Reese Witherspoon (born March 22, 1976) is an American actress from New Orleans, Louisiana.She won an Academy Award in 2005 for her portrayal of June Carter Cash in Walk the Line. Her breakout role was Elle Woods in Legally Blonde. She is noted for being able to play a broad spectrum of characters. She was married to Ryan Philippe and now married to Jim Toth.
- Elle Woods in Legally Blonde
- Annette Hargrove in Cruel Intentions
- Tracy Flick in Election
- Vanessa Julia Lutz in Freeway
- Jennifer in Pleasantville
- June Carter Cash in Walk the Line
- Nicole in Fear
- Nicky's mom in Little Nicky
- Kate in Four Christmases
- Voice of Ginormica in Monsters vs. Aliens
- Voice of Debbie (Buck Strickland's mistress) on King of the Hill.
- Voice of Greta Wolfcastle, Rainier's daughter, and Bart's girlfriend on The Simpsons.
- Melanie in Sweet Home Alabama
- Marlena in Water for Elephants
- Lauren in This Means War!
- Penny in Inherent Vice
- Cheryl Strayed in Wild
- Rosita in Sing
- Madeline Martha MacKenzie in Big Little Lies
- Alice Kinney in Home Again
Tropes relating to her career:
- Large Ham: She has a tendency to be one.
- Ms. Fanservice: She is often portrayed as sexy or a lust object, e.g. in This Means War!, Legally Blonde, or Nipple and Dimed in Twilight (no, not that one), or in Wild as well, though some of it is also Fan Disservice.
- Patriotic Fervor: Just take a gander at her social media. She makes it unabashedly clear that she loves America.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Gifted at doing these, see Walk the Line, Freeway, Election, etc.
- Rule of Sean Connery: She killed Kiefer Sutherland, screwed with Matthew Broderick, shot Paul Newman, and got into Harvard. Yeah. She's awesome.
- She Really Can Act (and Sing): Just see Walk The Line and Sing, and your jaw will drop.