Bokura no Hentai
) is based around three junior high school children who come across each other on a crossdressing community website and decide to meet up in real life. Marika is transsexual
, Yui dresses up as his dead older sister, and Parou began crossdressing because the boy he liked wasn't into boys.
And no, it's not a Hentai
. Using that word to refer to porn is purely a western invention
. It also has absolutely nothing to do with Bokurano
This manga provides examples of:
- A Date with Rosie Palms: Marika takes a habit of this after Parou molests her. She doesn't like the fact she does it though.
- Art-Style Dissonance: It has a very cute art style but the content itself is quite dark and adult.
- Attractive Bent-Gender: All the protagonists.
- Bi the Way: Natsume. He says he's mainly attracted to girls but doesn't seem to dislike the idea that he could fall for a guy some day. He sees Marika as a boy and flirts with her in chapter 10.
- Double Standard: Sort of. When Akane complains in front of Marika that she dislikes being a girl and wants to be a boy, Ryou calls her insensitive. That Akane herself might be transgender is never considered.
- D-Cup Distress: Hachi is shown to have this. She was One of the Boys until she started growing breasts early. All her friends didn't want to hang out with her and her breast size was fussed over by boys and girls.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: Ryou has been stated to look identical to his sister in elementary, just with shorter hair, and he has long eyelashes.
- Expy: Marika looks and acts quite a bit like a certain other trans girl character.
- Dysfunction Junction: Literally everyone in the manga has varying degrees of this.
- Evil Blonde: Ryou seems this at first, with his negative disposition and aggressive nature. He's not really "evil" though, more "very troubled".
- Girlish Pigtails: Ryou wears these when he crossdresses because his sister, Yui, used to wear them.
- My Sibling Will Live Through Me: Ryousuke's reason for crossdressing.
- Mood Whiplash: The first chapter is rather sickly sweet with the second mostly being bittersweet, though Ryou comes along and gives a harsh foreshadowing to the grimness of the next two chapters. The fifth chapter is where it returns to its bittersweetness.
- In-Series Nickname: Tamura Shuu is "Parou" and Kijima Ryousuke is "Yui". Marika's given name is "Aoki Yuuta".
- Incompatible Orientation: Shuu and his love interest.
- Shout-Out: In chapter 3 to Wandering Son. One of Ryou's friends has a crush on Marika and assumes she's a girl who crossdresses at school.
- Rape as Drama: Shuu was sexually abused by an older boy when he was younger.
- There Are No Therapists: Ryou begins dressing up as his dead older sister and has delusions that she's a ghost speaking to him. His mother doesn't seem in very good shape either; their house is cluttered and she plays along with his dress up games. Shuu and Marika aren't much better. The former is in an abusive relationship with a high schooler who only uses him for sex and the latter has Gender Dysphoria.
- The Unfavorite: Ryou's mother never cared much for him. She focused her attention on his older sister, who was an up-and-coming model before she died. Even after her death she only pays attention to him when he's dressed as her.
- Transsexual: Marika.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: Ryou and Shuu. Volume 2 introduces Satoshi, who goes to school in the girls uniform.
- Wrong Genre Savvy: Marika seems to think she's in a classic shoujo manga. She isn't.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Shuu, though dialogue refers to it as black once.
- Growing Up Sucks: Akane hates mensturation and Satoshi cannot fit into his sisters clothes, forcing him to stop crossdressing. Ryou worries about growing taller since he can no longer pretend to be his sister, Marika gets dysphoria over puberty, and Shuu's crush thinks he's disgusting since he's masculanizing. Hachii's breast development has caused her much trouble.