Stacy Keibler (born Stacy Ann-Marie Keibler October 14, 1979 in Baltimore
, Maryland) is a Professional Wrestling
personality-turned-actor, who got her start as a Baltimore Ravens
cheerleader. She got her big break winning the WCW
Nitro Girl Contest in 1999, and was one of the two women (the other being Torrie Wilson
) brought to WWE
upon WCW's buyout in 2001. It was there that she remained until appearing on season two of Dancing with the Stars
As usual, you can find the basics about her career at The Other Wiki
You'd probably remember her as George Clooney
's girlfriend.Works she has appeared in:
"She's got tropes, she knows how to use them..."
- Action Girl: Defied in 2002. WWE wanted to put the Women's title on her but she refused, stating she wasn't a wrestler and it wouldn't be fair to the other Divas (though that didn't stop her getting in the ring more frequently in 2004). Though this led to Stacy being forever typecast as the Faux Action Girl she didn't inevitably have to be, in the long run it was probably the wise decision to make, seeing how Maryse Ouellet got roasted for agreeing to be booked as the Divas' Champion.
- The Adjectival Superhero/Alliterative Name: Super Stacy.
- All Guys Want Cheerleaders: Enforced during various gimmick matches. She had been one for the Baltimore Ravens NFL football team, though.
- Ambiguously Jewish: Suspected of this by some fans, due to her Ashkenazi-sounding last name and vaguely Semitic facial features…but as she was Raised Catholic, it isn't very likely. Still, she does hail from Baltimore, a city famous for its ethnic and religious diversity and that (at least proportionately) is home to a Jewish population that rivals that of New York, so it's possible that Stacy has a mixed ethnoreligious heritage. If she does, it's definitely a case of Matzo Fever.
- Arch-Enemy: Daffney Unger in WCW.
- Ass Kicks You:
- During the WCW World Tag Team Champions The Dudley Boys vs. the WWE World Tag Team Champions the Hardy Boyz cage match at Survivor Series 2001, Stacy pulled up the back of her shorts to distract referee Nick Patrick, so she could grab the key to help the Dudleys win, which they did.
- During the Rico (w/Miss Jackie Gayda) vs. Rene Dupree (w/Rob Conway) match on the February 2, 2004 Raw, Stacy flashed her butt to Dupree, though with her face to the camera, leading to Rico winning the match. This was a followup to Jackie having flashed Conway, with her back to the camera, the week before. WWE was teasing a Playboy photo shoot featuring two Divas, as opposed to how the three previous ones (Sable in 1999, Chyna in 2000 and Torrie Wilson in 2003) had each featured only one. This led to the Sable/Torrie vs. Stacy/Jackie Playboy Evening Gown Match at WrestleMania XX.
- Crossed with Green-Eyed Monster: In April 2003, Stacy was supposedly feeling rejected and jealous because of Test's interest in Torrie Wilson's Playboy issue. During the Test vs. Chris Jericho match on the April 14 Raw, Stacy largely ignored the match and instead played to the fans, even autographing a sign for one of them. She also walked up the ring steps and lifted the back of her skirt to show off her pink thong. Jericho won the match with the bulldog and the Lionsault.
- Badass Princess: Or rather, Badass Duchess, as "The Duchess of Dudleyville."
- Beauty Equals Goodness: One of the main reasons she remained a face after 2002.
- Blondes Are Evil: As a heel, though Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold inevitably came into play - and she spent most of her career as a face.
- Catholic School Girls Rule: Her costume of choice for most gimmick matches. Never mind the fact that she actually did go to Catholic school in Real Life.
- Chickification: Maybe it wasn't to an extreme degree, but Stacy did go through her ups and downs (sadly, mostly downs) during her four-and-a-half years in WWE. When she came to WWE in the summer of 2001, she did so not as a Naïve Newcomer but as a full-blooded member of the Alliance, Dark Action Girl, and someone at least modestly dangerous in the ring. Over the next year, she slid into decay as a Diva used mostly for Fanservice, and the year after that decayed still more as her Heel-Face Turn turned her Stupid Good and a prime target for all kinds of bullies, both male and female, both heel and face(!). She finally Took a Level in Badass in late 2004 and actually managed to win some matches and become Number One Contender to the Women's Championship. Then it was right back to Stupid Good Butt Monkey status for the rest of her career, especially when Randy Orton RKO'ed her in preparation for his WrestleMania match with The Undertaker.
- Commuting on a Bus: When she got the call to be on Dancing with the Stars, WWE pulled her off of Raw immediately (and out of a gimmick) and dropped her onto SmackDown! where she went back to Fanservice matches, had her last match ever on WWE Velocity, and then disappeared. She did reappear a few years later on an episode of the Tough Enough revival.
- Continuity Nod: While Trish Stratus was enjoying her storyline romance with Chris Jericho, Stacy offered her advice. She specifically said that there was no love lost between her and Jericho - referencing an incident that happened six months previously. Jericho had been feuding with Test and accidentally struck Stacy with a chair at ringside.
- Likewise her relationship with Torrie Wilson was still notably a little frosty in 2003 - despite both of them now being faces. This nodded that they still remembered their feud during the Invasion.
- Dance Battler: She trained extensively in jazz, tap and ballet dancing, and incorporated her training into her matches. The most notable example was with the Spinning Heel Kick, wherein she'd do almost a pirouette in spinning on one foot while clobbering her opponent with the other.
- Everyone Is Related: Subverted during her stint with The Dudley Boys, as she was the only member to not carry the Dudley name. From 1995 to early 1997 in the original ECW, there had been a LOT of Dudleys.
- Finishing Move: Spinning Heel Kick.
- Gimmick Matches: Stacy participated in everything from bra & panties and paddle on a pole matches to limbo and musical chairs!
