Mako is not a girl.Boku no Futatsu no Tsubasa
is a manga by Yui Toshiki.
Hiromi is very excited that her cousin Makoto is coming to stay with her and her mother. Hiromi remembers playing with Mako when they were little and is hoping “he” has grown into a handsome young man. However, when Makoto shows up as a very buxom young woman it starts of a chain of misunderstandings, secrets and cover-ups
This is an Ecchi
manga and features adult situations, explicit sex scenes, and nudity. Some of this is played up as fanservice, but there is a lot of sex tied into the plot as well.
The manga includes examples of:
- A Date with Rosie Palms: Mako-chan, which often leads to...
- Action Girl: Mako can kick much butt when the need arises.
- All Men Are Perverts: Averted with Hisamatsu, but played straight with his friend Keigo.
- Amazon Chaser: Keigo suddenly becomes interested in Mako after she beats up a group of muggers trying to steal her mobile telephone.
- Barbie Doll Anatomy: Runs on the standard Rule of Ecchi — nipples are fair game, genitals aren't drawn.
- Berserk Button: Don't call Mako-chan a monster.
- Bi the Way: Both Makoto and the resident Casanova, though the former eventually settles on women, and the latter is basically not all that choosy to begin with.
- Bizarre Alien Biology: Mako-chan and her "father".
- Boldly Coming: Inverted. Here, it is the aliens who initiate "first contact", and not because Mars Needs Women.
- Book Ends: It starts and ends with Hiromi opening the door, expecting somebody else, and being surprised when Mako arrives. The panel layouts and character movements are the exact same as well.
- Buxom Is Better: Most of the guys, and a few of the girls are impressed with Mako-chan's ample chest, which is an F-cup.
- Everybody Wants the Hermaphrodite: Mako herself seems to prefer girls: she has the thought that the only people who really accepted her as she was were girls. (The two guys she dates don't exactly leave her a great impression of men.)
- Gainax Ending: More of a highly rushed ending, but it does resolve the plot in an almost lightning speed manner that is a little confusing to follow.
- The majority of the series is spent being a kind of Slice of Life Romantic Comedy revolving around how to keep the fact that Mako is a hermaphrodite a secret with a mysterious force in the background. The last few chapters kick in with it being revealed that Mako is actually an alien, people want her to hold for ransom so they can get alien technology from her father, she then goes back to her father's homeworld... and comes back to Earth again in the last few pages just to have sex with Hiromi.
- Glowing Eyes of Doom: When Makoto's alien powers kick in.
- Hermaphrodite: Mako
- Human Mom, Non-human Mom/Dad: Mako and her parents.
- If It's You, It's Okay: Kanna's reaction to being deflowered by Mako and also straight with Keigo. Averted with Hisamatsu who says they're okay with it but when it came down to it... it didn't go as planned.
- On a meta level, Mako's hermaphroditism. Everyone who learns of it accepts it; none of them ever try to out her to the world at large.
- Interspecies Romance: Makoto's parents. And to some extent, every romance involving their daughter is that.
- Lethal Chef: Eating all of Makoto's bentou is a very bad idea.
- Luke, I Am Your Father: Hiromi's adoptive mother is actually Mako's mother.
- Making Love in All the Wrong Places: Both Makoto and Hiromi use the nurse's office (not with each other), and Mako also makes use of various other locations around the school with Kanna.
- Not Blood Siblings: Hiromi reminds Makoto that she is adopted — meaning they are not blood cousins — but not until after some (accidental) incestuous behavior.
- Older Than They Look: Ayame looks like she's about twelve.
- Playing Doctor: Mako-chan and Hiromi as kids, leading to some amusing misconceptions.
- Porn With Plot
- Schoolgirl Lesbians: Kanna, Tamami and Hiromi, sort of.
- Sister Sister Incest: Mako and Hiromi at the very end, although they are Not Blood Siblings. The way it is brought is a bit... sudden though.
- Teacher/Student Romance: Mako catches Keigo cheating on Hiromi with one of the school's teachers.
- Transsexual: Tomoki, who describes herself as "a girl trapped in a boy's body".
- Yuri Genre: A good part, if not most of the romances are between girls. Although Mako is a hermaphrodite, her female side is clearly prominent (except during sex).