TV Tropes Needs Your Help
View Kickstarter Project
Big things are happening on TV Tropes! New admins, new designs, fewer ads, mobile versions, beta testing opportunities, thematic discovery engine, fun trope tools and toys, and much more - Learn how to help here
and discuss here
is a common and understandable pastime. But drawing a fictional character dressed as another fictional character? This is actually common too. See Cosplay Fan Art
This is a Sub-Trope
characters will frequently cosplay for Halloween rather than buying or making generic costumes. The characters commonly appear on a single panel, which usually occurs out of continuity and can happen even if the characters come from a setting without a Halloween
holiday. The characters can all cosplay to a single medium and/or cosplay as characters that inspired/influenced their own design.
open/close all folders
Anime and Manga
Live Action TV
- Gaia is quite fond of this for it's Halloween events, and the art changes every year. (With the exception of the past few years, where everyone recycled their costumes). It started out in 2004, with Agatha as Slimer, Meridith as Darth Vader, and Moria as Freddy Krueger. Other famous examples include Edmund as James Bond, Liam as Hannibal Lecter, Sasha as Samara, Ian as Jigen, Vanessa as Elvira, Mistress of the Dark, and Agatha as the most terrifying thing you've ever seen in your life.
- While the majority of shopkeepers didn't indulge in this trope for Halloween 2009, it did bring us Edmund as Batman. In the midst of the event, the Dernier* Cri crew returned with Brennivin as Andy Warhol, Kanoko as fellow RIG character Hatsya, and... Radio Jack Sparrow.
- Up to Eleven in 2010, with Nicolae as Alex, Moria as The Major, Kanoko as Hermione, Radio Jack as Pikachu, Ian as Goku, Rina as Chibitalia, Becky as Lady Gaga, Peyo as Max, Louie as Uryu Ishida... and the list goes on from there.
- A staple of Homestar Runner Halloween toons.
Hey, Stwong Bad. I weally like youw costume. The Spanish Inquisition?
That's gweat! Strong Bad:
Look, for the last time, I'm not the Spanish Inquisition, I'm not Cab Calloway, and I'm not Strong Bad wearing a yellow turtleneck! I'M CARMEN FREAKING SANDIEGO!!!! Marzipan:
I like Cab Calloway...
- At the Halloween of the Whateley Universe, Team Kimba went as characters from Tenchi Muyo! since Tennyo cannot keep from looking like Ryoko. No one told Phase that Generator made a Sasami costume for him to go in.