- Groin Attack:
- During the "Wedding Gown" match between herself and Daffney Unger at WCW Bash at the Beach 2000, both David Flair and the referee had attempted to pull and keep the girls away from each other as they were fighting against one another from within a wild state and as the referee had tried his best to pull and keep her away from Daffney, she had instantly broken free from him and had soon got real upset with him as she had immediately kneed him in the groin, sending him down in a state of excruciating pain.
- She also kicked WWE ring announcer Howard Finkel in the crotch during a Tuxedo vs. Evening Gown Match in 2002, after which she and Trish Stratus and Lilian Garcia stripped him down to red bikini underwear.
- Heel-Face Turn: In 2002, and didn't look back.
- Hidden Depths: Along with Torrie Wilson, Sharmell Sullivan, and a number of other Faux Action Girls, a graduate (in June 2000, and one of the last) of WCW's notorious Power Plant, a pro-wrestling training facility so tough and grueling that it ended Bret Hart's career. note
- Homage: She did a photo shoot in 2003 dressed as the Statue of Liberty.
- I Have Many Names: Skye, Miss Hancock, the Duchess of Dudleyville and Super Stacy.
- Kick Chick: Her trademark moves were the Spinning Heel Kick and a corner foot choke.
- Kinky Spanking: She suffered this fate on multiple occasions. One such incident led to her getting whacked by The Big Show. Ouch.
- Light Feminine and Dark Feminine: The Dark Feminine to Torrie Wilson's light.
- May-December Romance: Stacy's character on The George Lopez Show dated George's father-in-law, and her former real life boyfriend, George Clooney, is 18 years her senior.
- Meaningful Name: In WCW, as Ms. Hancock. Being that Vince Russo doesn't believe in subtlety, he wanted to spell her last name Handcock, but that was rejected by both Turner Network execs and Stacy herself.
- Ms. Fanservice: Of course.
- Dangerously Short Skirt: Stacy would wear these for a deliberate Panty Shot when entering the ring, as well as when she would do a boot choke in the corner.
- Male Gaze: Even by Divas standards, as she got LOTS of attention for her legs and her butt. In 2011, she posed nude from the back for the book Culo, the title of which is Spanish for "butt" or "ass."
- Panty Shot: Part of her entrance.
- Lingerie Scene: The WWE Divas Undressed event and photo shoot, plus various other times in her career.
- She's Got Legs: A given, since she used Kid Rock's cover of the Trope Namer as her theme music. She's 5'11, and 42" of that are her legs, meaning that her legs make up almost 60% of her overall height.
- Walking Swimsuit Scene: MANY Divas photoshoots.
- Who Wears Short Shorts?: When she would actually wrestle, these would be her preference over short skirts.
- Mud Wrestling: This was basically the point of her character in Bubble Boy, and also participated in a particularly memorable one where she threw Trish Stratus off the top of the stage.
- Muscles Are Meaningless: She possessed surprising strength and stamina for a woman with a BMI (body-mass index) of only about 19 (borderline anexoric, even by non-wrestling standards) and once even bodyslammed Lita during a mixed tag-team match also featuring the Dudley Boyz and the Hardy Boyz.
- At one point, she could actually press over 400 pounds when she did a leg press.
- Once per Episode: EVERY time she was in a Bra and Panties match with Trish Stratus, the match would end with the following sequence: Stacy, who would be down to her bra, is standing on Trish's hair, leading to Trish headscissoring Stacy forward to pull down Stacy's shorts to win the match.
- Power Stable: (in WCW): The New Blood
- Purely Aesthetic Glasses: Frequently wore these throughout her wrestling career.
- Nerd Glasses: During her stint with the Dudleyz, Stacy wore the bulky Dudley gimmick glasses with the lenses popped out and tape on the bridge. Typically on top of her head, rather than on her nose.
- Real Life Writes the Plot: She dated David Flair and Test both on-screen and off.
- Reality Show: Will be hosting Lifetime's Supermarket Superstar.
- Really Gets Around: Accused of sleeping around the WCW lockeroom by Mike Tenay, who said he would have slept with her too if not his marriage.
- Sexy Secretary: As Ms. Hancock
- Sexy Spectacles: As Ms Hancock. Also when managing the Dudleys.
- Shameful Strip: Just look at all her bra and panties matches...
- Signature Move: Her corner foot choke, which was taken up by boyfriend Test when they were still friendly.
- Spiritual Successor: Brooke Adams popped up in TNA doing a Sexy Secretary gimmick known as Miss Tessmacher - an obvious Expy to Stacy's Miss Hancock gimmick.
- This Looks Like a Job for Aquaman: She was brought in as an advisor for one episode of WWE Tough Enough. What was the challenge? Cheerleading of course.
- Took a Level in Badass: In late 2004, when she pinned Molly Holly in three separate matches (although she needed some help the third time), became Number One Contender to Trish Stratus' Women's Championship, and then entered a seven-Diva Battle Royal at Taboo Tuesday and did better than anyone could have expected, making it more than two-thirds of the way through the match and being the longest-lasting face Diva left in the ring. Pretty impressive for someone who was consistently losing Bra and Panties matches just two years earlier.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Torrie Wilson, both on-camera and off for some time.
- Would Hit a Girl: Stacy has taken some pretty nasty bumps from men, particularly from her Domestic Abuse storyline with Test.
- Xenafication: While not to the extent of some of her peers, just compare a 2001 match to a 2006 match.
- You Can Leave Your Hat On: Memorably performed a striptease for Randy Orton the night he hosted Raw - which was also the TV debut for Candice Michelle, Maria Kanellis and Melina Perez. Apparently her mother was also in the crowd.