...you can't deny they look the part.M9 Girls!
is a webcomic by Rulopótamo and Danie I.
The M9 Girls are Any, Pato, Claudia, and Karla. They are a team of college researchers who gain the ability to tap into the primordial power of the universe and become endowed with superpowers as a result.
This comic provides examples of:
- Afraid of Needles: Pato apparently hates getting shots.
- Animesque: Both the story and the art are Manga-influenced.
- Bare Your Midriff: Any's costume reveals her slender midriff.
- The Bechdel Test: Passes. Unsurprisingly, given the majority female cast, all of them being college students, and the only one with a crush keeping it to herself.
- Cheeky Mouth: Frequently.
- Color Character: All the M9 Girls hero names.
- Crucified Hero Shot: When Any is given her second dose of radiation, the platform she’s on strongly resembles a cross.
- Curse Cut Short: Pato, when she realizes she possesses absorbent powers.
- Got Volunteered: Pato gets shoved to the front of the line for radiation treatment, despite her marked reluctance to go.
- Dramatic Irony: Vero is laughed at for thinking the lab is involved in some kind of conspiracy. And it is.
- Elemental Powers: The abilities that the M9 Girls possess seem to be connected to the universe's own inherent power.
- Everything's Better With Sparkles: Karla can produce colorful sparkles.
- Four-Temperament Ensemble: Any is melancholic, Pato is phlegmatic, Clau is sanguine, and Karla is choleric.
- How Do I Shot Web?: The third chapter has the girls experimenting with their powers, and the fourth chapter features a training sequence under Professor T.X.
- Identical Panel Gag: Every now and then. For example, this page depicts how exciting is the actual work at a genetics lab, and this page uses it to convey Any's time-freezing powers.
- In-Series Nickname: All of the girls are known by their shortened nicknames.
- LEGO Genetics: A combination of this and radiation are what give the M9 Girls their powers.
- Luminescent Blush: Any blushes quite a bit around the professor early on.
- Mad Scientist: Professor T.X. does not seem to have problems with a complete lack of research ethics for human experimentation.
- Magical Girl: The M9 Girls are the mad science-version of the trope.
- Manipulative Bastard: Professor T.X. uses his ridiculously good looks to manipulate Any, Pato, Claudia, and Karla into becoming subjects for his mad experiments.
- Mind over Matter: Claudia is a telekinetic.
- Mini Dress Of Power: Lampshaded. Karla reasons that, since they are becoming super heroines, they should all wear pretty costumes.
- My Significance Sense Is Tingling: Any realizes that she is able to read minds and becomes disappointed in her choice of crushes.
- Only Known By Their Nick Name: Professor T.X.
- Power Glows: Using cosmic powers results in a purple aura.
- Quirky Curls: Pato, the most contrary of the group.
- Shy Finger Twiddling: Karla does this when the Professor points out the unaccounted expense on the costumes she has made for the Girls.
- Sour Supporter: Pato is the least enthusiastic member of the group. She’s also prone to teasing from the others as a result.
- Spandex, Latex, or Leather: Technically, "an unaccounted expense on high-resistance polymer fibers"
- Speech Bubbles: Each character gets a different font in the early chapters. Apparently the authors got tired of keeping track of the fonts, because they have dropped it in later chapters.
- Super Hero Origin: The webcomic itself is an origin story.
- Time Master: Any can create a bubble inside of which time is slowed down.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Vero and Karla.
- Translation Convention: The comic is published originally in Spanish. The M9 Girls speak Spanish and the English version is there for readers' convenience.
- Will They or Won't They?: Any and Professor T.X.