Series: What About Brian
What About Brian is an ABC Dramedy, produced by J. J. Abrams, about three couples at different stages in their relationships... and Brian.The show lasted for two seasons from April 2006 - March 2007, and is on DVD in its entirety. Including a Missing Episode from the already shortened first season.
This show provides examples of:
- Accidental Marriage: Adam married Heather in Las Vegas.
- Bonus Episode: The final episode of the first season is only available on DVD.
- British Brevity: A rare American example, as the first season only had five episodes air on television.
- Bus Crash: Angelo dies off-screen, with the reveal at Nicole's baby shower.
- High School Sweethearts: Dave and Deena.
- How We Got Here: Done with the Pilot.
- Idiosyncratic Episode Naming: Every episode of the second season begins with "What About" and ends with ellipsis.
- Law of Inverse Fertility: Nicole and Angelo struggle with having a baby due to Nicole's age. They finally do conceive before Angelo dies.
- Likes Older Women: Angelo.
- Love Triangle: Brian/Marjorie/Adam.
- May-December Romance: Nicole and Angelo.
- Midseason Replacement
- Minor Flaw, Major Breakup: It's said that all of Brian's relationships end because of this.
- My Friends... and Zoidberg: The concept of the show is a group of people in relationships... and Brian.
- Polyamory: Deena wants an open relationship, which Dave reluctantly goes along with, with a "don't ask, don't tell" policy.
- Psycho Ex-Girlfriend: Karen becomes this when Brian breaks up with her in the Pilot. Hilariously referring to Brian is "Ted Bundy", kicking him out of his own house, and leaving him with her dog.
- Runaway Bride: Marjorie leaves Adam at the altar.
- Someone to Remember Him By: Nicole and Angelo's baby, Bella.