bob have a somewhat antagonistic relationship and but they meet on somewhat civil terms during which time Alice notices some "sauce" is on Bob's face, but instead of telling him about it civilly, Alice (and it's typically Alice) decides to eat it directly off his face.
This is when a woman licks/eats off the face or body of a man (or another woman
), usually an uneasy ally or Slap-Slap-Kiss
romance partner at best and a Big Bad
at worst. Unresolved Sexual Tension
is a frequently observed between characters partaking in this; Combat Sadomasochism
is also very common. The taster will most often outright lick whatever is on the man (or woman
) directly off (blood
and the face itself are common targets as well as, maybe, food). Sometimes, characters may use their fingers
pick and eat off someone. This is almost always presented with some degree of sensuality.
Expect the man (or woman
) being tasted to be very
uncomfortable and unnerved by this. No matter what, the licker will always comment on how the man (or woman
) tastes, and he (or she) always tastes exquisite. Can easily lead to Foe Yay
In the event that a guy does this to a woman
, expect this to basically cement how the male character is a perverted deviant in the worst ways imaginable
A much Lighter and Softer
variation of this trope may see a character covered in food, such as after a Pie in the Face
or Food Fight
, and another character picking the food off the person with his/her finger and find it to be "not bad." These situations often overlap with Romance-Inducing Smudge
Related to Supernaturally Delicious and Nutritious
, Finger Licking Evil
, Evil Tastes Good
, Licking the Blade
, and Blood Lust
See I Taste Delicious
for self-tasting instances.
open/close all folders
Anime & Manga
- In Kaze no Stigma while Kazuma was pouring a bottle of fine wine, some of it splashed onto Ayano's face. He decides not to let it go to waste and licks it off her face. She, naturally, freaks out.
- Anko did this to Naruto once.
- In Rurouni Kenshin, Shishio bites a chunk of flesh out of Kenshin to demonstrate that he's dead serious about his philosophy: The weak are food for the strong. He then claims that Kenshin tastes terrible. Also most definitely not played for romance.
- In the third episode of Queen's Blade, Leina is tricked into oil wrestling Echindna (she thought it would be mud wrestling like earlier in the episode), during the match Echinda licks some oil off her check, which might be the tamest thing she did to her in the match.
- Black Bird: Kyo licks some ice cream off the corner of Misao's lips. This is a weird case: It's one of those "cementing-the-guy's-status-as-a-perverted-deviant", but it's also a romantic gesture between the two, who's relationship is...interesting, to say the least.
- There's also the fact that Misao really does taste delicious: her blood and flesh are Supernaturally Delicious and Nutritious, which not only makes her the target of bloodthirsty demons who occasionally invoke this trope, but also the personal Intimate Healing outlet of Kyo, who also considers her blood to be uber-tasty and healing.
- Ouran High School Host Club. The twins, Hikaru and Kaoru, often pull this with Haruhi. Mostly to goad Tamaki. Mostly...
- Jo Jos Bizarre Adventure: Part 5 gives us Bruno Buccellati's Ho Yay version of the lie detector. (Namely, licking one's sweat to check if they're lying since a liar's sweat tastes sweet.") "This taste... is the taste of a liar! Giorno Giovanna!"
- Kureha from Tokko does a variant of this when she first meets Ranmaru; She comes up to him and licks his face and comments on the way he tastes. She does it to see if she can "taste" a phantom inside him.
- In Rosario + Vampire, Kokoa licks the blood off Tsukune's face. From her point of view, it's not romantic, the blood was going to be wasted otherwise. From his point of view it's very creepy.
- There is a Running Gag in Wild ARMs involving the main character having blood that is very tasty to vampires, enough to force a marriage just to be near him.
- In Strontium Dog, Durham Red (pictured above) liked to nibble on Johnny Alpha to taste his blood when he'd cut his face. Of course, she liked how his blood tasted asks Johnny if he'd be willing to donate a pint. Johnny, naturally, declines.
- She also did this to Ronald Reagan when he accidentally cut himself, which really freaked him out (although it should be noted that Reagan only cut his leg, and not his face, which might have been pretty bad).
- Inverted in The Avengers when Whirlwind licks the cheek of an unconscious Wasp.
- Season 8 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer: a vampire speculates Buffy tastes good. Satsu states "You have no idea. Did I Just Say That Out Loud?"
- Featured in Men In Black II. While the villainess was talking to K she stuck her tongue in his ear. This was actually an improv by Lara Flynn Boyle in an attempt to make Tommy Lee Jones break character. It didn't work.
- At the beginning of the movie, a mugger licks said villainess' cheek and gives this line. She gives it back after eating him whole.
- In Transporter 2 Lola, who is by far the most depraved villain in the movie, does this to Frank when he is captured.
- Owen Wilson possibly has a fetish for this. This trope appears in both Shanghai Knights and in You Me And Dupree. Notably, they're both fantasy sequences. In the former, Fann Wong, playing Jackie Chan's character's sister, licks Owen Wilson's face, something that Roy - Wilson's character - dreams when he's unconscious. In the latter, Kate Hudson licks Wilson's face, this time in a fantasy (or nightmare) sequence of Carl Peterson, Kate Hudson's character's husband.
- The Mask: While Stanley is with Tina, she suddenly starts licking his ear. Then he wakes up and discovers that it was a dream, and his dog Milo is licking him.
