Yuu Haruna just moved into town and loves to be on twitter. Out on his way to buy dinner he bumps into a mysterious girl, Fuuka Akitsuki, who breaks his phone thinking he was trying to take a picture of her panties. How will his new life change now? (Taken from BakaupdatesIt is written by Seo Kouji, author of Kimi No Iru Machi
and Princess Lucia
. Can be considered as a sequel to his previous work Suzuka
This series provides examples of:
- Accidental Pervert: Yuu regularly faces that problem when he's around Fuuka, either due to his clumsiness, her lack of focus or just plain bad luck.
- Ambiguously Gay: Averted with Mikasa Makoto. He's quite straightforward about himself "not being interested in girls" and mercilessly teases Yuu.
- Gay Moment: As pointed out above, invoked by Mikasa to tease Yuu, whenever the poor guy expresses his admiration. Which happens a lot.
- Lethal Chef: Fuuka. Yuu learns it the hard way during their summer break job.
- Loser Protagonist: Yuu is portrayed as a socially inept guy who spends far too much time on Twitter (going as far as getting a replacement smartphone when his phone gets broken, for no other purpose than simply to have Twitter access). He easily caves in under other people's pressure. Even his sisters treat him as an absolute loser.
- This Loser Is Yuu: Yuu's inability to function outside Twitter mirrors that of many teenagers nowadays, making it easy for them to identify with him.
- On the other hand, it may be purely an Informed Flaw, at least since Yuu met Fuuka. She just won't let him stick his nose in his smartphone and ignore the real world. Sure, he thinks a lot about writing stuff on Twitter, but overall we don't see him online all that much.
- Panty Shot: Fuuka thinks Yuu tried to take one when she first met him. He ended up actually snapping one later.
- Plucky Girl: Fuuka is an optimistic, energetic girl - and once she gets inspired, it would probably take a nuke to dislodge the idea from her head. Makoto even comments how she seems to grow wings whenever she gets inspired or simply enjoys herself.
- She Is All Grown Up: Fuuka. The last time we saw her in the extra Suzuka Return Home chapter she was just a little girl.
- Sugar and Ice Personality: Sara, so much that it hurts. Actually comes in three flavours instead of usual two:
- The Ice Queen, who tends to either scare people away or leave their bothersome company. Possibly a Stepford Snarker.
- Her Twitter persona, "Yamato Admiral", is Yuu's online friend. A kind and friendly person, "Yamato" seems to enjoy life and has no problem with social interaction.
- Once she recognizes Yuu in real life, she immediately switches to Genki Girl mode, with a serious Motor Mouth problem. She also gets extremely apologetic for her prior behaviour. Probably justified by the fact that Yuu is one of the few people she trusts and feels free to show her awkward, slightly airheaded side.
- Tsundere: Fuuka is a mild type B. She's friendly, nice and enthusiastic, but doesn't shy away from throwing a ball at Yuu or splashing him with cold water to snap him out of his brooding. She gets really violent in Yuu's Accidental Pervert moments.
- Generally, she's closer to her father in personality than her mother. Apparently her little sister has inherited more of their mother's personality.
- As of Chapter 22, it looks like Sara is heading this way, although she's coming at this trope from the other side.