"My willy's gone!"
— Suzushiro Mizuki
Boku Girl is a seinen Gender Bender
series by Sugito Akira.
Suzushiro Mizuki is a first year high school student who's considered very attractive by many of the guys at school, and is constantly getting asked out. Unfortunately for Mizuki, he is also a guy
. Even his crush, Fujiwara, thinks of him as a girl friend. Only his best bud Ichimonji Takeru seems to know and care that he's a man.
The story begins with Mizuki receiving yet another confession of love by a guy who won't back down even after Mizuki tells him he's male
near a supposed Magic Mirror
that grants the wish of anyone who confesses to someone before it. Meanwhile, the Norse god of trickery Loki has decided to turn her
eye to the mortal world for a new form of entertainment. Seeing Mizuki's situation, she decides to have some fun and turn Mizuki into an actual girl.
Waking up with two new breasts and one missing willy, Mizuki reveals his situation to Takeru and desperately looks for a way to turn himself back into a boy and hide his new form. Just to add to the problem, Loki has decided to enroll in Mizuki's school to directly provoke and antagonize him.
Boku Girl contains examples of:
- Attractive Bent-Gender: Mizuki.
- Chew Toy: Mizuki, as Loki has decided to make his life a living hell because she's bored.
- Childhood Friend Romance: Mizuki and Takeru have been best friends since they were kids. After the Gender Bender thing, Takeru begins to feel strongly attracted to Mizuki, but tries to suppress it as much as possible. Mizuki doesn't notice it at first, but later begins to feel attracted to Takeru too.
- Disguised in Drag: Now that he's a girl, Mizuki's boys' uniform counts as a crossdressing disguise.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: Mizuki before the Gender Bender.
- Ecchi: The manga doesn't shy away from showing Mizuki's new assets.
- Fear of Thunder: Thanks to punishment by Thor, Loki has a pretty strong fear of the sound of thunder.
- Forceful Kiss: In Chapter 17, Takeru just can't hold his confused self back anymore and kisses Mizuki in a heated moment. Mizuki doesn't take it well.
- Gender Bender: Caused by Loki the trickster god.
- It Amused Me: Loki got bored of pranking the gods, so she decides to take on the mortal world.
- The Modest Orgasm: In chapter 11. It was so modest not even Mizuki fully realized what had happened, thinking instead it was a case of Potty Failure.
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: Mizuki and Takeru, at least as Fujiwara perceives them. Mizuki was raised to be a fighter and a man's man to compensate for his appearance, but is prone to getting emotional when it comes to his crush and his situation.
- Stronger Than They Look: Mizuki is pretty small and girly, but he can easily throw people much bigger than him by the arm.
- Triang Relations: Mizuki has a crush on a girl named Fujiwara, who is more interested in Takeru. Meanwhile, Takeru is developing an awkward attraction to Mizuki's new female body.
- Unresolved Sexual Tension: Mizuki and Takeru, mostly from the latter.