- Batman Returns: While Batman is flat on his back and Catwoman is straddling his chest, she acts like she's going to kiss him but instead licks his chin and lips much like a cat.
- In the movie Mitchell, MST3K mocked this when Linda Evans offered Joe Don Baker the opportunity to lick some beer off her and he declined.
- Several inversions where a man licks a woman's face.
- In Spaceballs this is pretty literal, as Vinnie the cyber-mobster starts tasting parts of his boss, Pizza the Hutt.
- At one point, Vinnie actually says, "Boss, you're delicious."
- A really weird example in Japanese movie The Returner has the male villain lick a female scientist... to assert his dominance.
- In what might be a very literal use of this trope (and in a children's book, at that!), this is said to have happened in the first Wayside School book: to help Maurecia find who she likes (not in that way) in the class, Mrs. Jewls brings in ice cream that is "flavored" as the different students. The more she subconsciously likes a student, the better that student's ice cream will taste (this works for the other students, too). In the end, Maurecia has tried all of the students' flavors and found that she liked all of them (except Kathy, who no one likes), but she does like the Todd-flavored ice cream the most. This, however, leads to Maurecia trying to take a bite out of Todd himself every now and then...
- In Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Hermione comments Harry tastes good. Well, actually she's drinking Harry-infused potion.
- On The Steve Harvey Show, Regina arranged for Steve to get a Pie in the Face as a prank but changed her mind before she could call it off so she ran on stage and took the pie herself. Steve then ate some of the cream off her face and said, "Key Lime my favorite."
- In the NCIS episode "Driven", the team has to go to Sensitivity Training and Tony was leaning back on Ziva's desk. When the instructor described "Red Light Behavivor", Ziva decided to lick Tony's ear, which caused him to jump up in the middle of the class.
- The My Name Is Earl DVD Extra "Bad Karma" (which is the alleged "First Pilot," where Earl gets inspiration not from Carson Daly talking about Karma but from Stewie Griffin talking about revenge against those who wronged him) shows Earl getting revenge on Kenny — the guy Earl helped in the original pilot — by getting Kenny to have sex with a dude, specifically a transvestite hooker. (A little later it's revealed that Kenny is gay and he likes it.) The hooker shows up in Kenny's house and Kenny sprays Mace at hir but accidentally sprays it in his own eyes instead. The next scene is Kenny recuperating, saying, "Thanks for holding me down and licking the Mace out of my eyes, I really think it helped." This parallels a similar scene in the real pilot episode where he thanks Earl for prying his eyelids open and pouring milk on his eyes.
- In season 2 of Dexter, Dexter is using a dummy filled with fake blood made from corn syrup to recreate a crime scene, and Lila wipes some of the blood off of Dexter's arm with her finger and eats it, saying that it's "not bad".
- An inverted example from Titus: In the episode where Titus' mom is first introduced, she drugs everybody, and Erin falls face first into her mashed potatoes. Later, Titus picks her head up, says "Honey...we need to drill more...", then licks some gravy off her forehead.
- In an episode of Xena called "The Devi", a possessed Gabrielle licks Xena's cheek.
- Puppets Diddy Dick and Dom from Dick & Dom in da Bungalow were fairly prone to this; in one sketch Diddy Dom squeezed a zit over Diddy Dick's face and licked it. ("Mmm! Tastes like lemon!")
- Once Shawn Michaels and Ahmed Johnson where fighting the Smoking Gunns for the WWF World Tag Team Titles and the Gunns' manager Sunny came down to the ring with a large sheet cake for Michaels's birthday. However, after she interfered in the match, Ahmed threw her into the cake face first, and Michaels then grabbed her and began licking the icing off her face.
- Victoria once licked Stacy Keibler, remarking how she could "taste" Stacy's fear.
- When Cat Power licked Amber Gertner's cheek following a backstage interview in the all-women promotion SHIMMER, the incident was not deemed something erotic but was instead just flat out scary enough to make the commentators shudder.
- This Trope gets an entire song sequence in Sweeney Todd. "A Little Priest," a song sung between Sweeney and Mrs. Lovett as they come up with the idea to dispose of Sweeney's victims by cooking them in pies, is about speculating on how each person will taste once cooked.
Todd: (On the taste of a Priest) Heavenly. Not as hardy as Bishop, perhaps, but then not as bland as Cleric either.
Lovett: Good for business too- always leaves you wanting more! Trouble is we only get it on Sundays.
- The "I has a flavor" aspect of LOLCats should probably be mentioned.
- In Storm Hawks, Aerrow and Piper were eavesdropping on the Big Bad, Master Cyclonis, when she sensed them outside and threw a catering cart at the door, knocking the two of them down. Cyclonis then went over to Piper, who had some cream on her face. She ate it and then said that it was "not bad, except for the sour Storm Hawk aftertaste".
- The Nickelodeon Rugrats/The Wild Thornberrys crossover movie Rugrats Go Wild has Spike say to this to Eliza as he's licking her face when she tells him she'll help him find his family.
- The whole reason Fanboy and Chum Chum keep Barry over for tests at the Fanlair in "Berry Sick" is because he tastes like Frosty Freezy Freeze.
- In one episode of Littlest Pet Shop (2012), the main pet characters meet a cat named Sugar Sprinkles, who often hides inside a food truck drawer full of... sugar sprinkles, leaving her head and tail covered with the topping. Penny Ling licks the cat's head first chance she gets, but the cat is so okay with it, she invites the others to do the same.