"My willy's gone!"
— Suzushiro Mizuki
Boku Girl is a seinen Gender Bender
series by Sugito Akira.
Suzushiro Mizuki is a first year high school student who's considered very attractive by many of the guys at school, and is constantly getting asked out. Unfortunately for Mizuki, he is also a guy
. Even his crush, Fujiwara, thinks of him as a girl friend. Only his best bud Ichimonji Takeru seems to know and care that he's a man.
The story begins with Mizuki receiving yet another confession of love by a guy who won't back down even after Mizuki tells him he's male
near a supposed Magic Mirror
that grants the wish of anyone who confesses to someone before it. Meanwhile, the Norse god of trickery Loki has decided to turn her
eye to the mortal world for a new form of entertainment. Seeing Mizuki's situation, she decides to have some fun and turn Mizuki into an actual girl.
Waking up with two new breasts and one missing willy, Mizuki reveals his situation to Takeru and desperately looks for a way to turn himself back into a boy and hide his new form. Just to add to the problem, Loki has decided to enroll in Mizuki's school to directly provoke and antagonize him.
Boku Girl contains examples of:
- Attractive Bent-Gender: Mizuki, though outside of anatomical differences Mizuki doesn't look especially different. This trope also causes Takeru a great deal of confusion as he becomes attracted to Mizuki as a girl.
- Camp Straight: Nanatarou V. Yamada is highly flamboyant and rather obsessed with womens' underwear to the point of wearing it regularly due being heir to a lingerie company. He is also attracted to Mizuki, who he knows is physically female and is legitimately shocked on realizing Mizuki likes Fujiwara.
- Chew Toy: Mizuki, as Loki has decided to make his life a living hell because she's bored.
- Childhood Friend Romance: Mizuki and Takeru have been best friends since they were kids. After the Gender Bender thing, Takeru begins to feel strongly attracted to Mizuki, but tries to suppress it as much as possible. Mizuki doesn't notice it at first, but later begins to feel attracted to Takeru too.
- Closet Otaku: Fujiwara has loved mecha since she was a child but keeps it hidden not so much for the otaku stereotype but because they're stereotypically boyish and any girls who might have shared her interest have since outgrown it.
- Disguised in Drag: Now that he's a girl, Mizuki's boys' uniform counts as a crossdressing disguise.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: Mizuki before the Gender Bender.
- Ecchi: The manga doesn't shy away from showing Mizuki's new assets.
- Entertainingly Wrong: Characters who learn Mizuki is female, but not that he was transformed into a girl, usually take Mizuki's declarations that he's a guy as something along the lines of Mizuki being transgender. Another character, Fujiwara, who does know Mizuki was male but sees him doing girly things (such as wearing panties) goes in the opposite direction and assumes Mizuki wants to be a girl.
- Fear of Thunder: Thanks to punishment by Thor, Loki has a pretty strong fear of the sound of thunder.
- Forceful Kiss: In Chapter 17, Takeru just can't hold his confused self back anymore and kisses Mizuki in a heated moment. Mizuki doesn't take it well.
- Gender Bender: Caused by Loki the trickster god.
- Innocently Insensitive: Loki plays herself off as this in school, such as commenting on how girls can wear the boys uniform when first seeing Mizuki.
- It Amused Me: Loki got bored of pranking the gods, so she decides to take on the mortal world.
- Jizzed in My Pants: As a result of a badly placed rope (courtesy of Loki). Not familiar with the sensations, Mizuki thought it was a case of Potty Failure.
- The Modest Orgasm: In chapter 11. It was so modest not even Mizuki fully realized what had happened, thinking instead it was a case of Potty Failure.
- Panty Shot: The one time Mizuki is forced to wear womens' underwear (because his boxers were left out to dry during a rainstorm) is also the one time he ends up flashing his undies to Fujiwara.
- Secret Keeper: Takeru and Mei are the only ones who know Mizuki was transformed into a girl. Yamada knows Mizuki is physically female, but not that he was gender bent. As far as Mizuki knows, the same is true of Loki. As of chapter 38, Fujiwara has also been let in on the full secret.
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: Mizuki and Takeru, at least as Fujiwara perceives them. Mizuki was raised to be a fighter and a man's man to compensate for his appearance, but is prone to getting emotional when it comes to his crush and his situation.
- Stronger Than They Look: Mizuki is pretty small and girly, but he can easily throw people much bigger than him by the arm.
- Tomboy: Fujiwara is a closet tomboy, having loved mechas since she was a child and often behaving more masculine than the manliness-obsessed Mizuki.
- Transsexual: Outsiders who learn Mizuki is a girl seem to make the assumption that Mizuki falls into this trope.
- Triang Relations: Mizuki has a crush on a girl named Fujiwara, who is more interested in Takeru. Meanwhile, Takeru is developing an awkward attraction to Mizuki's new female body.
- Troll: Loki's reason for being and the entire reason she does anything. She likes to cause a mess then sit back and enjoy the show.
- Unresolved Sexual Tension: Mizuki and Takeru, mostly from the latter.