Bokura no Hentai
is a seinen manga by Fumiko Fumi, based around three junior high school children who come across each other on a crossdressing community website and decide to meet up in real life. Marika is transsexual
, Yui dresses up as his dead older sister, and Parou began crossdressing because the boy he liked wasn't into boys.
And no, it's not a Hentai
(though it's not completely safe-for-work either). It also has absolutely nothing to do with Bokurano
This manga provides examples of:
- A Date with Rosie Palms: Marika takes a habit of this after Parou molests her. She doesn't like the fact she does it though.
- Art Shift: Marika's Imagine Spots are drawn in an oldschool shoujo style.
- Art-Style Dissonance: It has a very cute art style but the content itself is quite dark and adult.
- Attractive Bent-Gender: All the protagonists.
- Beauty Mark: Parou has one on the left (our right) side of his chin, and Tomochi has one in the middle of his right cheek.
- Bi the Way: Tomochi. He says he's mainly attracted to girls but doesn't seem to dislike the idea that he could fall for a guy some day. In chapter 10, he flirts with Marika while seeing her as a boy at the time.
- Does Not Like Men: Mai, due to her family situation.
- Double Standard: Sort of. When Akane complains in front of Marika that she dislikes being a girl and wants to be a boy, Ryou calls her insensitive. That Akane herself might be transgender is never considered.
- Dead Person Conversation: Ryou has these with his sister's ghost.. Maybe?
- D-Cup Distress: Hachi is shown to have this. She was One of the Boys until she started growing breasts early. All her friends didn't want to hang out with her and her breast size was fussed over by boys and girls.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: Ryou has been stated to look identical to his sister in elementary, just with shorter hair, and he has long eyelashes.
- Expy: Marika looks and acts quite a bit like a certain other trans girl character.
- Dysfunction Junction: Literally everyone in the manga has varying degrees of this.
- Girlish Pigtails: Ryou wears these when he crossdresses because his sister, Yui, used to wear them.
- Jerkass: Ryou seems this at first, with his negative disposition and aggressive nature. He softens up afterwards, but he's still a very troubled kid all the same.
- In-Series Nickname: Quite a few.
- Osamu Tamura is "Parou", and he later gets the additional nickname "Tamurin" from Akane.
- Ryousuke Kijima is "Yui", taking his dead sister's name, and he's often referred to as "Ryou-chin" by his classmates.
- Marika's given name is Yuuta Aoki.
- Satoshi Natsume has the nickname "Tomochi".
- Ryou's girlfriend Miki Hachiya is usually called Hacchi.
- Incompatible Orientation:
- Parou and his love interest. It doesn't stop said love interest from exploiting him for sex so long as he's crossdressing, but even so, he's quick to dump poor Parou as soon as he starts looking too masculine for his tastes.
- In a much milder case, this applies to Mai and Marika.
- Love Triangle: One develops between the main protagonists. Marika likes Parou even though she knows he doesn't feel the same, Parou grows to like Yui but never shows it, and Yui has feelings towards Marika that he can't really cope with.
- My Sibling Will Live Through Me: Ryousuke's reason for crossdressing.
- Mood Whiplash: The first chapter is rather sickly sweet with the second mostly being bittersweet, though Ryou comes along and gives a harsh foreshadowing to the grimness of the next two chapters. After that there's a constant bouncing between depressingly dark and happy fluff.
- The Nicknamer: Akane
- Shout-Out: In chapter 3 to Wandering Son. One of Ryou's friends has a crush on Marika and assumes she's a girl who crossdresses at school.
- Spotlight-Stealing Squad: Marika gets more focus than her two co-stars.
- Rape as Backstory: Parou was sexually abused by an older boy when he was younger.
- There Are No Therapists: Ryou begins dressing up as his dead older sister and has delusions that she's a ghost speaking to him. His mother doesn't seem in very good shape either; their house is cluttered and she plays along with his dress up games. Parou and Marika aren't much better; the former is in an abusive relationship with a high schooler who only uses him for sex, and the latter has Gender Dysphoria and has suffered no end of transphobic bullying.
- Thankfully eventually averted as Marika goes to a doctor to start transition and Ryou's mother is sent to the hospital for the mental care she so desperately needed.
- Transsexual: Marika.
- The Unfavorite: Ryou's mother never cared much for him. She focused her attention on his older sister, who was an up-and-coming model before she died. Even after her death she only pays attention to him when he's dressed as her.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: Ryou and Parou. Volume 2 introduces Satoshi, who goes to school in the girls uniform.
- Wrong Genre Savvy: Marika seems to think she's in a classic shoujo manga. She isn't.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Parou, although based on the dialogue, it's actually a stylised black.
- Growing Up Sucks: Akane hates mensturation and Satoshi cannot fit into his sisters clothes, forcing him to stop crossdressing. Ryou worries about growing taller since he can no longer pretend to be his sister, Marika gets dysphoria over puberty, and Parou's crush thinks he's disgusting since he's masculanizing. Hacchi's breast development has caused her much trouble, too.