Reese Witherspoon was born March 22, 1976, in New Orleans
, Louisiana. She won an Academy Award in 2005 for her portrayal of June Carter Cash in Walk the Line
. Her breakout role was Elle Woods in Legally Blonde
. She is noted for being able to play a broad spectrum of characters. She was married to Ryan Philippe.
This actress and her roles provide examples of:
- Beware the Nice Ones: You better. 
- Deadpan Snarker: On and off-screen.
- Large Ham: She's pretty hammy in Freeway, Election, and also a few moments of Legally Blonde.
- Ms. Fanservice: She can be this in This Means War, Legally Blonde, and (YMMV) Water For Elephants.
- To say nothing of her role in Twilight (no, not that one)
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Gifted at doing these, see Walk the Line, Freeway, Election, etc.
- Playing Against Type: Tracy and Vannessa are nothing like Elle Woods.
- Mean Character, Nice Actor: She is nothing like some shrews she played.
- Rule Of Sean Connery: She killed Kiefer Sutherland, screwed with Matthew Broderick, shot Paul Newman, and got into Harvard. Yeah. She's awesome.
- She Really Can Act(And Sing): Just see Walk The Line and your jaw will drop. She also learned to play the auto-harp for the film.
- What Could Have Been:
- She was offered the starring role in WordGirl, but declined.
- She was also going to voice Merida in Pixar's Brave, but dropped out due to commitment issues.