Wrestling: Rico Constantino
Amarico Sebastiano Constantino
(b. 1961) is an American Professional Wrestler
from Las Vegas, NV best known for his time in WWE
2002-2004 as Rico
. He started his career in 1998 in the Empire Wrestling Federation in Los Angeles
in 1998 after an initial career in law enforcement and as a contestant on American Gladiators.
He signed a developmental deal with WWE and was assigned to Ohio Valley Wrestling, where, as Rico Constantino
, he would hold the OVW Heavyweight Title
3 times and the OVW Southern Tag Team Titles
once with the Prototype (John Cena)
. He was introduced to WWE on WWE SmackDown!
in March 2002 as the stylist for the Ambiguously Gay
team of Billy (Gunn)
and Chuck (Palumbo). At WWE Judgment Day
, he was forced to team with the Face Rikishi
against Billy and Chuck, leading to he and Rikishi winning the WWE World Tag Team Titles
. However, Rico soon turned on Rikishi, enabling Billy and Chuck to regain the belts. He was moved to Raw
in September as the manager for the Wild Samoan Tag Team
Three Minute Warning (Rosey and Jamal [Umaga
]). (Ironically, he'd gone from feuding with Rikishi to managing his cousin [Rosey] and brother [Jamal].) After Jackie Gayda returned from OVW
, she became his valet on Raw
until they were drafted to SmackDown!
, where Rico started teaming with Charlie Haas
. They would hold the WWE SmackDown! Tag Team Titles
before Rico was abruptly released in 2004. He would go on to compete for All Japan Pro Wrestling
and hold the All Japan All Asia Tag Team Titles
with Bull Buchanan before retiring in 2005. (See He's Back
As usual, you can find the basics at The Other Wiki
- Agent Peacock
- Arch-Enemy: Rikishi, The Dudley Boys
- Badass: Let's see, he was a paramedic, he was on a SWAT team, he was a bodyguard, a martial arts background, competed on American Gladiators...he qualifies.
- Bash Brothers and Sisters: The Prototype, Billy and Chuck, Rosey and Jamal, Miss Jackie, Charlie Haas
- Camp Gay: As the manager for Billy and Chuck, and for Three Minute Warning
- Expy: Of "Exotic" Adrian Street when he was with Miss Jackie.
- Facial Markings
- Fan Disservice: When he walked out on stage in a thong during the Divas Undressed competition.
- Jerry Lawler had set up a "King Cam" backstage with the intention of capturing Diva nudity on camera. After the first part, the Teddy Competition, there was a backstage scene of Dawn Marie, with her back to the camera, removing her robe to reveal that she was only wearing a thong. Then Rico walked into the room and blocked the view of Dawn taking off the thong. They then walked out of the room, with Rico blocking any view of a nude Dawn Marie and saying, "Now, let's go put on some panties"note and Dawn sounded like she was thinking, "Do I have to?"
- Finishing Move: The High Hard One/Ricosault, Rico Kick, Sideburn Stunner
- Gorgeous George
- He's Back: Returned to wrestling in 2012 for the Future Stars of Wrestling promotion in Las Vegas.
- Hot-Blooded Sideburns: Seriously, just look at them. Heck, one of his finishers was even named the Sideburn Stunner.
- I Know Karate
- Large Ham: Of course. It's a requirement with a gimmick like his.
- Only One Name: The name Constantino was never used during his WWE run.
- Perky Female Minion: Miss Jackie Gayda, that Jackie Gayda.
- Power Stable:
- (in OVW): Bolin Services
- (in All Japan): RO&D
- Ratings Stunt: The Billy and Chuck "gay wedding" debacle was viewed as this.
- Red Baron: (in OVW): "Role Model"
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: He was the first to leave 3 Minute Warning, believing they had been losing too much.
- Sesquipedalian Smith: Inverted as Rico Constantino, completely averted with his real name.
- Tag Team:
- Three Minute Warning
- with Charlie Haas
- Take-That Kiss: To Bubba Ray Dudley
- Wrestling Doesn't Pay: A wrestling hairdresser.