Yuu Haruna just moved into town and loves to be on twitter. Out on his way to buy dinner he bumps into a mysterious girl, Fuuka Akitsuki, who breaks his phone thinking he was trying to take a picture of her panties. How will his new life change now? (Taken from Bakaupdates) It is written by Seo Kouji
, author of Kimi No Iru Machi
and Princess Lucia
. Can be considered as a sequel to his previous work Suzuka
This series provides examples of:
- Accidental Pervert: Yuu regularly faces that problem when he's around Fuuka, either due to his clumsiness, her lack of focus or just plain bad luck.
- Ambiguously Gay: Averted with Mikasa Makoto. He's quite straightforward about himself "not being interested in girls" and mercilessly teases Yuu.
- The Cameo: Daiki the son of Haruto and Yuzuki appears in chapter 37.
- Character Title: Fuuka is the heroine of the series. As of chapter 37, it is now on track to being an Artifact Title.
- In Chapter 48 It's revealed to be a different Fuuka
- Childhood Friends: Yuu and Koyuki were friends till Koyuki had to move.
- Childhood Friend Romance: When they were young, Yuu and Koyuki both had a crush on the other. Koyuki kept hers, Yuu didn't.
- Dropped A Bridge On Her: Fuuka gets run over by a truck in Chapter 36.
- Gay Moment: As pointed out above, invoked by Mikasa to tease Yuu, whenever the poor guy expresses his admiration. Which happens a lot.
- Idol Singer: Koyuki is one.
- Lead Bassist: Yuu is briefly a type 2 when he takes over vocals because Fuuka is a no-show for a concert.
- Lethal Chef: Fuuka. Yuu learns it the hard way during their summer break job.
- Loser Protagonist: Yuu is portrayed as a socially inept guy who spends far too much time on Twitter (going as far as getting a replacement smartphone when his phone gets broken, for no other purpose than simply to have Twitter access). He easily caves in under other people's pressure. Even his sisters treat him as an absolute loser.
- This Loser Is Yuu: Yuu's inability to function outside Twitter mirrors that of many teenagers nowadays, making it easy for them to identify with him.
- On the other hand, it may be purely an Informed Flaw, at least since Yuu met Fuuka. She just won't let him stick his nose in his smartphone and ignore the real world. Sure, he thinks a lot about writing stuff on Twitter, but overall we don't see him online all that much.
- Mistaken for Gay: Happens to Yuu twice, first in Chapter 7, when his female classmates mistake an argument between Nachi and Mikasa as them fighting over him, and again in Chapter 30, when one of said classmates yells out to everyone in the hall that Yuu likes Mikasa and Nachi, after everyone called on him to "confess his feelings" to Koyuki.
- Name's the Same: Yuu encounters a singer that he gets along with, and finds out by the end of the chapter that her name is also Fuuka
- Official Couple: Yuu and Fuuka start dating pretty early into the manga. Subverted when Fuuka dies in Chapter 36
- Panty Shot: Fuuka thinks Yuu tried to take one when she first met him. He ended up actually snapping one later.
- Plucky Girl: Fuuka is an optimistic, energetic girl - and once she gets inspired, it would probably take a 18-wheeler truck to dislodge the idea from her head. Makoto even comments how she seems to grow wings whenever she gets inspired or simply enjoys herself.
- Romantic False Lead: Shockingly Fuuka herself, who dies in chapter 36
- Secondary Character Title: Fuuka isn't the main character but the heroine. She later isn't even that
- She Is All Grown Up: Fuuka. The last time we saw her in the extra Suzuka Return Home chapter she was just a little girl.
- Sugar and Ice Personality: Sara, so much that it hurts. Actually comes in three flavours instead of usual two:
- The Ice Queen, who tends to either scare people away or leave their bothersome company. Possibly a Stepford Snarker.
- Her Twitter persona, "Yamato Admiral", is Yuu's online friend. A kind and friendly person, "Yamato" seems to enjoy life and has no problem with social interaction.
- Once she recognizes Yuu in real life, she immediately switches to Genki Girl mode, with a serious Motor Mouth problem. She also gets extremely apologetic for her prior behaviour. Probably justified by the fact that Yuu is one of the few people she trusts and feels free to show her awkward, slightly airheaded side.
- Tsundere: Fuuka is a mild type B. She's friendly, nice and enthusiastic, but doesn't shy away from throwing a ball at Yuu or splashing him with cold water to snap him out of his brooding. She gets really violent in Yuu's Accidental Pervert moments.
- Generally, she's closer to her father in personality than her mother. Apparently her little sister has inherited more of their mother's personality.
- As of Chapter 22, it looks like Sara is heading this way, although she's coming at this trope from the other side.
- Unwanted Harem: Yuu has Fuuka, Sara and Koyuki. Though it's now a love triangle with Fuuka's death
- Wham Episode: Chapter 36. Fuuka gets run over by a truck.
- Chapter 37. Fuuka actually dies from the accident.