One day, Yui Sonezaki finds a homeless man on the street. Out of the kindness of her heart, she feeds him. He ends up following her to her beloved family curry shop which is about to be sold off. But turns out this man, Makito Koenji, is a skilled chef who loves curry. The two decide to team up to keep the shop afloat.Addicted to Curry
is an ongoing Romance Comedy manga that features Food Porn
in the form of (obviously) curry.Needs Wiki Magic Love
This series provides examples of:
- A-Cup Angst: People constantly poke fun at Yui's breasts.
- Almost Kiss: Yui tries to kiss Makito on the cheek when he asks about her first kiss. But he turns to her so that their lips almost meet. She gets too embarrassed and ends up head butting him instead.
- Berserk Button: Tooru is a huge Jerkass however he notably gets angrier if you leave his finished cooking uneaten or touch his father's knife. This is notable because this was his Start of Darkness. His father was betrayed by the restaurant he worked his life for by having his opponent bribe the judges to not even eat his cooking, and when he discovered about that he hung himself.
- Big Brother Instinct: Nearly everything Udou does, he does for his little sister.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Ryan turns out to be this. Udou knew he is fishy before he was even introduced to the main cast.
- Chivalrous Pervert: Makito.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Yui towards girls close to Makito.
- Coitus Uninterruptus: Udou has sex while on the phone.
- Crazy Jealous Guy: Makito is not a fan of how Ryan and Yui interact. It doesn't help that Ryan manipulates him into thinking they've kissed each other.
- Cultured Badass: Makito is very well educated in the culinary arts and cultural backgrounds of all kinds of curry. His analysis of the environment and customer demographic also helps boost sales dramatically.
- Disappeared Dad: Yui's dad is gone throughout the story, and Yui and Makito are waiting for his return throughout the story.
- Makito's quest in life is to meet his father, who doesn't even know he exists.
- The Dulcinea Effect: Ryan sabotages the relationship between Yui and Makito and then challenges him to a match with Yui on the line, despite only meeting her a few days ago.
- Food Porn: It's a food manga, what do you expect?
- Get A Hold Of Yourself Man: Udou gave this to Makito when his relationship with Yui is starting to fall apart.
- Handsome Lech: Udou. Makito tries to be this and often fails.
- Horrible Judge of Character: Yui's father sends Ryan to inspect the shop and Yui (which ended up with Ryan trying to sabotage Yui's relationship with Makito and trying to date her), then lashes out at Makito thinking he's trying to tempt her daughter (in his defense, it is Makito), and tries to close the curry shop, thinking it would be beneficial for his daughter.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Makito. And Udou.
- Lethal Chef: Yui.
- Lovable Sex Maniac: Makito. Later on, Udou.
- Love at First Sight: Ryan falls in love with Yui after hearing about her through her father, hearing her voice over the phone and finally meeting her in person.
- Not What It Looks Like: Makito sees Ryan and Yui hugging in the kitchen at night. The circumstances behind it are a bit ambiguous, but it was actually just Ryan hugging her out of the blue after meeting her there. But Ryan keeps up the facade and tells Makito that they hugged and kissed with each other's consent.
- Real Men Cook: It's actually rather rare to see a female chef in the story. Not even Yui cooks despite her involvement in the restaurant business.
- Serious Business: As you can imagine, the characters take curry rather seriously. Justified in how this is also the way they make their living.
- Shown Their Work: Not only does this manga involve important information about curry and its ingredients, but also cook the very curry with the recipes inside the manga.
- The Stoic: Keigo.
- Supreme Chef: Several of the chefs in this manga are this.
- Unresolved Sexual Tension: Between Makito and Yui.
- What the Hell, Hero?: When Yui's dad finally returns, he gets a less than warm welcome from his daughter and wife for abandoning the curry restaurant and his child for an entire year.
- Will They or Won't They?: Makito and Yui.